Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss The New Forums in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by lorilovestigger I could only wish to be able to play around on the site at work. But with only 50 people in our company we have a ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I could only wish to be able to play around on the site at work. But with only 50 people in our company we have a Sonicwall to deal with that blocks everything. I had to beg for years to get a password just to be able to do what I needed to do for work. If they knew I was going onto forums and listening to podcasts they would have my butt for it.

You guys are extremely luck to be able to have access to it.
    They are extremely lucky. I have never tried to access DWT from work. Everything I do on my work computer is directly related to the work I am doing at that time. Am I the only regular on DWT who is consistently busy enough at work to not have time to play online anywhere?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Am I the only regular on DWT who is consistently busy enough at work to not have time to play online anywhere?
    While I haven't been around too much lately - I also don't "trivialize" my work ... it's my own company, I'm busy, and time is money. So Mandabella - I also always save the Disney fun for after work. Always.

And I recently had to reconfigure our firewall since a few employees were, well you know... (It's a completely different story when you're the business owner!!)

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I'll have to check our computers at work and see if our company blocks WDWRadio.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    As for the busy at work comments... I am a technical project manager for Wachovia's Internal Support areas. I am always busy and work my rear end off.

I used DWT as my occasional break after a rough meeting or three hour long issue I had to work through to resolution. It is BECAUSE I am always busy and work my rear off that I enjoyed DWT while at work. It was a momentary break from the insanity.

When I am home I am with my family... something I feel is more important than my work... I don't get online much at all. So, accessing DWT was usually limited to those few breaks at work rather than trying to find time at home.

Let's not assume that because one accesses a forum at work that they are not busy or are trivializing their work. To be very honest, that offends me.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 03-04-2009 at 08:22 AM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    As for the busy at work comments... I am a technical project manager for Wachovia's Internal Support areas. I am always busy and work my rear end off.

I used DWT as my occasional break after a rough meeting or three hour long issue I had to work through to resolution. It is BECAUSE I am always busy and work my rear off that I enjoyed DWT while at work. It was a momentary break from the insanity.

When I am home I am with my family... something I feel is more important than my work... I don't get online much at all. So, accessing DWT was usually limited to those few breaks at work rather than trying to find time at home.

Let's not assume that because one accesses a forum at work that they are not busy or are trivializing their work. To be very honest, that offends me.
    Jenn, I know MandaBella wasn't pointing you out specifically. There are/were several others that gave the appearance that was what they were doing.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Oh I'm sure of it. Just want to be careful where we go with comments like that. Honestly I believe Amanda's comment was benign. Thanks though Brian.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 03-04-2009 at 09:21 AM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Sorry if you interpreted my comments as directed. I guess I've been humored? angered? over the years by so many who spend time "at work" on this and every other site. Relaxing on personal time is completely different.
    (And I'm here now because it's my day off - AND the weather is horrible!!)

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree, Bama Jenn! Working 8-10 hours straight being busy all the time, one needs a break here and there to come on the site for 15 minutes and escape...I find it makes me more refreshed to take a break sometimes, then you can be more productive after. And I don't think going on the site for 15 mins here and there and at lunch makes me any less of a hard worker than those that don't go on.
    Last edited by eeyoregirl13; 03-04-2009 at 04:17 PM.
    Eeyoregirl13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12