Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss All I want for Christmas... in the Community Center forums; According to my countdown, there are only 100 days until Christmas. I know that seems so far away for some and not soon enough for others. I thought this might ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

All I want for Christmas...

According to my countdown, there are only 100 days until Christmas. I know that seems so far away for some and not soon enough for others. I thought this might be a good way to get in the holiday mood a bit early.

If you celbrate Christmas or other holiday you celebrate in December, feel free and post some things. I also thought that we could have some questions to answer. You can expand or make a post about something we are discussing but about once a week or so, I will try to put new questions.

So here are some easy ones:

1. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Is there a reason why?
    2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table?
    3. What would you like for Christmas?
    4. When do you start shopping for gifts?
    5. What is your favorite tradition?

That is a start.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    O Holy Night, as sung by my Uncle Steve in church on Christmas Eve at midnight. It always brings tears to my eyes.
    2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table?
    Party Potatoes
    3. What would you like for Christmas?
    Prince Charming, wearing a red ski parka, ready to weather the winters with me.
    4. When do you start shopping for gifts?
    The day after Thanksgiving.
    Reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas followed by the Christmas story on Christmas Eve, then we all hang our stockings. This year our tiniest member gets to hang his first.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Silent Night played on a flute- just beautiful. And O Holy Night. Those words just give me chills when sung by a wonderful singer.
    2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table? Pecan Pie is somewhere close by! My family will have turkey, dressing, and mashed potatoes. DH's family will have turkey, dressing, and some type of potato dish but not mashed. My mom's gravy is better.
    3. What would you like for Christmas? A trip to WDW or a large chunk of money-
    4. When do you start shopping for gifts? A little each month starting in Sept. or Oct.
    This one is tough for me. We don't have any strong traditions. We tend to make cinnamon rolls for Santa as he likes something different on his route. My youngest mentioned those the other day.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'll Be Home For Christmas because I haven't been home (MN) for Christmas in 30 years and I've spent 9 Christmases out of the USA.
    2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table? Home-made carmel corn
    3. What would you like for Christmas? Half of the World of Disney Store
    4. When do you start shopping for gifts? November or if I see something extra-ordinary during the year.
    5. What is your favorite tradition? Going to mass with DH and DD on Christmas Eve, coming home, eating Chinese, and then opening gifts.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

5. What is your favorite tradition? Going to mass with DH and DD on Christmas Eve, coming home, eating Chinese, and then opening gifts.
    Flashbacks of A Christmas Story!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Oh goodness it is so many i won't list them all.. BUT i will have to say O Holy Night sung by Nat King Cole is by far the top 5
    2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table?Corn Pudding

3. What would you like for Christmas?For my children to know they are truely blessed and they always remember the true meaning of Christmas

4. When do you start shopping for gifts?I normally would have started in August, but it seems I can not get going this year

5. What is your favorite tradition?Going to my brother's on Christmas Eve so Santa can scare the dickens out of everyone, and then on Christmas having my children make there way down stairs to see what Santa has left... Ohhh how I love Christmas......
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

1. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night
    2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table? Potatoes
    3. What would you like for Christmas? Nothing-I'm going to WDW!! (well before Christmas that is)

4. When do you start shopping for gifts? Now

5. What is your favorite tradition? Going to church Christmas Eve and then coming home and watching Cassidy put out the reindeer food and the cookies for Santa.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I'm surprised you posted in here Deb!

1. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oooh...I can't pick just one. Is there a reason why? I like so many Christmas songs. For me it's mostly I like that song sung by that person, and that song sung by this person, etc.
    2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table? Turkey, Ham, or Pork.
    3. What would you like for Christmas? A trip to WDW or a laptop.
    4. When do you start shopping for gifts? When I get money.
    5. What is your favorite tradition? Going downtown the day after Thanksgiving to go to my mom's work and see Macy's windows. Then we come home and put up the Christmas decorations.
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 09-16-2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: forgot to add some stuff
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    1. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Is there a reason why? Silver Bells and Silent Night, I like Silent Night in German
    2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table? We usually grill steaks and MIL always has Prime rib for our family Christmas there. Love it.
    3. What would you like for Christmas? To take DD to WDW, follow with a trip to Isreal and end up in Hawaii. I'll take a bottle of Red by Giorgio and a pair of comfy slippers. A good day watching movies is as good as a long trip.
    4. When do you start shopping for gifts? I only shop for DD and DH, everyone else gets massage certificates. SO I started already on theirs.
    5. What is your favorite tradition? Communion as a family at MIL's when we have our family Christmas evening there. FIL reads Luke, we discuss our blessings and the meaning of the Savior to each of us and then we have communion, always before we open the presents. MIL also has all of the emblems of Christ on her Christmas tree, pretty cool.

That is a start.[/quote]
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder
    1. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Is there a reason why? Little Drummer Boy by my old 2nd grade teacher. Nostalgia? Maybe. I just remember him singing really neat.

2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table? Pumpkin Pie!

3. What would you like for Christmas? A trip to WDW of course. More likely, for my kids to enjoy what they get (for more than until the end of Christmas vacation)

4. When do you start shopping for gifts? Dec. 24 (of the year before). Working in the toy department at Target helps!

5. What is your favorite tradition? Reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to my kids and having them basically ignore it. eventually they'll listen!
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    I'm surprised you posted in here Deb!
    Now why would you be surprised.... I told you I absolutely love Christmas.. Just not in July Mr Adam of Middleton If I started with my Christmas signature now, you'll think I was hit by an 18 wheeler or something

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    You are funny!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

oh yeah, it's all fun and games until someone gets their eye put out!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    great idea

1. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Is there a reason why?Carol of the Bells, White Christmas, Merry Christmas Day (Beach Boys)-no particular reason, just like them
    2. What is a food that is always served at the holiday table?Always fish (many fishes) on Christmas Eve (Feast of the 7 fishes) and on Christmas Day always lasagna or some pasta and usually Beef and a ton of other things.
    3. What would you like for Christmas?I would love a really nice wall unit for my living room.
    4. When do you start shopping for gifts?I pick up stocking stuffers all year long but the real shopping doesn't get done until December.
    5. What is your favorite tradition?When we set up the manger we always leave Jesus hidden and then we bring him out at midnight on Christmas Eve.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

That is great idea. I like that tradition.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast