Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Interviews with Lou! in the Community Center forums; Villans in Fantasyland? Lions, Tigers, and Bears..oh My! Expedition Everest does sound exciting. Might actually get me to AK once in a while!...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Villans in Fantasyland? Lions, Tigers, and Bears..oh My!

Expedition Everest does sound exciting. Might actually get me to AK once in a while!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    The wait times alone at first will instantly make DAK a full-day park!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I would agree. I think for the "Thrill" seekers, hitting EE, Dinosaur, Kali RR and maybe Kilamangaro Safaris ALONE might fill up a day, depending on the year!

OK Lou, if you had to pick one ride at WDW to be opened in a new park in a different country that is not familiar with Disney (let's say, for arguments sake, Iraq), what ride would you say best represents the spirit of WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    OK Lou, if you had to pick one ride at WDW to be opened in a new park in a different country that is not familiar with Disney (let's say, for arguments sake, Iraq), what ride would you say best represents the spirit of WDW?
    Disney in Iraq?!?! Can you even imagine!?!?

No, I can't imagine, but I am curious to read Lou's answer!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    VERY interesting question...

Well, there are some attractions which just embody Disney, such as Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, its'a small world, Space Mountain, etc.

But to really give an unfamiliar culture a true taste of Disney, I would have to say send them Philharmagic. Why?

The technology is far superior to any other like it. You have the Disney characters, both classic and new, as well as timesless Disney music. The effects, both visual, auditory and sensory are outstanding. Even the theater itself is beautiful. It will give adults and children alike a true sense of the "magic" of Disney and WDW.
    Lou Mongello

Interesting question? Yup, that is what they pay me the big bucks to do

Good answer BTW.

Thanks, Dissy... Keep 'em coming!!
    Lou Mongello

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Lou - are you a hip hop kinda guy? Or do you get swinging with the country folk? Or are you a head banger?!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

"I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock n' roll.... "

"I love rock n' roll... put another dime in the jukebox, baby..."

"She bop... she bop a we bop.. I bop, you bop a they bop..."

"Hip hop hooraaaaay... hooooooo"

"MY. A. DIDAS! Walk through concert doors and roam all over colisseum floors..."

(I actually used to DJ in another life, so I was into a whole lotta different stuff... lots of dance, old school house music, etc.)... Now, I'm listening to the Wiggles and Doodlebops, so you can see how my life has changed.
    Lou Mongello

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Now, I'm listening to the Wiggles and Doodlebops, so you can see how my life has changed.
    I can TOTALLY relate Lou!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I actually used to DJ in another life
    DJ, Company Executive, Lawyer, Author, Podcaster, Webmaster..... Lou, is there anything you haven't done that you want to do??
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    DJ, Company Executive, Lawyer, Author, Podcaster, Webmaster..... Lou, is there anything you haven't done that you want to do??
    Yes, actually... I like to personally challenge myself all the time, so I'm always looking for a new project, adventure or endeavor. I'm never really satisfied with things just being stagnant, so that's why I'm kind of all over the place. I have a few things that I'm working on (yes, some Disney-related) that I have going for the near future, while others are just in the "blue sky" phase. As far as long term goes, I would really love to one day work for the Disney Company in some capacity, as I missed the opportunity to do the College Program. Maybe I'll retire one day and give tours for Disney, or just drive Amazon Annie all day long.

Of course, new ideas come up all the time, so we'll see what the future brings....
    Lou Mongello

Of course, new ideas come up all the time, so we'll see what the future brings....
    Waiting on pins and needles!

You may not have to wait very much longer....

Lou Mongello

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast