Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Harry potter in the Community Center forums; I am very happy that Disney is expanding fantasy land. Long over due. I am just interested in knowing how members feel Harry potter will effect Disneyworld? I am not ...
    garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

Harry potter

I am very happy that Disney is expanding fantasy land. Long over due. I am just interested in knowing how members feel Harry potter will effect Disneyworld? I am not a fan of potter, or universal. I heard a while back that Disney was in the process of obtaining potter. Does any body know the whole story?
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

Re: Harry potter

I don't think Disney is going to get HP away from Warner Brothers, though I didn't realize Disney was in the works of acquiring Marvel, either!

With the planned opening of Harry Potter land at Universal next spring I am sure there will be a lot of crowds flocking to see it. I think the only way Harry will affect WDW is in lower attendance as people go see what the HP land is all about. That probably won't last long at all, so in my humble opinion, I think Harry will have minimal effect on WDW.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

Unhappy Re: Harry potter

I agree with you. I also know that universal some how screws things up. But since it is new and the following it has, it will be popular. I just hope Disney can combat with the fantastyland expansion
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

I don't feel like it will effect Disney to a great extent. At most, in the very beginning, otherwise I think Disney won't take too big of a hit, Disney and Universal fans tend to be very different so I think that this will be the biggest point.

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...

I agree that there shouldn't be much of a hit. Possibly in the first few months that it's opened, but after that I think the novelty will wear off. I know the HP books and movies are very popular (I am a fan), but I just don't think that the park will have the long term staying power and draw that WDW has. WDW is constantly evolving and improving in order to keep drawing people back. I think the HP park will be built but won't be able to be updated much going forward to make it that different or worth repeat visits.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

It may actually help WDW by bringing in more guests to the Orlando area that will tour both parks.