Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss Hobbies! in the Community Center forums; My family has owned race horses for about 30 years, my mother rode in college, so it was natural for me to fall in love with horses. I started riding ...
    StormyBlues is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Hobbies!

My family has owned race horses for about 30 years, my mother rode in college, so it was natural for me to fall in love with horses. I started riding when I was 7. I got my first horse when I was 8, who I still have. She is just the horse I take and just ride for fun. I might take her to a couple jumper shows(where you are in an arena and jump over jumps that knock down, but are painted colorfully to try to make the horses spook and stop at the jumps, or jump strangly and knock the poles down so you get penelty points. The person with the least penalties and fastest time wins.) And then I have the brown horse that I am riding in all the pictures, which were all taken this year. I got him the July, and am riding him in eventing now very competativly. We have come in 2, 1, and 5th in the last 3 shows. Eventing is Dressage(you ride a test with like circles, changes of direction accross the diagonal, changes of gait, and it's judged on how nice your horse moves, uses their hind end to push themselves forward, and how nicly they carry their heads{the head should be perpendicular to the gound} and the score the judge gives you is your base score for the weekend). Then you do Cross Country(where you go out in big open feilds, through woods and jump logs, go through water, jump ditches, and go up and down banks, all at a very fast canter or at upper levels, the gallop. This is dangerous, because one false move can have you falling, or your horse falling over jumps. If you fall off you are eliminated from the competition. You get penalties added to your score if you- go over the time alloted, and if your horse refuses a jump.) Then you do the jumping mentioned above. The person with the lowest score at the end of the weekend wins!

And I am training a foal that will hopefully go to the race-track in Jan. of 2011.

And now that I have written a long winded responce to a short question, I will stop
    Why live on the edge when you can jump off? - Greenwood Horse Trials shirt
    I find it ironic that in Splash Mountian they sing "What comes up is sure to come down"

bumping this up!
    I find it ironic that in Splash Mountian they sing "What comes up is sure to come down"

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder

Well I'm a full time student going for Physical Therapy, I love to spend time with my family, eat absurd amounts of food, lift weights, play drums, I'm a technology nut, and I love editing video even though I'm not very good at it it's still fun.
    Disney World is not just a place, but an experience.

Back in the world for the 2013 Marathon Weekend!

WDW

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by StormyBlues View Post
    My family has owned race horses for about 30 years, my mother rode in college, so it was natural for me to fall in love with horses. I started riding when I was 7. I got my first horse when I was 8, who I still have. She is just the horse I take and just ride for fun. I might take her to a couple jumper shows(where you are in an arena and jump over jumps that knock down, but are painted colorfully to try to make the horses spook and stop at the jumps, or jump strangly and knock the poles down so you get penelty points. The person with the least penalties and fastest time wins.) And then I have the brown horse that I am riding in all the pictures, which were all taken this year. I got him the July, and am riding him in eventing now very competativly. We have come in 2, 1, and 5th in the last 3 shows. Eventing is Dressage(you ride a test with like circles, changes of direction accross the diagonal, changes of gait, and it's judged on how nice your horse moves, uses their hind end to push themselves forward, and how nicly they carry their heads{the head should be perpendicular to the gound} and the score the judge gives you is your base score for the weekend). Then you do Cross Country(where you go out in big open feilds, through woods and jump logs, go through water, jump ditches, and go up and down banks, all at a very fast canter or at upper levels, the gallop. This is dangerous, because one false move can have you falling, or your horse falling over jumps. If you fall off you are eliminated from the competition. You get penalties added to your score if you- go over the time alloted, and if your horse refuses a jump.) Then you do the jumping mentioned above. The person with the lowest score at the end of the weekend wins!

And I am training a foal that will hopefully go to the race-track in Jan. of 2011.

And now that I have written a long winded responce to a short question, I will stop
    That sounds awesome. you have an amazing hobby.

I like to make candy, and write. not much time for either.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Thanks you! I love what I do!

Making candy sounds like fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12