Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss Chat Times or topic chats? in the Community Center forums; If I had my druthers, I would limit chat to Disney related items only. IHMO, the chat has gotten out of control because there does not seem to be any ...
    Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    If I had my druthers, I would limit chat to Disney related items only. IHMO, the chat has gotten out of control because there does not seem to be any rules per se and/or intervention. I am looking for guidance about this issue and will abide by any rules and/or regulations established by the moderators of the chat.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Quote Originally Posted by Geppetto
    If I had my druthers, I would limit chat to Disney related items only. IHMO, the chat has gotten out of control because there does not seem to be any rules per se and/or intervention. I am looking for guidance about this issue and will abide by any rules and/or regulations established by the moderators of the chat.
    It seems to me that you and others like to start trouble as this sounds vaguely similar to a complaint by Triviateer about the site in general. While your comments are welcome, they can and have deeply hurt ones feelings.

Most of us chatters have become friends and like to discuss our lives outside Disney related things. Why? To strengthen our relationships and in return helps this site grow stronger.

Brian
    Moderator General Discussions
    DisneyWorldTrivia.com
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 05-23-2005 at 11:49 AM.

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    While I am new and have not been in the chat except for one breif moment I hope to take part one day. I would like to see if a bar could be added to the bottom of the forums page to show if there is anyone in there without going in and out. I would also like I have mentioned before to get a daytime chat started up.

Thank you all for being so freindly here! I love it and am find out so much from all you have written!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I agree with Brian on how the chats can make friends. While I don't plan on a "meet" with anyone, I would feel better about meeting someone that has "talked" to me. I know, safety is always an issue, but we are people that have lives outside of DW. While that is the link that holds us together, it is nice to see what families, singles, and those working at DW contribute to the whole mix. It has helped me see where people get all of their trivia also. I do like the idea of a night for only trivia, etc.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    It seems to me that you and others like to start trouble as this sounds vaguely similar to a complaint by Triviateer about the site in general. While your comments are welcome, they can and have deeply hurt ones feelings.

Most of us chatters have become friends and like to discuss our lives outside Disney related things. Why? To strengthen our relationships and in return helps this site grow stronger.

Brian
    Moderator General Discussions
    DisneyWorldTrivia.com

Well said, Brian. Geppetto, you have been in 5 or 6 chats - as you said yourself last week. They have not "gotten out of control" or changed much at all in that time. Unless you are not who you are presenting yourself to be, you do not have much basis to judge the current vs. past chats on.

As for the private rooms, they can be set up as open or invitation-only. If you wish to have a conversation with a few people, such as to set up a meet or discuss a specific topic, they can be very useful. Sometimes the main room just isn't talking about something that is of interest to everyone, or you don't want to interrupt a current discussion. It would be better if the side chat room name reflected what its purpose was, rather than the "Kewl Kids" or the like.

If there was a way to be in more than one room at once, I don't think there would be an issue. Can that be done?

This is not the site for "PG-13" or "R" discussions, and I don't think the chat system should be used for that purpose because there is the chance that a younger person or a sensitive person could be inadvertently exposed to inappropriate material.

It would be nice to have more of the guest chats, and/or a trivia question night. Doing the trivia in the main room is fun, but it's a lot of work for the person asking the questions, and it gets confusing when there are conversations going on at the same time.

Some of the chat 'regulars' have been coming every week for many months. We know each other by first names, have our inside jokes, and have become friends. And I have consistently been impressed by how welcoming they are to new chatters, helping them get up to speed and become part of the 'family'. Forcing the topics to stick to strictly Disney or trivia would take away a vital part of the community.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I haven't been into the chat rooms except very briefly to see what they were like and apparently I picked a bad time cuase I was the only one there...lol (it was soooo lonely) The suggesstion of a button to check out who is there without acually going in is a good idea...I have dial up and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO slow to get back to the forums.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Back to the original question I would like teh day time chats.. I'm not on line as much at night... TOO many good tv shows!!!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I will set up some times for Daytime chats as soon as I can...this morning I had emergency oral surgery so it may be a day or two....I also agree that seperate chat rooms need to be appropriately named to indicate the topic....

G- I too would be sad if we lost the friendship aspect of the chat, but I assume you could suggest a Disney only related chat for another time......
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12