Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Plane crash into the Hudson River in the Community Center forums; msnbc.com Video Player Everyone survived . It appears that the plane flew into a bunch of geese. Hard to believe but at least the passengers were able to escape the ...
    E39Chris525i is offline A-Ticket holder

Plane crash into the Hudson River

msnbc.com Video Player

Everyone survived . It appears that the plane flew into a bunch of geese. Hard to believe but at least the passengers were able to escape the freezing water here in NY.
    My son Peyton

WDW trip 2/15-2/21

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yeah, that sure was scary, I'm so glad everyone made it out ok. They looked cold but at least alive
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    I'm glad everyone survived. On CNN at one point there was a very happy survivor. The reporter said,"Look how happy he is to be alive." Ofcourse thats true but he's probably happier about the money he will get in a lawsuit.

I got first dibs on that plane when they pull it out of the water. It will just fit in my backyard at my new house
    My son Peyton

WDW trip 2/15-2/21

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm really impressed with this pilot. Sadly most can't think on their feet (or butt in this case) in an emergency situation like that. So many other crashes have resulted in fatalities because the pilot missed a better spot to ditch or whatever.

Sadly I'm sure some people will sue. I'm sure there are laptops and all sorts of stuff in those bags that are damaged now etc. so sadly there will be lawsuits that will just result in more rate hikes for everyone else.

Me, I'd be thanking the Lord that I was alive and realizing I had a good chance of not making it if not for that pilot.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

That pilot might get the keys to NYC, lol. Good thing you mentioned about the laptops, etc... I think airlines only pay like $1K per passenger for lost/misplaced baggage. Everyone these days will try to sue for any reason.
    My son Peyton

WDW trip 2/15-2/21

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by E39Chris525i View Post
    That pilot might get the keys to NYC, lol. Good thing you mentioned about the laptops, etc... I think airlines only pay like $1K per passenger for lost/misplaced baggage. Everyone these days will try to sue for any reason.

I think I heard this week it was going to be grand total of $5000.00 for checked and carry-on. If you have a larger claim they instituted a procedure.

Sully and his crew have been invited to the Superbowl, they are part of the Pre-game festivities. Way Cool.