Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Chat Times or topic chats? in the Community Center forums; Is anyone interested in us having a daytime chat? Or doing topic specific chats?...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

Chat Times or topic chats?

Is anyone interested in us having a daytime chat? Or doing topic specific chats?
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Bonny-
    So far a daytime chat hasn't really caught on here for some odd reason. But, we've had success of chats on other nights at 9PM. Sunday and Monday nights come to mind. If you want, feel free to suggest a topic for a night (or day) and see how many takers you get.

Lou has scheduled a few guest chats in the past...Cara and Steve come to mind. Not sure if he has any more of these in the works.

We used to have rounds of trivia Qs in chats on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but that has fallen to the wayside to general chat. Would people be interested in bringing them back?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I would love to see the trivia come back and the segregated HS type chat rooms go away.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    What do you mean segregated? I'm confused (so what else is new?). Am I supposed to be in the short person room? What is HS? (I'm also computer illiterate.)

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Maybe I'm supposed to be in the short, computer illiterate person room.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Maybe I'm supposed to be in the short, computer illiterate person room.
    "That won't do, what's the matter with you?"
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Is anyone interested in us having a daytime chat? Or doing topic specific chats?
    funny you ask, i host my own daytime chats, along with specific topics!

be there for tomorrow's discussion on poodle shaving and unicorns!

Tampa is offline No longer in service

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I can say--chat has been crazy lately. I do not like the separate chat room thing. I really have enjoyed this chat--but lately it is nuts!!! Someone gets a wild hair and tries to "LURE" everyone to there chat--I thought that something different was going on and there is not--I enjoy chatting with EVERONE at DWT not a few selected individuals.

To the other chatters--please do not invite me to your own personal chat--I do not want to be apart of it. I think that it would be a great idea to have chats on different days.

Example--

Mondays--general chat
    Tuesdays -- Trivia
    Wednesdays--Trip planning/Returning Trip reports--
    Thursdays-- Trivia/general

Something to that effect.

I was late to pop in chat last night--I had a busy day yesterday, and I was upset not to see some of the regulars there. Then being invited to one area for the High School BS!! People's that is not acceptible!!

Lou-- can we get a schedule for the chats?? I think that this would be an improvement on the board and have Moderators that attend the chats every nite??? This is only a suggestion . . . . . .what do you think. . . . .or what are your thoughts??

Anyone --please state how you feel--I think that we need to show that there is a concern here. . . .

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    i can see why people start chatting on the sideline - the chatting gets so out of control that no one can get a word in- that's one of the reasons I havent joined in for a while- i dont mind the private messages - at least i get to talk to my frinds and I can get a word in-not everyone can follow the schedule that you suggest- we work late or on certain evenings or we have fav shows on - CSI on thurs for me

The site has gotten large and you have expect this with a lot of people getting involved with the chats

I personally cannot do chats during the day cuz I'm at work and not always at a PC- this is a really rare day when I have some time for this

I think this site has come a long way and Lou has done a great job! We all come here to have some fun and talk to other who enjoy what we all have in common

If you dont want to go to a private chat, then dont- turn down the invite- some of us have been chatting with each other in all sorts of ways for well over a year now and we enjoy it. Our chatting ability has improved greatly - much better than when we first started. We start chatting privately usually because the conversation has gotten off of what we want to talk about - so setting up a schedule just doesnt seem fair - chatting is just that - talking and sometimes it does get random and it doesnt follow any set pattern. But regulating it would just turn me off- I have enough rules and regulations to deal with on a daily basis - there's no need for it wheh I'm trying to relax and have some fun

the chat is available all day long - you can pm someone and chat anytime you want to
    we all do that - the scheduled times get very large and our European friends cant join us because of the time difference

just my 2 cents

( getting off the soapbox and putting it back where it belongs.......)

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Im all for daytime disney chats have been looking for that for a long time

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I don't mind people going into private rooms if they want to chat about something the main room isn't up for, but calling the rooms "Kewl Kids" etc is rude and childish. It also can be hurtful people. If you want to make a room for Adult talk, then call the room PG-13 or something, or if you want to do trivia and the main room isn't up for it call it Trivia or something, that way people will know what the room is about and can decide if they want to join or not. Seperate rooms can be visited by everyone, an invite is not needed, but people won't go if they don't know what it is about.

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    maybe separate chat rooms??

example--

rated "R" room
    Trivia room
    Trips/planning/trip reports

Since we all have a schedule and different things like that--how would that work??

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I agree April and I understand that some people will get their feelings hurt - I want to avoid that but I dont want the spontaneity of the chat to go away- private trivia rooms would be great- But you have to agree that the chat gets so wild - that its outta control

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    To be honest I've been active in this site for a while but frankly haven't joined the "chats" cuz I am not sure how it works (nobody's fault but mine, and I am just afraid to hear about how I am doing it wrong)

Chatting at night is difficult for me-with three kids, baths, different bedtimes, and getting to see my husband for a few minutes, chats are tough for me to plan. But I'll try to drop in at some point.

But I'd be open to some day chats (if I can schedule them-I work from home on my computer, but this summer, with the kids out of school, that might be tough!)

I'd also try some regulated days or topics. I just think if it is the same few people who know eachother well having a seperate "chat room", I certainly would not be apt to join in, just wouldn't feel welcome, I guess. (again, probably just my introverted insecurity, but still....)

Anyway all, keep me posted on the chat plans.....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast