Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Planning DVD in the Community Center forums; So I'm sitting here watching the newest planning DVD, need my Disney fix. Was wondering...if you could improve the planning DVD Disney sends out, what would you do? Personally I ...
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Planning DVD

So I'm sitting here watching the newest planning DVD, need my Disney fix. Was wondering...if you could improve the planning DVD Disney sends out, what would you do? Personally I would make the resort portion a little longer. I don't think they give enough time to each one.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

RollTideMickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Planning DVD

I agree completely! I wish they had more on the resorts. If I had some things to add, it would definately be add a section for the amazing WDW resturants. People that may have never been to WDW might not know all of the great meals they offer. If I am not mistaken they do not show a section on there correct? I haven't seen the planning DVD in a while.

Brent is offline B-Ticket Holder

Also mention transportation methods to the parks from the different resorts.

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

I think the average park goer could use more information on the special events: marathon weekend, Star Wars, Flower and Garden, etc, instead of focusing the special events section almost entirely on Christmas.
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

BamaEd1 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMickey View Post
    I agree completely! I wish they had more on the resorts. If I had some things to add, it would definately be add a section for the amazing WDW resturants. People that may have never been to WDW might not know all of the great meals they offer. If I am not mistaken they do not show a section on there correct? I haven't seen the planning DVD in a while.
    I've got friends who went and almost quoted Lou when he said, "We got tired of burgers and fries all the time." I started mentioning places like Boma, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Yak and Yetti, Boma, 50's Prime Time, SciFi Dine In, Chrystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Boma, Mama Melrose, etc. He couldn't believe all that his family missed. I said those are just a few of my favorites; there are hundreds of great restaurants at WDW that don't serve burgers and fries.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by BamaEd1 View Post
    I've got friends who went and almost quoted Lou when he said, "We got tired of burgers and fries all the time." I started mentioning places like Boma, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Yak and Yetti, Boma, 50's Prime Time, SciFi Dine In, Chrystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Boma, Mama Melrose, etc. He couldn't believe all that his family missed. I said those are just a few of my favorites; there are hundreds of great restaurants at WDW that don't serve burgers and fries.

Nice to see some more south Alabama folks on, and active. My SIL is the same way though-burgers and hot dogs. Grief-how about ANY of the amazing restaurants on property-Like Chef Mickey's???

In Her defense she did try a few of them the last time they went.

Oh, WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

(I am a Hawaii Warrior, so DH is the Auburn guy)

I would explain Fast Pass a little better for first timers, emphasize the attraction and not just the rides and cover the various Restaurants better. So many dining choices, so little coverage.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

BamaEd1 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Nice to see some more south Alabama folks on, and active. My SIL is the same way though-burgers and hot dogs. Grief-how about ANY of the amazing restaurants on property-Like Chef Mickey's???

In Her defense she did try a few of them the last time they went.

Oh, WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

(I am a Hawaii Warrior, so DH is the Auburn guy)

I would explain Fast Pass a little better for first timers, emphasize the attraction and not just the rides and cover the various Restaurants better. So many dining choices, so little coverage.
    You started and finished so strong but the middle was WEAK.
    ROLL TIDE!!!! Great idea on the Fast Pass....when the system was new, they explained it a lot better than they do on the more recent videos.

RollTideMickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaEd1 View Post
    You started and finished so strong but the middle was WEAK.
    ROLL TIDE!!!! Great idea on the Fast Pass....when the system was new, they explained it a lot better than they do on the more recent videos.
    Agreed!!! ROLL TIDE! I am also glad to see some Alabama people on the forums...I attend the UofA and I am one of the UA cheerleaders also!