Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss A tech question, but not about the forums in the Community Center forums; I really didn't know if this should go in the tech area on the forums or not. It doesn't pertain to the forums themselves, so that's why I wasn't sure. ...
    04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

A tech question, but not about the forums

I really didn't know if this should go in the tech area on the forums or not. It doesn't pertain to the forums themselves, so that's why I wasn't sure. Here's what I'm needing help figuring out. I was looking at the Pinnochio DVD page over on Disney. On it they have some games you can play to earn little bonus things, so I gave it a try. The problem is, on some of the games it requires you to use the arrow keys to move the characters. When I use the arrow keys the webpage starts scolling. The left and right keys don't do it, but when I hit the up or down arrows the page begins to scroll. I looked around to try and find a fix, but I only found the Scroll Lock button on my keyboard. Pressing it only lights up a little light and apparently does little else since the scroll problem continues. Does anyone know of a way to keep the screen from scrolling while using the arrow keys in a game control situation? I even tried holding down the left mouse button on the scroll bar to hold it there, but that just left me unable to move in the game. Sorry for the long post, but it's very irritating and I'm hoping somebody may know a trick.
    Thank you

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: A tech question, but not about the forums

Try clicking inside the portion of the window where the game takes place. This should cause keystrokes to be sent to the game instead of the web browser.

Tried that, I even clicked and held the left mouse button in the window. As soon as I hit the up and down arrows, screen starts scrolling. I don't know, it's really just more annoying than anything.

Joel&Bee is offline B-Ticket Holder

Lightbulb Re: A tech question, but not about the forums

1. Be sure to upgrade to the newest version of the Adobe Flash Player (Adobe - Adobe Flash Player).

2. Does it do that in all web browsers? If you are using Internet Explorer try Firefox (Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable).

Hope this helps.

Joel playing bass with The Tropicals in Animal Kingdom:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuf8R7zVt1M

i'll check my flash player, see if that's the problem. only other browser i have is firefox and it's been weird lately.