Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Podcasts on iPod in the Community Center forums; This will probably sound like a completely wierd question and I'm not sure this is the right board, but I have a question about listening to podcasts on an ipod. ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Podcasts on iPod

This will probably sound like a completely wierd question and I'm not sure this is the right board, but I have a question about listening to podcasts on an ipod.

I don't have an ipod but am considering getting one so I can listen to podcasts when I'm not near my computer. I'm completely unknowlegeable about ipods and I have a couple questions.

How do I go about finding what ipod is compatible with my computer / podcasts I will be listening to?

I've read that you have to hook up the ipod to your computer in order to download the podcasts from iTunes to the ipod. Will I have to do this every time I want to listen to a new podcast, or is it a one-time thing? For example, If I got an ipod and downloaded the WDW radio show and listened to it and then the next week went out of town (probably to WDW or on the DCL ) would it automatically download the next show to the ipod while I was away from my computer or would I have to find a computer to hook it up to in order to download the next show?

Hope tht all makes sense. Thanks in advance.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorria View Post
    This will probably sound like a completely weird question and I'm not sure this is the right board, but I have a question about listening to podcasts on an ipod.

I don't have an ipod but am considering getting one so I can listen to podcasts when I'm not near my computer. I'm completely acknowledgeable about ipods and I have a couple questions.

How do I go about finding what ipod is compatible with my computer / podcasts I will be listening to?

I've read that you have to hook up the ipod to your computer in order to download the pod casts from iTunes to the ipod. Will I have to do this every time I want to listen to a new pod cast, or is it a one-time thing? For example, If I got an ipod and downloaded the WDW radio show and listened to it and then the next week went out of town (probably to WDW or on the DCL ) would it automatically download the next show to the ipod while I was away from my computer or would I have to find a computer to hook it up to in order to download the next show?

Hope that all makes sense. Thanks in advance.
    I don't have an answer for what ipod is compatible with your computer. I do have a suggestion as to what ipod you may want to avoid. My DH bought me a ipod shuffle for Christmas last year. It's inexpensive, but you can't pick various songs or pod casts to which to listen on the shuffle because the shuffle doesn't have a screen to see your song list. A shuffle won't allow you to skip ahead or back in the same pod cast or song if you want to hear something again or skip ahead a bit. It starts from the beginning of a song or pod cast each time. DH ended up buying me a nano a few months later which does allow you to make lists.

Yes, you do need to download each new episode to your ipod each week by connecting to your computer or laptop. itunes is free off the Internet and you'll use that program to move the pod cast to your ipod. The computer you are connecting to should be the same one each time since an ipod can only be assigned to one computer at a time. Each computer will have to have itunes on it and each computer needs to have the same song lists and libraries (lists of songs). After being in limbo while moving recently, trust me, using one computer to download to an ipod is the best way to go.

I hope this helps.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I have an Ipod Nano and love it! The Nano has a screen on it so you can pick and choose what you want to listen to. You can even put pictures and videos on it. It's easy to figure out. Whenever a new podcast comes up it automatically downloads to your Itunes. All you need to do after that is "sync" it to you Ipod. I usually load mine up before taking a long trip. You can also put it into your computer to charge it.

Hope this helps!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com