Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Concert for Wishes in the Community Center forums; Hello, My name is Matthew, and I am a high school student from San Diego. I am new to posting, but a long time reader and listener of wdwradio. As ...
    rogerrabbitmatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Concert for Wishes

Hello,
    My name is Matthew, and I am a high school student from San Diego. I am new to posting, but a long time reader and listener of wdwradio. As well as being a huge Disney fan, I am also a big music fan. With some friends and family, I decided to combine those interests and create a benefit concert called “Concert for Wishes.” All of the net proceeds of the event will go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of San Diego to send a child with a life-threatening illness and his or her family on a Disney vacation. The concert will be held at 7:00pm on August 14th at the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) in La Jolla, San Diego. The JCC is located at 4126 Executive Drive, La Jolla, CA, 92037. Tickets are now available at the JCC online box office. Performers at the concert will include Parker Ainsworth, the Nate Jarrell Quartet, Todd Lineback, Jessie Payo, Regime (my own band), and Chris Sexton, and the event will be emceed by one of our local television celebrities, San Diego 6’s own Marc Bailey. While I am aware that many readers of this forum don’t live in San Diego, or even Southern California, I realize that some of the biggest supporters of our cause would be the Disney fans; the people who know the feeling of entering a Disney park, and wanting to share that feeling with someone less fortunate. I know that everyone can’t actually come to the event, but if you like to contribute, you can go to the San Diego Make-A-Wish website and find “Concert for Wishes” under the calendar section of the site to donate.

Thank you for your time and helping make dreams come true, and I hope to see you all at the event,
    Matthew
    Last edited by rogerrabbitmatt; 07-07-2010 at 10:52 PM.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Concert for Wishes

Welcome to the boards and best of luck with your event!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

rogerrabbitmatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Concert for Wishes

Thank you so much for the support and the welcome!