Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss NEW Fastpass in the Community Center forums; Im going down in october and i remember hearing on the podcast about a central fastpass station if anyone has more information or has used it im alittle unclear about ...
    disneyfreak1284 is offline C-Ticket Holder

NEW Fastpass

Im going down in october and i remember hearing on the podcast about a central fastpass station if anyone has more information or has used it im alittle unclear about it if someone can help me thanks
    Andrew

"I'm doing this because I want to do it better"
    -Walt Disney-

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
    -Big Thunder Mountain Railroad-

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: NEW Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreak1284 View Post
    Im going down in october and i remember hearing on the podcast about a central fastpass station if anyone has more information or has used it im alittle unclear about it if someone can help me thanks
    I haven't tried it, but this is what I've read. The central FP station to which you refer is currently set up somewhere in AK on a trial basis. Some, not all, rides at AK are available at the central station. All the attractions currently available at the central station are also available at their original locations, just like always. So as far as I can tell, FP is exactly the same as it has always been, but you now also have the additional option, in AK only and for certain rides only, to get a FP from the central station instead of having to walk all the way to where the ride is.

I'm not sure where the central station is, or what rides are represented there, but I'm sure it's already been posted in the forums. You should be able to find it easily enough with a quick search.

I'll be at Disney on Monday. I don't know if we're going to AK or not (it's my wife's birthday, so she's calling the shots), but if I can find out any more I'll post here again.

disneyfreak1284 is offline C-Ticket Holder

thanks very much and yea if you could post back on your experience that would be great !!!

Have Fun in WDW
    Andrew

"I'm doing this because I want to do it better"
    -Walt Disney-

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
    -Big Thunder Mountain Railroad-

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post

I'm not sure where the central station is, or what rides are represented there, but I'm sure it's already been posted in the forums. You should be able to find it easily enough with a quick search.
    The centralized FP station is at Tough To Be A Bug and is for Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids, at least for now. Disney could change it at anytime since it is after all a test.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

The centralized station, in its current form, does not post current standby wait times or FP return times like the FP machines at the attraction. I think if this is added, then it will be a bit more guest friendly in deciding to use it. Overall, I think it is a good idea that is being tested.

bmcintyre is offline A-Ticket holder

Newdrama12 is correct as to what attractions and the location, which was recently changed. I originally thought it would be better to have it at the entrance, but then thought of all the people coming in the gates and how hard it would be to then get in line for the FP. I think Disney was wise in putting it in a different location. I think posting wait times would help people make decisions. Can you still only get 1 FP per person?

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

I like the idea however, I can see how it could get crowded, especially in that location.

I do however like the fact that you can get whichever ride you would like there, rathering then having to walk all the way to a certain attraction when you might just want the fast pass then have to head back to do something else while you wait.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan