Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Missing all of you! in the Community Center forums; Hi all! Some of you may have noticed that I kind of dropped off the face of the earth since the end of april. That's because I wrapped up school ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Missing all of you!

Hi all!

Some of you may have noticed that I kind of dropped off the face of the earth since the end of april. That's because I wrapped up school on the 30th, went to WDW one last time on the 1st of May, and spent the 2nd packing the car and such. I left FL on the 3rd to go home, way up North in CT. I'm really enjoying being home and all, but there are two things I don't get here that I did in FL. First of all, no more day trips to Mickey's House. Secondly... no more decent internet. Yep, it's back to dial-up AOL for me...(ewwwww), hence why I'm almost never on, except maybe to check my e-mail now and again. I really miss hanging out with all you guys and gals on DWT.

I am however keeping pretty busy with the whole theme park thing, as are a handful of us this summer it appears. I'm back again, working at "America's oldest amusement park", Lake Compounce, for my 3rd consecutive summer. This time, however, I'm on the park's seasonal management team, leading the same pizza stand that I spent the last two summers working at. I've just completed the first two days of this new job, and so far I'm really liking it. I'm wearing a different shirt, getting paid a little more, but with the exception of a bit more responsibility and a few more tasks, it's pretty much the same job all over again. I'm just teaching the new folks how to do it safely and efficiently. The only real downside is the long days. In the first two days of work, I clocked 21.25 hours... and that's after they deducted my lunch breaks. Wowsers! All that on my feet! Talk about wanting to sit down! But I really enjoy what I do, and it makes me feel really good to see some of the expressions I can put on the guests faces, especially the kids.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that some of my other teammembers are also Disney fans. In fact, my boss is a former WDW CM! How cool! On Sunday afternoon, while business was really slow (we had some yucky weather, combined with the fact that it was only our second day open... made for a very slow day), myself and one of my fellow management teammembers started up a bit of a game, challenging another of our teammembers to name a Disney movie that we could not sing at least part of a song from. We ended up singing a little bit of anything from Mary Poppins to Robin Hood, with stops along the way at Pocohontas, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Alladin, The Lion King... and probably a handful more I'm not remembering at this time. It was a blast, and a great reminder to me that even though I may be a Teammember at LC, it doesn't mean that I cant someday be a Cast Member at WDW! As much as I love this little park, and no matter how many hours and years I can possibly put in here, it will never change the fact that my heart belongs to Uncle Walt.

It's good to finally get a chance to write a little something to all you guys. I miss hanging out! I'm counting down the days til August so I can move back down to FL, get back to using my season pass, and become active on the boards again. Until then, I'll just be checking in from time to time to see how you all are doing. Have a great summer everyone, and if you happen to be in or around the CT area, make it a point to come through Bristol and spend a day at Lake Compounce! I'm always looking forward to visits!

See you real soon!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Yay Bristol!

I was actually down at the Lake last week for a meeting in the ballroom - got my first look at the park, and now I need to get my season pass. After all, it's practically walking distance from work.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Hey fellow CTers...sounds like Don needs some visitors!

Do I hear a mini meet in the works?

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Good to hear you are well and among the living. Hope you can get a DSL line in CT and get active again--at least for chat.

There are a lot of promotions now for DSL, as the phone companies are fighting the cable folks for Internet customers.

Have fun and work hard this summer at your job; you never know you, might become the next Tom Monaghan (founder of Domino's Pizza).
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Hey fellow CTers...sounds like Don needs some visitors!

Do I hear a mini meet in the works?
    A Monday would be best for me. Maybe July 18th or 25th?
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Good to see you around - though I've been pretty much MIA lately too because of school.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    A Monday would be best for me. Maybe July 18th or 25th?

I can do July 18th or 25th, however I have class in the morning so the earliest I can get to the park is 2:00.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    The 25th is probably better than the 18th for me.. But Mondays are good.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Then let us make it July 25th
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

July 25th in the afternoon...sounds like a winner!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Oh this is neat! A meet to come visit my park! How cool! Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    We miss you too Don. It sounds like you have a busy, fun filled summer planned and that should make it pass quickly. Before you know it you will be headed back to school and WDW.

A meet to visit Don's park? You guys are great! I wish I lived closer.

The wonderful people here at DWT never cease to amaze me. We are really lucky to have such a great group of people here.

This is why I am so proud to be a part of this site.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Meet? Did someone say meet????

(Lou checking schedule)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Looks like the meet is set for Monday July 25th at 2:00pm. Is that good for everyone? Don, are you working that day, or will you be able to hang around the park with us?

Oh, and I'll bring Lou's book for some fun photos!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Sounds like a great idea and I'm gonna try to get there but can't say yes right now. Geez, I haven't been to Lake Compounce in years and I sure would love meetin' more DWT'ers.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast