Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss O/T but cool...Boeing 787 Dreamliner Test Flight Webcast in the Community Center forums; Try and check it out at Boeing 787 Dreamliner First Flight if you can. As I mentioned on my blog the webcast keeps crashing...ohh, the irony....
    johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

O/T but cool...Boeing 787 Dreamliner Test Flight Webcast

Try and check it out at Boeing 787 Dreamliner First Flight if you can. As I mentioned on my blog the webcast keeps crashing...ohh, the irony.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: O/T but cool...Boeing 787 Dreamliner Test Flight Webcast

I watched the take-off and landing of this craft. Awesome. I LOVE flying, and aside from teh military jets (my first love) giant commercial jets fascinate me. This was spectacular, it looked like it was going in slow motion because it is so huge. But the landing looked smooth.

**Wouldn't you hate to be the first pilot on the first test flight? What if........?**
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

as I watched the landing I realized they were ILS all the way down. that really surprised. later on they mentioned that they didn't plan on it but it seemed everything was going so well they did it anyways.

for that matter they were going to stay VFR the whole time but the weather was such that if I'm not mistaken they went IFR for safety but still tried to stay in the clear.

I know its all well tested on the ground and in simulators, but the ILS thing would have weirded me out for the first time. "Here's a new airplane, see if it will land by itself."

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by johnatthebar View Post
    as I watched the landing I realized they were ILS all the way down. that really surprised. later on they mentioned that they didn't plan on it but it seemed everything was going so well they did it anyways.

for that matter they were going to stay VFR the whole time but the weather was such that if I'm not mistaken they went IFR for safety but still tried to stay in the clear.

I know its all well tested on the ground and in simulators, but the ILS thing would have weirded me out for the first time. "Here's a new airplane, see if it will land by itself."
    My FIL is a part owner of a plane, he LOVES to fly. And he was telling me some of the technicals involved. Reports were they did stay IFR.

That whole 'New plane" thing would have been weird. But they should make every engineer on teh design team go up in it. Here, see how well you did.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.