Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss the7thAve's Top Ten Things to Watch for Halloween!!! in the Community Center forums; I'm gonna save #1 until tomorrow, but if you think about it real hard, you can probably guess what it is anyway. I'll also be naming out a lot of ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I'm gonna save #1 until tomorrow, but if you think about it real hard, you can probably guess what it is anyway.

I'll also be naming out a lot of "Honorable Mentions." These are movies that would be fun to watch on Halloween, but got edged out of the top ten for one reason or another. We'll do some more fun stuff tomorrow too, so stay tuned and Happy Halloween!!!

If we can dream it, we can do it

Invitation

You Are Invited!

What: Halloween Party!!!

Where: The Hightower Haunted House
    (my house. PM me for directions if you think you might can make it
    deep into the belly of the Deepest South)

When: Halloween Night!!! 8pm!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Oh man, I wish I could come! Sort of have to take the little guys trick or treating. We're going to the next town over, they have a parade every year and they throw candy from the floats. Heard they transform a truck into a fire breathing dragon, I will try to take pics!

What are you and Crystal getting dressed as this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    This sentiment has also managed to be get some well-deserved media coverage lately.

In The Know: Has Halloween Become Overcommercialized? | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    Hee hee! That was good.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    For the record, I do applaud the decision to take the Halloween series in a different direction (then again, it's not the first time fans have gotten upset over the absence of the trademark maniac--ask any fan of the Friday the 13th franchise about Part 5, and you're more than likely only going to get rolled eyes and a remark along the lines of "that was that stoopid one where it wasn't even Jason, it was some ambulance driver!"). The only real problem I've personally got with this unrelated entry into the saga of Halloween would be that I can't accept the notion that every single kid in the United States of America would want to be either a witch, a skeleton, or a jack o' lantern for the trick or treating that year. Sorry, just not buyin' it, regardless of how hip and awesome those masks were supposed to be. Not to mention as a little guy, my folks might have declined to get me anything that had a commercial jingle as annoying as that one........

And the one thing I will never forgive, petty as it may be: I can't abide that the filmmakers seemed to completely overlook the fact that this nation is split into several time zones, which always ruins the climax for me.
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 10-30-2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Bad sentence syntax......why'd it HAVE to be bad sentence syntax?

I still haven't watched NBC. I did watch The Corpse Bride yesterday, I really like that one and my 4 year old is addicted to it. I was just thinking how I wouldn't mind dressing up as Emily for a future Halloween...hmm.

Last edited by Tinker Bell; 10-30-2008 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post

What are you and Crystal getting dressed as this year?
    She's going to be Carmen Miranda

I was going to be Santa Claus, but someone else is coming to the party as "dirty Santa Claus"
    Fortunately, I had a backup costume, which is a "Dia de los Muertos" skeleton.
    I couldn't find an exact picture of my mask, but it's sorta like these:

Ha! Funny, I was just telling Gae about someone showing up at her work with a fruit basket on their head.

Excellent costumes! Try to show us pics!

Wow, this one goes for 600$! Handmade and gorgeous though.

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    For the record, I do applaud the decision to take the Halloween series in a different direction (then again, it's not the first time fans have gotten upset over the absence of the trademark maniac--ask any fan of the Friday the 13th franchise about Part 5, and you're more than likely only going to get rolled eyes and a remark along the lines of "that was that stoopid one where it wasn't even Jason, it was some ambulance driver!"). The only real problem I've personally got with this unrelated entry into the saga of Halloween would be that I can't accept the notion that every single kid in the United States of America would want to be either a witch, a skeleton, or a jack o' lantern for the trick or treating that year. Sorry, just not buyin' it, regardless of how hip and awesome those masks were supposed to be. Not to mention as a little guy, my folks might have declined to get me anything that had a commercial jingle as annoying as that one........

And the one thing I will never forgive, petty as it may be, I can't abide that the filmmakers seemed to completely overlook the fact that this nation is split several time zones, which always ruins the climax for me.

SPOILER ALERT!
    another thing to think about is that the Silver Shamrock masks, being as they were a name brand, were probly kinda pricey (ancient technology don't come cheap!), which means that plenty of parents would probly say, "I'm not paying that for a mask! C'mon, you can just be a clown again this year!"
    Of course, they would later be celebrating their frugality after half of America's youngsters are wiped out by a mysterious disease that turns your head into cucarachas.
    I think O'Herlihy (can't remember his character's name) probably would have been happy to get as many as he could, and probly realized it was ridiculous to expect to sacrifice every single child in the States.

speaking of the time zones, one thing I've also always wondered about was the overseas thing. like, if it was 2 o'clock in the morning in somewhere abroad, did they air it earlier in the night and the horrible truth hasn't yet gotten to the shores of Babylon? I guess what I'm getting at is whether he was trying to mushify brains globally, or just nationally?

I'm sure John and Debra (and Tommy Lee Wallace, the writer/director) didn't think that deep about it, and probly just meant for it to be a fun little movie celebrating the "Season of the Witch," but it is interesting to think about these things...

the Corpse Bride is a good costume. one of my friends was a "zombie bride" one year (a good bit before the movie) and it was creepy and looked cool. but I would say that no Halloween costume is worth buying a $600 dress for.

I thought 30 bucks for a Ninja Turtle costume was overdoing it so yeah, no way I would pay that! I was thinking of making my own costume. Blue body suit maybe, blue face make up, wig, dress from a second hand store. It could be done if I get creative. Good chance I'll have a party to go to next year so I might do that.

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween!!!

to get the day started off, here's a recipe for the punch I will be making for the party tonight. It's a variation on a cocktail called "the Zombie," which was invented in the 1930's by a man named Donn Beach for his tiki bar in Hollywood.

Most of the time it's made in bars one at a time, but I just giant-size the portions and make a whole lot of it.

1. 1 fifth of clear rum (I use regular ol' clear Bacardi)
    2. 1 fifth of spiced rum (Captain Morgan's or some equivalent. I recommend Sailor Jerry's)
    3. 1 fifth of dark rum (Myer's, Captain Morgan's Tattoo, etc.)
    4. 1/2 fifth of Bacardi 151 (don't get near any open flame!)
    5. half gallon of orange juice
    6. half gallon of pineapple juice

That's it. Lots of people add grenadine, and this year I think I'm gonna add some maraschino cherries, but that's the basic Zombie. It, obviously, has a lot of alcohol, but it tastes sweet, so be careful with it. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's called the Zombie because it has the potential to turn you into one quickly.

Anyway, have fun and be safe!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast