Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Need help from central Florida residents! in the Community Center forums; I have recently decided to purchase a vacation home in the central Florida area so that I can have a place to stay every time I go to Disney. I ...
    jaime_1234 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Virginia (but I wish I lived in Florida!!)

Need help from central Florida residents!

I have recently decided to purchase a vacation home in the central Florida area so that I can have a place to stay every time I go to Disney. I am now looking for furniture, and I need some input on which furniture store to go to. Here in Virginia (where I live) we have places that sell discount furniture and they offer deals like "No money down, no payments for a year, etc." I am on a tight budget for this vacation home (I'm a teacher!), and while I could buy the furniture here and drive it down, renting a UHaul is expensive, and I would rather just buy the furniture in Florida. So does anyone know of any discount furniture stores in the central Florida area that would offer a deal like the stores here in Virginia? It's so hard to shop when you're not familiar with an area and the stores there!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."
    ~Walt Disney
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
    ~Mark Twain

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Need help from central Florida residents!

We have "Rooms to Go" and they offer deals like that. You can check them out online to see if you like that style. There is also an "Ikea" store in Orlando. They have great prices on furniture. They are online too. Good luck with your new home!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You can also try a national store that has an outlet in your area and Orlando. It should be simple to select and make your purchases in Virginia, then pick up in Florida.

jaime_1234 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Virginia (but I wish I lived in Florida!!)

Thanks! I'll check those places out when I get down there. And good idea about buying here picking it up there - I hadn't thought about that!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."
    ~Walt Disney
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
    ~Mark Twain

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by jaime_1234 View Post
    Thanks! I'll check those places out when I get down there. And good idea about buying here picking it up there - I hadn't thought about that!
    While we were still living in MD, but had purchased our house here, I bought a washer and dryer that way. Purchased it at Lowes, and just had them deliver them from a local store.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I am a big fan of Ikea. We have purchased may things for when my son was in a dorm. This past year we purchased almost all of my sons furniture for his college apartment. They are wonderful for kitchen stuff.
    Glasses that are nice, 6 for $5.00, coffee mugs 6 for $4.00. Frying pan, sauce pans, dirt cheap. Same for bath towels, shower curtain, bath mats. While they are not Macy's, you can outfit a home in short order for very little. Bring your tools, their furniture all require assembly. Perfect directions, easy assembly. In 45 minutes we put 5 pieces of my sons together. We also had a high end floor to ceiling full wall entertainment center delivered, so you have that option too.

You can pick up a dining set for about $l50.00, out door sets $75.00.
    We purchased 2 of their famous chairs, one for each of our kids. I'd highly recommend these. They are contemporary but one of the most comfortable chairs I've ever sat in. Great back and neck support and the ottoman for it is a must. Perfect for a day after Disney. They come in a variety of wood finishes and you get to pick any color fabric you want on the spot or leather. When you want to replace the cushions you just go pick new ones around for around $30.00.

www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79840160

Note: Not a big fan of their couches but they have one sturdy, nice looking day bed, about $300.00.
    IKEA | Sofas & armchairs | Sofa beds | BEDDINGE MURBO | Sofa bed
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.