Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Disney Land Or Disney World in the Community Center forums; I hope this doesn't start some major disagreements, but just curious as to what park is your favorite between WDW and DL. I know you all are saying why pick ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

Disney Land Or Disney World

I hope this doesn't start some major disagreements, but just curious as to what park is your favorite between WDW and DL. I know you all are saying why pick but just for fun if you had to pick which one and why? If I had to pick it would probaly be WDW and for a simple reason that would be because they have a lot more to do and I love MGM and would just about die if they ever closed that park. Would love to know everybody elses choice or why they pick that park

This is just for fun not to start a WDW DL feud

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I have never been to DL... So I will have to choose WDW... I have read a lot of information about DL... but I have never had the urge to go there.. I am a total WDW freak..

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There are so many things to love about both places!

DL's size made it so much easier to see a lot in a few days. Being able to walk from The Disneyland Hotel, through Downtown Disney, to the front gates of both parks in 10 minutes or so was so nice compared to a 20-30 minute bus ride at WDW. But the monorail at DL is sad compared to WDW's.

DCA - this park is still an infant, and Disney is not doing enough to bring it up to it's potential. The same can be said about Animal Kingdom (this will probably get me some flames). But when it's one out of 2 parks vs. one out of 4 parks that aren't all that, it really stands out as needing work. We had a lot of fun at DCA in 2001, just a few months after opening, but even then it was having trouble with stuff not working, obvious budget cuts, etc. and some of the stuff that was kind of neat has already closed (especially the restaurants). If they expanded the Hollywood section to include more ideas from MGM, DCA would be a much better second gate.

The resorts at DL are nice, but by necessity smaller than WDW. I liked the Disneyland Hotel's historical displays & artwork, and the wallpaper border with Tinkerbell was a cute touch, but it just doesn't have the same feeling of escape from reality as the Polynesian, or even Port Orleans. The Grand Californian is beautiful, but no where near as jaw-dropping awe-inspiring as Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge.

DL could really use a water park and a DisneyQuest, to encourage longer stays.

I think to really escape into magic that encompasses me from arrival to departure, I prefer WDW. To feel like you've seen and done it all in just a few days, DL has the advantage.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    I prefer WDW over DL because DL is so small you can make it through the parks in two days. It could use a waterpark, better downtown disney area (pleausre isle of the west) and things like that but due to the small area to develop around it don't see any of that happening. WDW is just alot closer than a 5 hour plane flight out to the coast

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I really can't pick which one I think is better since I have been only to WDW. But I have a feeling the disneyland is just as good except for the fact that each area has its good and bad points.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I've been to both, and have to say WDW for a big vacation simply on the basis of there's more to do. If I'm doing a long weekend, I would say Disneyland because I can cover it in 3 days or so. And comparing like park to like park, Disneyland Park is WAY BETTER than the Magic Kingdom. If I had to choose between Disneyland Park for a day or Magic Kingdom for a day, I would pick Disneyland. It has more historic value, to me anyway (Unlce Walt rode these rides!), and it has more to do (Star Tours, HISTA, Innoventions, Indy, Matterhorn, Roger Rabbit, Fantasmic!, etc...)

In my opinion, they are different entities designed for different things. Sorry if I rambled...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Thanks for the feed back gang. I kinda of guess that everybody kind of likes WDW better even though some you haven't visited the other one. The reason why I posted the thread was because I have had a lot of major fights over which park was better and not with fans like are self.Just people you been thre once or just seen it on tv. But to be fair to you DL lover I been there too and the best part about that park is they still have Mr.Toads Wild Ride (not saying thats' the only reason but a big reason)never the less I still favor WDW.

Thanks Gang hope to hear more from others

disneymaniac24 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've never been to DL and have nothing against it but I am a total and complete WDW FREAK!!!!! I would only ever have the desire to go to DL if I was in CA but any other time I would way rather go to Disney World. I mean in DL what if it's raining and you want to go on the tea cups? What to do? Well in WDW there is a cover from rain and the sun. Also WDW is so much bigger so there's so much more to do. DL seems like you could blow through it in one day where WDW takes about a week or even ten days. I also don't want any fights started but I am in love with WDW.
    "All who come to this happy place, Welcome!!" :mickey:
    -Walt Disney on the opening day of Disneyland (July 17, 1955)

Dixie Landings: 11/98

Old Key West: 1/01

Board Walk Villas: 12/02

Beach Club Villas: 5/04

Pop Century Resort: 8/05
    It's time to remember the magic!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i have to agree that WDW is "better"....i have been to both and DL was covered in a day(granted i was on a camp trip and only had 1 day)...while it was awesome and i'm glad i got to see the original i still have to go with WDW...it just feels like more of a vacation and away from the real world like disneydame said
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    WDW
    easy choice
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I've never been to DL and have always wanted to visit it. After they got an Aladdin show, that desire grew about a million times. If I was given the choice between WDW and DL for my next vacation, I would choose DL for those reasons. But, I certainly wouldn't turn down a vacation to WDW - we do have the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management, after all.

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I grew up at going to DL, I love that park. WDW was a shock, it is so big and missing so many of the best attractions. The biggest shock was the entrance to Small World. At DL it is a huge castle like edifice that is visible from a lot of the park and just inspires the feeling of "dropping reality" for a while. Also, the ability to cover and repeat the park in one day, and really explore it in two days is much less exhausting. All that said, I am closer to WDW and like the "biggness" of it. It is a destination vacation for the total Disney trooper. What I especially love at WDW is the monorail. Sounds dull, but at DL for a really long time (maybe still) only Disney Hotel guests could achieve access to the 'rail. Since we lived there, it just did not happen. We would see it go over the park and just wish.

Both parks have their own personality and I enjoy both. But DL is the heart of my childhood and WDW will be the heart of my childs' childhood. Between us, I hope we get to see and enjoy the best of both.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Hard choice.

WDW has so much more to offer yet DL has one thing WDW will never have. The fact that Walt walked those streets.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    Hard choice.

WDW has so much more to offer yet DL has one thing WDW will never have. The fact that Walt walked those streets.
    ooohhh, that's an interesting point mickeybabe. i never thought of it that way.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney