Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Discussions Discuss Goodbye Fellow Triviateers in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by GrumpyDude in the end, i have no respect for "internet muscle" or "drama queens", it's a free world, want to go, then go. just my opinion. Well ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    in the end, i have no respect for "internet muscle" or "drama queens", it's a free world, want to go, then go.

just my opinion.
    Well put. And I hope your meet with the others, besides that guy, was an awesome experience. In mine, we had a guy fly over from Holland and totally weird out this asian LA gal in the group. Besides him, it was quite an experience!

I think after that meet is when things fell apart. People were offended for not getting a personal invitation to a public event... people didn't go cause others went, petty stuff.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    Well put. And I hope your meet with the others, besides that guy, was an awesome experience. In mine, we had a guy fly over from Holland and totally weird out this asian LA gal in the group. Besides him, it was quite an experience!

I think after that meet is when things fell apart. People were offended for not getting a personal invitation to a public event... people didn't go cause others went, petty stuff.
    with our one guy, his wife wa weirded out that a bunch of people from a videogame website would travel so far to, as she put it "hang out in a hotel room and drink like a bunch of degenerates". we were hanging out waiting for them to show up and spend 5 minutes with everyone.....only later to pass judgement. he said he couldn't believe he'd associate with such dorks and he was giving up the internet and gaming.

a year later, we all still talk, but the website is gone. none of us are on xbox live anymore. this guy......went to a website full of 15 year olds, which he used to relentlessly make fun of, still on the internet, still playing games.

other then the one guy, yes it was a great time, and more importantly beyond the gaming and the internet i still have great friends who i still keep in touch with.

matter of fact, one of the guys is from Tennessee. we're planning a get together to ride our bikes on the "Tail of the Dragon", a wicked roadway in northeat TN that has some major twists and turns, very technical riding for motorcyclists. another one, planning on getting engaged and married next year, so the wife and i will be traveling to Montreal for his wedding.

Tampa, definitely agree, if you can salvage something good out of a bad situation then it wasn't that bad.

i still hate keyboard bullies and online drama.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    with our one guy, his wife wa weirded out that a bunch of people from a videogame website would travel so far to, as she put it "hang out in a hotel room and drink like a bunch of degenerates".
    the crowd goes wild!

that's funny! I'm curious, what game? Our group was from Sony's station.com "The Dating Game"! BWAAAAHAHAHAHA! It was so fun (and so free) till they canned it! It was just as it says, a game, though I never met any, I heard of people really hookin' up because of it and going as far as marriage which is always mind blowing to me... couples hundreds/thousands of miles apart, never meant to meet and end up spending their lives together... awesome stuff and I'm rambling...

I never tried to use it for dating, just laughter but then again... gals like to laugh..

Right now dude, I'm ADDICTED to Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. I gotta try Call Of Duty someone let me borrow but you know how it goes.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    no, no dating, just a bunch of guys who spent way to much time on Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six 3, Moto GP, etc.

from the games, and chatting on the website while at work, over the course of 2 years plus we spent more time talking with each other then our families, significant others, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123