Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Airline E-Ticket Email Virus in the Community Center forums; I just got one of these in my spam folder and I knew it was a virus when it said they charged my credit card. (I don't have one.) Don't ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Exclamation Airline E-Ticket Email Virus

I just got one of these in my spam folder and I knew it was a virus when it said they charged my credit card. (I don't have one.) Don't open the attachment even if it says they charged your credit card 400 and something dollars.

US-CERT is aware of public reports indicating that a new email attack is circulating. This attack uses email messages that appear to be from legitimate airlines and contain information about a bogus e-ticket. These email messages instruct the user to open the attachment to obtain the e-ticket. If a user opens this attachment, a file may be executed to infect the user's system with malicious code.

Reports, including a posting by Sophos, indicate that these messages have the following characteristics. Please note that these attributes may change at any time.

The subject line "E-Ticket#XXXXXXXXXX"
    An attachment named "eTicket#XXXX.zip"
    US-CERT encourages users and administrators to take the following preventative measures to help mitigate the security risks:

http://www.us-cert.gov/current/current_activity.html#airline_e_ticket_email_attac k
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thanks for the heads up. We will be sure not to open it. I normally just empty the box & don't look at it.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Thanks Adam, I don't open much but I could have opened this one.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    The only reason I look in my spam folder is in case something someone sent me goes in there.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!