Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Aerosmith Speculation??? in the Community Center forums; There are many rumors that Aerosmith may not renew their contact with disney on the Rockin Rollercaoster. Though im sure they will renew what will the ride become if they ...
    disneyfreak1284 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Aerosmith Speculation???

There are many rumors that Aerosmith may not renew their contact with disney on the Rockin Rollercaoster. Though im sure they will renew what will the ride become if they dont renew there name. I SUTTER @ THE POSIBILITY OF THE JONAS BROTHERS THEME

IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION OR THOUGHTS ON THIS LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!
    Andrew

"I'm doing this because I want to do it better"
    -Walt Disney-

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
    -Big Thunder Mountain Railroad-

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Aerosmith Speculation???

They could always make it Hannah Montanna themed! haha that would be the worst day in Disney History. I do think Aerosmith will renew their contract, but if they don't I'm sure Disney will think of a good replacement/

agreed lol i dont what i do if they made it hannah montana themed or jonas brothers lol.
    But i couldnt really be any of them cause it would really go with the theme of sunset blvd or the disney studios
    Andrew

-Walt Disney-

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

That would stink if Aerosmith dropped out from the ride! They are the perfect fit

I've also heard a rumor of the posibility of KISS being the new theme if Aerosmith decides not to renew
    Andrew

-Walt Disney-

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

I think that if Aerosmith drops out, Disney should totally retheme the attraction and move away from the music theme, possibly picking a movie theme, maybe Race To Witch Mountain or something action packed along those lines.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I hope Aerosmith will renew their contract. If it has to change, then I hope it will go to another classic band and avoid a "flavor of the month" band that might not have lasting appeal.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

It would make no sense for Disney to choose Hanna Montana or the Jonas brothers, the populations of people who are interested in riding coasters in contrast to those who love those musicians (if thats what you want to call them) are pretty different (though they do overlap some, so I don't want to see 500 posts of "BUT I LOVE THE JONAS BROTHERS AND I LIKE COASTERS!"). It would be silly for Disney to pick a flavor of the week, even if they created the monster themselves, because they need a band who had withstood the test of time and has a following in order for it to be popular with the masses.

...that said, Aerosmith needs to keep their contract, I'd be very disappointed if they didn't!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

This is terrible news! Unless of course the Rolling Stones took it over.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

I wonder if they're able to put Red Hot Chili Peppers on the coaster just like they did with the coaster at DCA. I could so see "Around the World" being played as you're on it. Then again, taking note of all the little changes they've done to DHS to turn it into "tween studios" I wouldn't be surprised if Jonas or HM are being featured there. You know what would be a real shocker? If they decided to bring back one of their own little mousekateers from the pop world and have her sing such hits as "Toxic" and "Oops, I did it again"

Quote Originally Posted by beja View Post
    This is terrible news! Unless of course the Rolling Stones took it over.
    Yeah the rolling stones could make a good fit. But how about this band: The beatles! Just think about. They are one of the biggest rock bands ever. I think the best rock band ever could fit nice with Rock N' Roller coaster. The only question is... What song would they use? And yeah I know they have the Beatle cover band in EPCOT, but that isn't a ride. I think it's a great fit.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by bater8slater View Post
    Yeah the rolling stones could make a good fit. But how about this band: The beatles! Just think about. They are one of the biggest rock bands ever. I think the best rock band ever could fit nice with Rock N' Roller coaster. The only question is... What song would they use? And yeah I know they have the Beatle cover band in EPCOT, but that isn't a ride. I think it's a great fit.
    maybe they could use "Revolution" or something like that.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Or maybe Helter Skelter. Something that's got that like rock rock feel. If you know what i mean.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

A few months back, after I heard the scuttlebutt that Steve Tyler was hospitalized, I did some reflection on the R&R coaster's legacy and what would become of it after Aerosmith, inevitably, is no more. Guess the powers that be have always figured they'd just cross that bridge when they came to it.

To throw in my two cents on the Hannah Montana thoughts, I heard something to the effect that she was not at all interested in making a sequel to her movie. Makes me wonder if being massively overexposed and then fading away into obscurity just runs in the family......
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

paulgraham is offline A-Ticket holder

I think The Beatles would be the only acceptable replacement, but fingers crossed they keep Aerosmith!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast