Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Relocating to U.S from U.K in the Community Center forums; Hey everyone, I would absolutely love to relocate to the U.S in the near future. Can anyone give me any information on how I can do this and how hard ...
    RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Relocating to U.S from U.K

Hey everyone, I would absolutely love to relocate to the U.S in the near future.

Can anyone give me any information on how I can do this and how hard it would be to do.

I have a lot of academic qualifications, along with various sports coaching qualifications and a uniformed service qualification.

Ruddy

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Re: Relocating to U.S from U.K

You may want to start at the American Embassy in London. They will give you the most current criteria and directions. The last I heard was that they want you to have a job waiting for you in the US. You'll need to contact the embassy and request information and an appointment.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Wow Ruddy that is so exciting! That has been a dream of yours for some time.

V is right. Unless you have something in mind, check out firms that have dual operations over there and here. If all else fails you can go two different ways. Come here on a visitors visa, you will not be able to work with out a green card but you could look for a future job. We do have a shortage right now though.

Now another option is coming here on a Professional Internship to WDW.
    They opened new housing, so the chances are a bit better to get housing for a PI. If you do that, are liked, you could extend or get hired by WDW.
    Disney knows how to wrangle the ability to work with a green card. Eventually you might be able to step into a security position with your background.

Well that is my dream for you. Best of Luck! Missed you, come around more often!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Welcome to the USA. WooHOOO!!!!!!

Good Luck on this quest. Remember, if you have to have a job waiting for you, don't be super picky, get your "foot in the door" with any job, then find the one you love. If proximity to WDW is your goal, or at least DL, try the 75 miles radius out from either Low Angeles for DL and Lake Buena Vista for WDW.

If just anywhere will do, try all the major cities that sound interesting to you, and yo will have better luck with major metropolitan areas, like Miami, Atlanta, Orlando, Dallas, DC, southern california/arizona/ south Texas and New Mexico would be harder for jobs due to the larger number of not necessarily documented workers there.

I am so excited that you are actually going to make this dream come true.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

aaron18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Born in london england and now live in orlando florida

Smile Re: Relocating to U.S from U.K

hey ruddy.
    im from london and i worked on the international programe at walt disney world it was the best year of my life mainly coz i met my future wife. if you want to go there and work for a year then go to yummyjob.com they are the uk agents. the professional internship is great however you have to be a US citizen and/or done the college program which means you have to be in college.
    the way im living in the US is im gettin married to the women i love in 2011 which in the end will make me a US citizen.

good luck

aaron

Sounds great fun, and congratulations on the marriage.

Been making some phone calls this week, and its pretty complicated but I cant really do much until I can get out of the house and make appointments to see people.

Can someone arrange for me to marry Ashley Tisdale please I would be very appreciative!

Ruddy

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by RuddyWDW View Post
    Sounds great fun, and congratulations on the marriage.

Been making some phone calls this week, and its pretty complicated but I cant really do much until I can get out of the house and make appointments to see people.

Can someone arrange for me to marry Ashley Tisdale please I would be very appreciative!
    Uh, no on Ashely Tisdale, she is really pretty though. Do as much as you can on the internet, then worry about getting out to interviews. Research is your friend and since you are stuck at home- do the research. Even our federal government has jobs for international people. Also, any banks which are British in origin need security, so conssider the entire job market.

Soon enough, you too will be speaking "American" . LOL
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

I've had a quick look on the net a few times but there were just too many sites and it got me very confused. I'm hoping my back will be O.K for next week so I can get down to this guy who is going to help me through it all. (or so he says )

Ruddy