Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss the7thAve's Top Ten Things to Watch for Halloween!!! in the Community Center forums; Yes but your buddy's schedule keeps changing! I keep telling him he needs to ask for leave, hasn't taken any since February....
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Yes but your buddy's schedule keeps changing! I keep telling him he needs to ask for leave, hasn't taken any since February.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    #9. Will Vinton's Claymation Comedy of Horrors

While the Claymation Christmas Special may be better known (mostly due to the presence of those 80's darlings, the California Raisins), I think the Comedy of Horrors is just as good, if not better.

The plot is about Wilshire the pig and his buddy, Sheldon the snail. Wilshire is a sneaky character who makes appearances in numerous shorts produced by Will Vinton, always coming up with schemes that fail miserably.

In this one, Wilshire and Sheldon find a map to a castle where they will supposedly find a monster who will do their bidding. Unfortunately, when they finally find the castle, it is playing host to a party for all sorts of monsters whom, if they find a "mortal" amongst their ranks, will most assuredly kill them instantly.

This leads to hilarity and Willshire tries to disguise Sheldon and himself and find the secret lab where the monster is being held.

There's just something about Claymation that looks really good to me. I think it's mainly the intricacies of the sets and the characters themselves. That, on top of the hours it must have taken to produce, make this a visually appealing treat. Besides it being aesthetically pleasing, it has a good plot and some really funny moments as we delight in seeing Wilshire's plans get thwarted at every turn.

You can find this on dvd with the Claymation Christmas Special and the one they did for Easter (which also features Wilshire and Sheldon).

If we can dream it, we can do it

More, please!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    What she said.

Not to get too far out of the holiday spirit, but the mention of the Claymation Christmas special gave me an unexpected flashback. I'm still sort of haunted by their rendition of "We Three Kings," with the titular monarchs playing it straight and the camels sort of jazzing up the refrain.

Here we come, a'waffle-ing.........

So Jake, have you watched The Great Dolomite yet this season? Ha ha!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Not into the real scary stuff. I love watching Hocus Pocus every years & It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Every year now that my daughter is older we hand out candy. After that for the first time in years going to a Halloween Bash. Should be fun. Happy Halloween Everyone, next Friday.......
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    So Jake, have you watched The Great Dolomite yet this season? Ha ha!
    You bet I will. Rudy Ray Moore; more famously known as Dolemite (The Great or otherwise, and truly THE original "King of Comedy") passed on just last Sunday at the ripe old age of 81.

This alone warrants a midnight visit to the pumpkin patch.

Ugh. Well, managed once again to keep the contents of my stomach to myself and endured the latest Saw. Aaaaand I guess I'll be seeing everyone, same place, same time of year for Saw VI: The Uncalled For.

Why do you go watch that spooge! Those movies are just annoying to me.

I must say that even I, notorious fan of anything horror related (even gore), don't much care for the Saw series. however, like every other horror fan, I find myself watching them because I just can't help it.

For a better entry (imo) into the "inventive death scene" category, I would suggest the first two Final Destination movies. I didn't see these for a long time, because I lumped them into the "teeny bopper horror" category. but they really do have some cool death scenes (the first two, the third one is ****. the fourth one is currently being filmed about 2 miles from my house).

#8. Garfield Halloween Special
    (aka "Garfield's Halloween Adventure")

I know I've said this in a previous thread but, to me, there's something really great about the Garfield holiday "specials." The animation is fairly terrible, often switching styles and colors between frames, but the story is always good.

In the Halloween episode, Garfield discovers Halloween, a holiday where he can go to different houses and get free candy. He convinces Odie to go with him and they dress up like pirates and hit the streets. Things take a turn for the worse when Garfield's greed leads them to an abandoned (i.e. haunted) house on an island where they are terrorized by a creepy old man and then by ghost pirates. I've said it before, but it amazes me how contemporary this episode is, considering how pirates were the most popular costume last year, and ghost pirates were a central them to one of the most successful film franchises in recent history.

I'll be surprised if this comes on tv this year, as most kids nowadays have no clue who Garfield is unless they read the Sunday funny papers. Fortunately for us, there is the technological magic of home video. This, along with the Garfield Thanksgiving & Christmas specials, is available on dvd. Or, you could also check it out via youtube:

Part 1:
    YouTube - Garfield's Halloween Adventure (Part 1)

Part 2:
    YouTube - Garfield's Halloween Adventure (Part 2)

Part 3:
    YouTube - Garfield's Halloween Adventure (Part 3)

The thing I realy love about this, and many of the other members of this top ten, is that it has some really funny parts, but also some genuinely creepy parts. While not as scary as some of the entries in this thread, Garfield's Halloween Adventure has enough chills to satisfy young and old alike.

I shall YouTube it! I don't have cable at home and sometimes have no idea which DVD I feel like watching. It amazes me what you can find on YouTube, I am catching up on some of my favorite trashy girly shows, love it.

90210?

America's Next Top Model. I am sure I have seen all the old 90210s! And yes, I do watch the new version that is airing now.

Why do I watch? Mostly just morbid curiosity. If I hadn't been taken to see the first ones, I wouldn't have this dilemma. Now, I feel compelled to see just how they explain this and that and the other twist--it gets more and more complicated each movie (unfortunately, I just don't have the fortitude to watch any of them more than once, and I wind up with just as many new questions afterward).

But that's just it, really. It's Halloween, and it's cheap thrills. And I sure as H-E-double hockey sticks wasn't going to see the latest High School Musical.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast