Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Which dark ride theme would you prefer?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Jungle/Lost Temple

10 30.30%
  • Ghost Ship/Pirates

12 36.36%
  • Classic Haunted House

6 18.18%
  • Zombies/Blood/Gore

2 6.06%
  • Other ( please post )

3 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss Dark Ride Poll in the Community Center forums; if you're going over special effects on a budget, don't forget to keep your dark ride 'dark' and use the darkness to hide all the little imperfections and tricks and ...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Re: Dark Ride Poll

if you're going over special effects on a budget, don't forget to keep your dark ride 'dark' and use the darkness to hide all the little imperfections and tricks and gimmicks used in the ride, it's all about the lighting

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    if you're going over special effects on a budget, don't forget to keep your dark ride 'dark' and use the darkness to hide all the little imperfections and tricks and gimmicks used in the ride, it's all about the lighting
    My jaw just dropped as I was reading this! As I was typing my previous post, I almost typed something about lighting too, because I have recently been re-reading two of my Imagineering books. "Imagineering Disney: A Behind The Scenes Look At Making The Magic Real" and "Designing Disney" by John Hench. Just before I was able to get my turn on the computer right now, I was reading a bit about lighting in John Hench's book. Good stuff, again! DEFINITELY all about the lighting in a "dark" ride too, Pyg!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    My jaw just dropped as I was reading this! As I was typing my previous post, I almost typed something about lighting too, because I have recently been re-reading two of my Imagineering books. "Imagineering Disney: A Behind The Scenes Look At Making The Magic Real" and "Designing Disney" by John Hench. Just before I was able to get my turn on the computer right now, I was reading a bit about lighting in John Hench's book. Good stuff, again! DEFINITELY all about the lighting in a "dark" ride too, Pyg!
    They have this stuff in books? I might have to check them out soon, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    They have this stuff in books? I might have to check them out soon, lol.
    I know! SHOCKING isn't it!
    Who'd a' thunk...!

I think maybe someday soon I should write a book about something I know alot about, too, and make ALOT of $$$!
    Now...
    Just have to figure out exactly WHAT that is...?

Ok Mr. Bill H. Tracy, if you're still out there, lets hear any updates of this new attraction please. Any luck on getting the interactive dark ride? Will there be singing pirate kareoke? Is there going to be a hidden Pygmy somewhere in the attraction? What's going on? We'd like to know, well, at least I do!

BillTracy is offline A-Ticket holder

We have made progress on our project. The blizzards we have gotten pushed us off schedule. The structure is almost finished. It should be done by the end of march. The track will start to be installed in mid-june. For the theme, We have decided on Jungle/Pirates. My nephew, brother, some friends and I will be doing all the prop and lighting construction. My nephew is a carpenter, and some friends are graphic designers. It will not be interactive when it is first opened, but may become it in the future. We really appreciate all of this help. If any of you get to visit the park and experince the attraction, pay attention to the titles of the ships in the battle scene and names on crates in the queue. Your usernames may appear! Thank you all. If there are any questions or concerns, contact me through the official website or through a private message( preferrably the PM). Happy Valentines Day!

Quote Originally Posted by BillTracy View Post
    We have made progress on our project. The blizzards we have gotten pushed us off schedule. The structure is almost finished. It should be done by the end of march. The track will start to be installed in mid-june. For the theme, We have decided on Jungle/Pirates. My nephew, brother, some friends and I will be doing all the prop and lighting construction. My nephew is a carpenter, and some friends are graphic designers. It will not be interactive when it is first opened, but may become it in the future. We really appreciate all of this help. If any of you get to visit the park and experince the attraction, pay attention to the titles of the ships in the battle scene and names on crates in the queue. Your usernames may appear! Thank you all. If there are any questions or concerns, contact me through the official website or through a private message( preferrably the PM). Happy Valentines Day!
    Looking forward to the SS Pygmy, may the best ship win, lol!

Thanks for the update, and I'll make sure to plan a trip to see this new addition

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BillTracy View Post
    Hope all goes well!!! Have fun!!!

Berdo is offline A-Ticket holder

Maryland is not far at all for me. I will have to check this out.
    Berdo

My Google+: http://is.gd/XTMLtF

I wonder if Mr. Tracy is still around. An update on this attraction would be nice

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

I am closing this year and a half old thread. The OP hasn't visited the site since 3/2010
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12