Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Costume Help in the Community Center forums; Ok, so I need help with a Halloween costume. I'm having a hard time being decisive this year, so I thought maybe some of you could offer creative/fun ideas! Two ...
    Silver Britches is offline A-Ticket holder

Costume Help

Ok, so I need help with a Halloween costume. I'm having a hard time being decisive this year, so I thought maybe some of you could offer creative/fun ideas! Two years ago I was a Jedi, and last year I was Jack Skellington. This year I'm thinking of Peter Pan or Captain Hook, or maybe even Captain Jack Sparrow. The costume just can't be too warm-- it's still hot here. TIA!
    -SB

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Ok so I'm going to assume you're male based on your previous costume choices. This year I'm being Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas (The Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Plus Adult Costume - Costumes) but that doesn't help you much seeing as you were Jack last year.

The pirate thing I think is going to be way overdone this year. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I think everyone is going to be Jack Sparrow. That said, being Captain Hook is a nice way of throwing it out that you're not only a pirate, but a classic one at that.

Peter Pan can be tough unless you have the right body for it. No man is comfortable in skin tight green tights unless he does. LOL!

Are you specifically wanting to stay in the realm of Disney characters of some sort? If so, what about Mowgli from Jungle Book or a Chimney Sweep from Marry Poppins? That'd be pretty unique!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I still want to dress up like Mrs Incredible, I just need a party to go to.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'll be wearing Sally to take my son trick-or-treating and to work on Halloween for our party.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Silver Britches is offline A-Ticket holder
    BamaJenn-- Yes, I'm a guy...I guess I should've said so! I agree about the pirate thing (especially Jack Sparrow), which is why I think I've been apprehensive. I think I can pull off being Peter Pan, although I have to admit that wearing tights scares me. Mowgli...I'm not sure how I would dress up for that...just a small diaper/wrap? Yikes! That might scare some people! But the Chimney Sweep-- I'm liking that idea!

Tink-- Find a party because that costume is fun!

Thanks to both of you! If you think of anything else, keep the ideas coming. Maybe they'll inspire others, too!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Gaston from Beauty & the Beast?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sorry I didn't give you suggestions in my last post! I also like the chimney sweep idea, not so tough to pull off, get some clothes from a second hand store and rub some black fabric paint to soot them up, pick up a chimney brush and voila!