Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Shamu Coming to WDW - September 2010 in the Community Center forums; OK! Not THE Shamu, but this over-weight father of two is desperate to lose those 20 pounds Iíve been trying to lose for years so that I donít scare away ...
    SoPoSox is offline A-Ticket holder

Shamu Coming to WDW - September 2010

OK! Not THE Shamu, but this over-weight father of two is desperate to lose those 20 pounds Iíve been trying to lose for years so that I donít scare away small children from the Polyís Pool.
    I recognize that this Forum may not be the most appropriate forum for this Ė but Iíve tried going it alone and it isnít working! I leave for WDW in 12 weeks. I am planning on weighing myself each Tuesday and posting my progress to this thread.

I am hoping that the nice citizens of WDWRadio-land will check in to keep me honest and motivated. It being a Tuesday, I weighed myself this morning. Without giving away too much information, I hope to lose 17.6 pounds (getting me to a nice round number).

Please check back each Tuesday to see how it goes. Do it for all the children staying at the Polynesian this September!

And, yes, I fully expect to put some (most? all?) of it back on during our stay. Kitchen Sink Ė here I come!

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Shamu Coming to WDW - September 2010

Good for you!
    I hope all goes well.
    Our family went to the Poly last September.
    We had a blast!
    Are you on free dining?
    Better lose those pounds!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'm rooting for you! I've never had a serious weight problem but as I got into my late 30s I started to get heavier. After trying lots of different exercises (I hate running, gyms, treadmills, etc.) I found cycling is my thing and I lost the extra weight that I gained. The best part is I really enjoy exercising now so it's not a struggle to do it. I even go on bike rides with my kids. I actually look forward to riding my bike. Maybe if you found your "thing" you'd have a similar result. Good luck.

Kaleigh is offline A-Ticket holder

I am right there with you, Shamu. If you think you will frighten the children, wait til they get ahold of Ursula, the sea witch, aka, me in my swimsuit. Actually, I am still just carrying around about 30 lbs of baby weight from having my daughter last year. I have been very uninspired and unmotivated to lose it because I had just lost about that much prior to having her through weight watchers. And it was hard. Real hard. I don't relish going through all that again, but I don't want to be this big or bigger, so I started exercising and eating better yesterday. I would love my pictures in Sept to be ones that I don't mind looking at. It is the first time we are taking our daughter and I am thinking about prepaying the Photopass cd so we'll have lots of family pics. We, too are staying at the Poly, then splitting it with the Beach Club.
    So, long story short, you have someone else rooting for you.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

The real trick is to find something that you really like (besides food) that doesn't become a punishment. When we moved to FL, we built a pool in our backyard. I love my daily swim. Now I just need to get back into a better eating pattern. Good luck to you!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I lost 20 pounds before my last trip (this past March). That Christmas season just put me over the top! I found that my main problem was portion control. I eat pretty healthy, but I was eating way too MUCH of everything, so when I would make dinner I would be careful with the amount I ate, and make extras which I would portion out into little tupperware containers and freeze. They would make quick lunches and since I was heating up that bit at a time I couldn't overeat.

Anyways good luck! You can do it! There's nothing like looking great before a vacation, and then gaining it back with kitchen sinks! mmmmm mmm

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Awesome motivation! Good luck!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

good luck and i'll join in with you.. im going in october.. the sad thing is.. i won a membership to the way like 3 weeks ago while i was on medical leave.. im off medical leave and our new 2nd salon opened in a gym and they gave us a membership..lol but a week ago i twisted my ankle steping off the porch and its still swollen and sore.. but i so wanna try losing some weight before i head of to the world in my big fancy dress for MNSSHP.. after all when we have dinner at the royal table i will be having my picture taken witn cindy.. and i cant have her up staging me...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Okay - One week down, 11 to go!

Thanks for all the well wishes and suggestions. I have been biking and running and this week, I really tried to watch what I ate (which was not easy given the holiday weekend! )

I biked a total of 55.5 miles and ran about 6 (I need to strike a better balance with more running).

And the result of my efforts? A 2.4 pound loss!!! Feeling really good about this right now and trying to stay positive and moving in the right direction!

Now, off to tackle Week 2!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Down to nearly 190. It's awesome, but disheartening because my current pants are a bit too big but the next size down is still a bit too small. Still, progress IS progress.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

well i went to the doc on the 28th and i was 205 and i havent weighted that since i had my daughther and she will be 5 in a month.. im still healing a sprang ankle, and my mother just left yesterday so im back to my reg day to day life so i can do something now..

first and foremost i need to back my calorie intake down.. and since my ankle is still a lil weak im going to talk to the trainers at the gym about if i should start walking on a treadmill or something.. i sprang my ankle on fathers day..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Way to go!!! That's so great that you managed to lose weight this week even with all the holiday stuff going on.

I'm rootin' for you! I know what it feels like to be carrying around extra weight. I have so much extra on me that there's 2 of me in here. I'm thinking I need to start really paying attention to it as well (duh! should have started ages ago).

This forum has everything else -- anyone know if it has weight loss threads? I don't want to usurp SoPoSox's thread but maybe some accountability would do me some good.
    Hypermommy

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by SoPoSox View Post
    Okay - One week down, 11 to go!

Thanks for all the well wishes and suggestions. I have been biking and running and this week, I really tried to watch what I ate (which was not easy given the holiday weekend! )

I biked a total of 55.5 miles and ran about 6 (I need to strike a better balance with more running).

And the result of my efforts? A 2.4 pound loss!!! Feeling really good about this right now and trying to stay positive and moving in the right direction!

Now, off to tackle Week 2!

Wow! You are doing fabulous!!!
    I do not think I could run 6 miles right now!
    Way to go!

I couldn't find any other weight loss threads so I just stuck it here in "General Discussions."

Please usurp away! I have found in my one short week that the WDW Radio community is a great motivator. When offered desert over the 4th of July, I thought "How is it going to feel if I have to post that I lost no weight or even gained a pound or two" before passing on desert all together. I had the same thought when I rolled over in bed and almost skipped a planned bike ride.

Everyone should feel free to use the thread, tell us about your journey and use it as motivation - the more the merrier!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

I'll go ahead and throw my 2 cents in then...with more "cents" to come later, maybe...!
    I've known people who were thin and in shape that ran and they were ALWAYS havin' problems with injuries. Then came arthritis and all kinds of joint problems down the pike. I can't even imagine runnin' when you're overweight. Most runnin' actually amounts to ploddingly pounding your joints to heck in a slow jog anyway. Stick with the biking and other low impact (unless, of course, you wipeout...! ) exercise. An injury will DEFINITELY put your whole rigimen out of whack, and your joints will thank you with many years of non-scooter Park fun for years to come...!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast