Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss What keeps you coming back to WDW? in the Community Center forums; I was not really sure where to put this thread or even if there was already a thread like it, but it will be dedicated to telling each other why ...
    supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

What keeps you coming back to WDW?

I was not really sure where to put this thread or even if there was already a thread like it, but it will be dedicated to telling each other why you love WDW and what keeps you coming back. Also what creates the magic?

So I'll go first...

Well I keep on going back to WDW because it is really magical, when I'm there I am completely relaxed and care free. Also I believe that it is the CM's that create the magic. You never see a CM with a frown and they are always on good character. And I think that WDW really brings friends and family together. The best week of my life was in WDW in 2007 with my friends. I have never had so much fun in my life. I don't think that week could have been any better, and I can thank Disney for that experience.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    It is the immersion in WDW that gets me addicted. From the minute you park the car, everything else drops away, except enjoying the carefully created atmosphere. The background music, the attention to detail, the history of Walt and the parks. All of the planning, training of staff, and focus on a great experience for the guests makes Disney the leader in an industry rife with imitators. So I keep going back because stepping away from my reality and "living" in a parallel reality for even a short time makes me feel relaxed, happy, and peaceful. It is refreshing to just forget and enjoy and pretend to be a kid, and enjoy the new experiences of your kid. Hope that makes sense.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Before my son was born, I kept coming back because it was an escape. An escape from the real world to a place that made me feel like a kid again... and OK to act like one in the general sense.

Once my son was born, while all this remained true, we had an added reason. Seeing everything through his eyes is simply wonderful. Watching him interact with the characters and sit wide eyed on dark rides. There's nothing like it. Plus, each time we go we can do a little more with him (because he's getting taller) so it's a whole new experience. Through him I've experienced shows and attractions that I never had before, or hadn't since I was a young kid myself.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Exactly Jenn. It was an escape. No news was put on the TV. No newspaper (well DH sometimes read the sports page). And there was always something to do, no matter what the age of my children. Prior to that DH couldn't think of a more fun adventure than Disneyland for a Honeymoon. Perfect family adventure.

Dale-not-Chip is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We keep going back because it's a full experience.

We go other places and they are fun too, but it's not a true full experience. We even have a season pass for a cedar fair park. It's fun, and they have plenty of thrill rides that I do like, but other parks leaves so much out.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    The total experience. The palce is very well run. Clean, and the cast makes every kind of effort to make the visit feel special. The enterainment is top notch, there are myriad options for thing sot do, attractions shows, shopping, great food. Nothing shor tof a great time ina great place.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: What keeps you coming back to WDW?

Themeing, characters and the love of Disney. Walt's dream has become the adult escape from reality playground.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.