Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss "It's beginning to look ALOT like Christmas....." in the Community Center forums; oh....boy and it is . With all the stores pushing everything earlier then in other years it kinda hard to escape it. So anyway Whats all y'alls plan for this ...
    kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

"It's beginning to look ALOT like Christmas....."

oh....boy and it is .

With all the stores pushing everything earlier then in other years it kinda hard to escape it. So anyway Whats all y'alls plan for this christmas season.

Got any awesome recipes you'd like to share?
    Any neat gift ideas!

Use this thread to discuss your "holiday happenings"
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    working in retail i find it kinda annoying that the stores are pushing so early without thinking about thanksgiving.

i said i wouldn't conform to it but i think i already have

so all i gotta say is "SAVEEE MEEEEEE"
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm right there with you....till I found myself humming Christmas music in MK today. The decorations, the music, all the pretty Christmas things in the shops; I was out-numbered.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    We went to MK last weekend and they were already playing Christmas songs on the radio on our way there. :/

As for me, I'm going to get through Thanksgiving before I even start thinking that much about Christmas.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I normally have started my chirstmas shopping in September, I normally pull out the decorations. This year, i'm a sloth.... BUT, i will blame all this Christmas music playing, and giggling all on that ADAM!!!! Where is he at anyway, I NEED to talk to him
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Neat gift ideas, HMMM, yes my standard, Massage Certificates, $25 for a half hour $50 for an hour, good for almost everyone on the list.

Family night basket: Soup mix with directions, popcorn, movie and a ready made dessert.

Morning basket: hot beverage mugs for each, cocoa mix, breakfast bars, coffee mixes and smoothies powder.

Our family uses this time of year to celebrate The Christ, so as part of that we make donations of soup, peanut butter and jelly to our local Brown Bags for Seniors program. This provides them with up to two weeks at a time of soup, bread, and sandwich fixings. A lot of local grocers also donate fresh produce, so they have that as well, it is something we do year long, but more so in the cold witner months when they cannot garden.

Soap Box: Many, many seniors across the country go to bed hungry. Most communities run a program just for seniors. If you can and want to.......

SIL gift: anything with a yard sale tag works. JK, LOL
    Last edited by Keasmom; 11-18-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: brain and finger coordination issues.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I'm right there with you....till I found myself humming Christmas music in MK today. The decorations, the music, all the pretty Christmas things in the shops; I was out-numbered.
    Okay, you win, you are in the coolest place in the south for Christmas, I am so happy for you. (can you share more details)lol

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Our radio station flipped the switch on Friday, all Christmas music all the time.

My DWT decorations and room decorations are all up and I can't wait!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Okay, you win, you are in the coolest place in the south for Christmas, I am so happy for you. (can you share more details)lol
    The decorations around WDW are just starting to build. I don't think they are at their best till after dark, and I happened to be at the park during the daylight hours. There's a countdown to Christmas display outside the package pick-up building in MK. I'll post the picture, but I do apologize for it's quality. I should have taken a little more time to frame the shot.

The shops look fantastic and have really gotten me into the Christmas mode way before I had intended.

The Santa display at DTD is really great. Sorry I can't share the picture that my DD had taken with Santa and her puppy last Saturday evening (I don't own the photo), but we think he was the first puppy for the season photographed. I'm so looking forward to seeing the castle lit-up and the dancing lights at DHS.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I love the toy soldiers in the pic! Those are my favorite part of the Christmas parade!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I got in the mood very early this year. Now all presents are bought and most of them wrapped. I am just waiting for the Christmas trees to be put up at inlaws and my mom's house so we can bring over the gifts! I think we will put up our tree as soon as we clean the living room carpets.

I love going to the mall, seeing all the decor, watching the bustle. We neer taught Santa Clause, so we don't have that to deal with, but seeing the activity is fun and especailly on Christmas Eve, when all the guys are in a panic shopping mode. Hot cocoa, paniced fellows, good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I got in the mood very early this year. Now all presents are bought and most of them wrapped. I am just waiting for the Christmas trees to be put up at inlaws and my mom's house so we can bring over the gifts! I think we will put up our tree as soon as we clean the living room carpets.

Your surprise? definitely the best, ever, period. You win Disney mom of the year.