Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Whatcha Doin' Today??? in the Community Center forums; So as a tool to get to know folks, and just simple voyueristic curiosity..... "Whatcha Doin' Today???" The job hunt continues. Thinking about yesterday's. The meeting was ok. They were ...
    marker is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Whatcha Doin' Today???

So as a tool to get to know folks, and just simple voyueristic curiosity..... "Whatcha Doin' Today???"

The job hunt continues. Thinking about yesterday's. The meeting was ok. They were more of a contract company than a recruiting agency, but they do recruiting too. While I'd rather find something full time, a contract deal is work, and is the direction a lot of places are going. He mentioned, to no surprise, that the KC market is flooded with IT/Software folks, thanks in no small part to my former employer, Sprint. He mentioned they do contract placements in Topeka, Witchita, and other regional locations. Not sure what I'd think of the world of being a contractor, but it would be work.

Today, job club at church at 9.
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)

Re: Whatcha Doin' Today???

Cleaning my 9 year old's room. Technically finishing up his closet and then hitting the storage bins under his bed. Wanna help?

BTW....good luck with the job hunt!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Going to Lowe's for the parts to the new mailbox, then getting a sub from Dominic's of NY and riding by the cemetery to check up on pops grave and flowers, then on to Walmart to pick up a few things.( I hate Walmart...lol) Then finishing up the mailbox and taking the old one up.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I am going to Indianapolis today at 1 for the Drum Corps International World Finals
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Sounds like everyone has a busy day ahead of them!!

I have been up all morning doing paper work and sending out emails to clients about extended Free Dining deals at Disney World!

I am also finishing up a spreadsheet on what people owe for a big party a group of us are throwing for our daughters who are Debutantes this year (It's a Southern thing!!)

Hopefully, I can get everything done in time to spend part of the afternoon with my little niece and nephew, who are visiting from Dallas, at the Life & Science Museum.

Woo! I'm tired already!!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I am at work and I am actually working. So, trying to work out a custom built and custom finished wheel far a very particular customer and they will cost about $1400 a wheel, plus the tires. Tricky, load range MUST be heavy duty and the tires have to be D or E class for laod. So, yep, all the fun.

In between I am reading the Bible online, I started Monday and between home and work I am in !st Samuel 8 already. But I read really fast.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I'm scrapbooking this morning (I'm on an Epcot page from my trip this March- yay Disney scrapbooking!) but in 10 minutes I have to walk to work.... 45 minutes through a thunderstorm eek! Then I get to spend 5 hours at the local university daycare taking care of 10 one and half to 2 and a half year olds Then I'll probably take my American Bulldog puppy for a loooooong walk (he NEEDS it)

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

Nannying with a four and seven year old. Right now we are relaxing and watching Return to Neverland. Later on I'm meeting up with my editor to talk about the second chapter of my book and a magazine article I have written.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I'm starting to pack for my move to FL!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

bety is offline Disney World Beast

I went to class this morning, then came home and spent a few hours studying. I accidentally took an hour nap, and I'm waiting for my boyfriend to get here so we can spend some time together tonight. I'm still feeling tired so after I work out and wash my hair, I'll probably go to sleep early.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Going to Costco, then to Stranges Greenhouse to buy some flowers for the mailbox. Eating dinner at my grandmothers house tonight. And watching some tv
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

bety is offline Disney World Beast

Today I had lunch with my mommy and then we went shopping. I bought a lot of stuff for a little money Then I worked out, researched the Rhesus Macaque genome, finished up my presentation for tomorrow, and studied for the MCAT. Busy day!!
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Stressing like WHOAH!

I'm in the middle of a move. Not a huge move... just a couple short miles (if that?) across town, out of my apartment and into a friend's house. Shouldn't really be a big deal, right?

WRONG! I'm learning the hard way that moving out of a place you rented for four years is not at all like moving out of the dorms I lived in at school. I could pack up and move out of the dorms in a couple of hours... a day at most. I gave myself about two weeks to get myself organized and out of this place, and thought that was plenty of time, only to find myself with less than a day left and still a boatload of things to do. Yikes! (And now I know better!)

I guess I didn't really factor in just how many trips back and forth across town it would take for one person working on his own, with a compact car, to move 4 years worth of ...umm, stuff. Even borrowing a friend's van for a few hours on a couple of days, while immensely helpful with the big stuff, just didn't seem big enough to get everything done as efficiently as I had seen it going in my head. I also didn't plan on my new roomie being out of town most of this week and unable to lend a hand, meaning absolutely everything was on me. I also didn't count on the fact that I would be working 7 days this week and unable to take even one of those days off to get anything done. Gah... STRESS!!!

On a much brighter note, however. I can't wait for August 2nd. I'm taking a whole bunch of friends (including both the new roomie and the friend who lent me the van) to Walt Disney World. We're celebrating a birthday primarily... (but secretly I'll be celebrating my move as well)!

;-)
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

marker is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: Whatcha Doin' Today???

Today (Thursday) was a busy day.

• 2 Job Club/Networking meetings
    • Lunch with a couple former co-workers (including my former supervisor)
    • contacted a recruiter I've spoken with before
    • submitted online applications to a couple of job postings I found online
    • swapped a couple e-mails with a kind travel agent seeking more career targeted information. I will make this happen, in addition to finding a job.
    • made supper for my wife, my daugher and I (grilled pork steaks, fresh corn on the cob & garden salad).

And now, when I should really be in bed, I'm sitting up watching the final 2 episodes of the first season of Carnivale, I got the DVDs for Christmas and just now getting around to watching. Now I'll probably have to go buy season 2, or wait for Christmas. I love this show. Watched it when it originally ran on HBO, and watching it again now I'm seeing so many more clues and details.
    Last edited by marker; 07-31-2009 at 12:47 AM.
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)

taking the puppy to the vet, power wash my grandmothers bench and stain it. and I think thats it
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast