Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss the7thAve's Top Ten Things to Watch for Halloween!!! in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Conceited Ape Yeah, Micheal Myers is up there on the creepiness factor, especially after that dumb "Love Guru" flick. Duh, just got the joke. Second blonde moment ...
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Yeah, Micheal Myers is up there on the creepiness factor, especially after that dumb "Love Guru" flick.
    Duh, just got the joke. Second blonde moment of the day, first one was when I was looking for my phone allover the place while being on said phone. Had to laugh about that one....

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    whoa! those are some pretty elaborate costumes for kids! when I was a kid all I got was a one piece plastic union suit with picture of a character on it and a mask. like this one:
    Dood, see the costume that AJ is wearing? Those replaced the costumes you used to wear, AJ actually has on the Deluxe version, the plain one has no foamy muscles built-in, about 10 bucks more to be a buffer Turtle, Batman or Superman.

I guess we (my sister, cousins and I) were lucky, when we were little my mom and aunt used to make our costumes, I remember going as a clown, a white rabbit (later turned into a cat costume) and a princess, complete with pointy silver (foil) hat with pink veil coming out the end. I guess we would reuse costumes since I don't remember going as anything else as a kid! I had a plastic pumpkin that held a handful of candy, kept having to empty it out in a larger bag.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I was a pumpkin for my first Halloween, then I was a rabbit, then a cat, and I think I was the pink power ranger one year... and I was Cleopatra on my last Halloween I think.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Weirdo! No thanks on the adult Smurf costume! Maybe Kerry would like that though, hmmm.
    I was totally going to say that! I love a cute Smurf, and yes I have dressed as one more times than I should admit to.

Love that cutie Woody and that is one buff Turtle!!! I agree... muscles make the outfit.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Cassidy was Kim Possible last year.

We went to a Halloween party last night. Cassidy was a cowgirl, I was Twister and my DH was the guy from the Bud Light commercial with the ax.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

I think I need to watch my MNSSHP dvd now. Boo To You....

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Here is the Halloween decor they put up at work, needless to say they won the challenge, across the street they put up 4 ghosts, scattered a few pumpkins and hay bales. They blew them out of the water!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    ANOTHER Saw movie? Alright, I suppose I'll wind up seeing this one, too; if only out of morbid curiousity (and an admitted lack of anything better to do on Halloween). Seems to me, they set down the stool and milked this one for all it's worth, so I'd love to see just how much further they think they can stretch the "story." They were sorta reachin' with that last one, it seemed........

Can't say I am a fan of those movies, I don't like movies that mess up my mind like those do, I like to watch movies as an escape, I don't need that escape to be "would I cut my arm or my leg off first?"

Oooooooooh, just recalled what I dreamed about last night, for some reason, my left forearm and hand were all mangled. I can't remember what had happened, no bandages on, just sort of all meaty, ripped and exposed, did not hurt though and there was no bleeding. My hand was a little swollen like it had been in water for too long. WEIRD. I kept looking at my hand wondering if my knuckle skin would grow back, you could see the bone. Also kept telling myself I needed to get my armed looked after but I wasn't in a hurry. Wonder what that was about...

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Yes, friends, I am aware that I have been slacking on my annual Halloween duties. I have been out of town since the 1st of the month, plus I came back to a computer whose internet is "on the fritz" (to say the least. I've been having it out with the cable company the last couple days).

But! Without further ado, here is the 10th best thing to watch during this, my most favorite of holiday seasons:

#10. the Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror

I'm not as up on my history of the annual "Treehouse of Horror" specials as I am on some other stuff, but I'm pretty sure that the first episode of this was billed only as "the Simpsons Halloween Special."
    Eventually, it became known as the "Treehouse of Horror."
    Since around the 2nd season or so, these Halloween events have been "anthology" type episodes, usually beginning with Bart and/or Lisa telling stories in the backyard treehouse (hence the name).
    While, obviously, these episodes contain loads of humor, they also contain some genuinely creepy moments (which usually leads to a warning before each Treehouse episode).

Although I rarely tune in to the Simpsons anymore, I never miss the Halloween episode.

Since this has become a true Halloween classic, viewed by millions every year, it makes the ranks of the top ten.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Glad you're back!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Glad you're back!
    thanks!!!! hey, weren't yall supposed to be coming to the Deep for a visit sometime????

If we can dream it, we can do it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast