Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss the7thAve's Top Ten Things to Watch for Halloween!!! in the Community Center forums; Hi all! Just thought I'd go ahead and make this thread officially open for discussion today, October 1st (WDW's bday and, of course, the beginning of the best month of ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

the7thAve's Top Ten Things to Watch for Halloween!!!

Hi all!
    Just thought I'd go ahead and make this thread officially open for discussion today, October 1st (WDW's bday and, of course, the beginning of the best month of the year, imo).

In this thread I hope to give an accurate portrayal of the top ten things to watch for Halloween. I say "things" because they won't all be movies; some will inevitably be "shorts" or other Halloween-y things that are well worth your time to view during this season of dark cheer.

I'll be away from technology for the next two weeks, but I wanted to go ahead and open this thread up for discussion on all things Halloween. What do you like to watch? What is your favorite trick-or-treat candy? What are you going to dress up as this year, or what are some of your past costumes? What are your kids going to be for Halloween? Are you going to any Halloween parties? How do you decorate your abode for the season? Got any pics of any of the above? Please feel free to share anything and everything that is remotely related to my personal favorite holiday!

The last two years, I have done a "31 Days of Halloween" thread, where every day I named a thing or two to watch, mostly consisting of horror films.
    I was discussing with my two goodest friends on here, TB & CA, and I lamented that there was no way to do one this year without treading over the same ground. TB suggested a "Top Ten" so that's why this is here.
    If you'd like to view these other threads, and perhaps play along this year again, you will find the links below.

Thanks for reading and Happy Halloween/October (ahem... Go Cubs!)

For "the7thAve's 31 Days of Halloween" 2006 CLICK HERE

For "the7thAve's 31 MORE Days of Halloween" 2007 CLICK HERE

If we can dream it, we can do it

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Yeah! I will get back to this one tonight. I am sure I have pics I could upload here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Yeah! I will get back to this one tonight. I am sure I have pics I could upload here.
    please do!

Here are some of the boys costumes from the past couple of years.

This was for a party two years ago I think.

Halloween last year (day I moved into my house!), the local snack bar goes all out every year with free meals for the kiddos and lots of decorations. These were the trick or treating costumes, the other costumes they wore at daycare and school.

No party plans this year so far and I don't know how the boys will want to get dressed this year, I think we'll take a look in the costume trunk and see what we can come up with.

At work they are going to have some sort of haunted house thing going on in the garage, heard that the guys from the lumber yard across the street challenged my bosses to some sort of contest, they have been "building" things in there, so far I saw some sort of witch mannequin, a Michael Myers dude on a ladder (very creepy) and another creature in a hammock? I will take some pictures once it starts shaping up, all I know is I've been asked to dress up like a witch and hand out candy to the kids that day. Okay!

whoa! those are some pretty elaborate costumes for kids! when I was a kid all I got was a one piece plastic union suit with picture of a character on it and a mask. like this one:

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Yeah, Micheal Myers is up there on the creepiness factor, especially after that dumb "Love Guru" flick.

For the first few Halloweens of my life, those awful mask/apron costumes were pretty much the norm for me. The only one I vividly remember was Papa Smurf (gimme a break--the year was probably 1982 and I may not have had a whole lot of say in the matter to begin with). I say vividly remember since I was somewhat traumatized when the string on the mask snapped for no earthly reason and we watched the thing sail across the main road of town into traffic where it was pancaked by a bus.......

Stayed up a little past bedtime just last night to put in the copy of Friday the 13th Part VI, which I picked up a year or two ago for a bargain. Still my favorite in the saga, and figure it was a good way to start the month off right.

I wish I could see a picture of you in a Smurf costume! Poor little maskless thing, so cute!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Yeah, Micheal Myers is up there on the creepiness factor, especially after that dumb "Love Guru" flick.
    Although I'm not into Halloween.... I will definitely have to agree with Mr. Jake on this one. For some reason, and even though it wasn't all the scary (now that is) the first one has sealed it for me... Just like Friday the 13th part 1 has it... I believe it has something to do with the beginning of it all...

Ohhhhh and another one.... That dag on Christine and Prom Night (the one from back in the day, also with Jamie Lee Curtis) gave me the heebie of the jeebies for many years
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I wish I could see a picture of you in a Smurf costume! Poor little maskless thing, so cute!
    I bet you can talk him into getting an adult version if'n you ask nicely ~ We don't need to see any pictures of that costume though Jake
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Weirdo! No thanks on the adult Smurf costume! Maybe Kerry would like that though, hmmm.

Well AJ picked his costume at the store today, he will be Leonardo, of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fame. Pics to follow shortly.

For Matthew, I found a cute Woody costume, it all hinges on the little cowboy boots we have. If those don't fit then he'll pick something out of the trunk. Problem with AJ is that he's outgrown lots of costumes in there.
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 10-02-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Sometimes my Engrish is not vely good.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast