Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Goodbye Fellow Triviateers in the Community Center forums; I would just like to thank all the members that shared their insights and love of WDW and all things Disney with me. Special thanks go to Lou , of ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Goodbye Fellow Triviateers

I would just like to thank all the members that shared their insights and love of WDW and all things Disney with me.

Special thanks go to Lou , of course, for starting this great WDW site. I wish him all the success in the future. He is one lucky, and talented, young man.

I would also be remiss not to thank those other very special "regular" members that I have come to know on the boards and during chat these past 8 months. If I start to list names I know I will miss someone; so I will not try. I will really miss you all.

I know I have written some things that have/may have been taken the wrong way by some members. I truly apologize for that. Please know that I never intended to hurt anyone by my comments or suggestions, nor did I want any other members to quit the site because of me. If that is the case I only hope they come back ASAP.

No, there was not one thing, nor one person, that precipitated this decision; it was simply a culmination of things that have transpired over the course of the past few days and weeks. I will still access disneyworldtrivia.com, but will no longer post or chat as Jiminy Cricket. Perhaps in the future (when I stop feeling sorry for myself) I will reappear as another Disney character. Time will tell. I do look forward to someday meeting some of you at WDW.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 05-03-2005 at 07:47 PM.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    you'll be back, they always come back.

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    We will miss you .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    JC - I hope this is a late April Fools joke or something. I can't even put into words how much of a loss your leaving will be. You've provided so much valuable information and insight both in your posts and at chat. You've shared your opinions openly and honestly, and I thank you for that whether I agreed with them or not.

If the time truly has come for you to take a break from us for a while, I hope it makes things better for you, and that you return again soon.

This site should have a warning label: "Highly Addictive, causes deep personal attachments, strong feelings, and possible eyestrain and carpal tunnel syndrome from overuse." I haven't found another site like this anywhere that makes me frantic to think I'm going on vacation and won't have access for 4 days! That's a big credit to Lou and all the members here, including you.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    ??????????????????
    Thanks for the memories
    Last edited by jarmitc2032; 04-21-2005 at 08:59 PM.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    JC, please don't even think about leaving us so soon! We will really miss you!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I really hate to see you go JC. I've only spoken to you a few times and was looking forward to speaking to you again but I guess for now that chat has to wait. I know some were down the rode you will be back with us. So in the mean time take care of yourself and we will be here when you get back. May God Bless You and Keep you in is arms. TTFN Ta Ta For Now
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 04-22-2005 at 09:14 AM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Jimminy, You know we'll be glad to see you anytime!!!! I haven't been aware of any difficulties , I'm sorry to hear about that. don't be a stranger, as I said before we'll sure be glad to hear you pipe in!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I have read what has been said, and I just do not understand........................................ ...........................
    .................................................. .................................
    .................................................. .............

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    you can't leave.... i forbid it!

why? i don't understand!

I know i've only been here a few months, but i'll miss you!
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Perhaps I reacted too strongly to a private message I received on Thursday, the 21st that just hit me the wrong way.

My DW and I have been under a lot of stress recently due to the medical problems my DMIL (we are very close) is having. She is 82 years young. On Wednesday she had a modified radical mastectomy. However, the prognosis is good thank goodness. We had to have her at the hospital in Indianapolis (45 minute drive) at 6 AM local time. To say the least, we have not had a lot of sleep this week, but I am not using that as an excuse. At my age, 58, you don't sleep so well away anymore.

I wish I had never opened the private message, as I was livid after I read it. In retrospect, the writer had no idea what stress I was under and was completely right in what s/he wrote about some of my comments I have made recently on the boards. I replied to the message (which was also a mistake) and was expecting a reply to it that day; when none came I decided that perhaps it was time to go away, but now I just don't know what to do.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 04-24-2005 at 12:57 AM.

JC, I can completely understand where you are coming from. My family just recently lost my Grandfather after a 7 night stay in the ICU. We were all there with him day in and day out and the stress from all the emotional things as well as lack of sleep can really take it's toll on you. I as you are am very strong willed and have very strong opinions. I just try to remember that others may not always see things as I do and just as I am able to express my feelings and opinions....others have that very same right, whether it gels with my way of thinking or not. You are such a wonderful contributor to this site and I would personally really hate to see you leave over one IM. Maybe after things settle down with you DMIL's health you can decompress from the stress and get a little rest. I promise you that things will start to look better after that...it just takes time!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Jiminy so sorry about all you've been going thru, I understand completely- i lost my mom 11 years ago almost to the day and I spent a great deal of time in the ICU and CCU- and now I have to go thru the terrible task of finding a suitable facility for my 85 year old father who has been diagnosed with Parkinsons and the onset of Dementia- I am the only child that he has in town and the brunt of all the work has fallen upon my shoulders- so I understand how stressed you are
    my prayers are with you in this difficult time and please do not let the remarks of someone who has a lack of tact and respect undermine the fun and joy that you have given to all of us on this site
    We are a family here and when one of us is hurting - well, we all are,
    so a big please dont go from CB here
    and feel free to pm and vent anytime you want- it feels good to get it out

so hang in there and no leaving, OK?

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    JC - Please reconsider and do not leave us. My DH was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease over 10 years ago and has been through many surgeries,(he is only 36) I have almost lost him twice and spent many hours in hospitals.
    The stress of an ill family member is overwhelming and can cloud rational thinking. Take some time to rest if possible and refresh yourself. When someone depends on you so much they forget that you too need to step back and take a breath or you will break down yourself.

Take Care. I will miss you if that is what you ultimetly decide to do.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Good to see you're re-thinking this JC...just remember even if you do take some time off, we'll still be here and glad to see you when you feel the urge to post again

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast