Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Interviews with Lou! in the Community Center forums; Ever wanted to ask Lou a question but it slipped your mind? Ever wondered what he's thinking? Ever picture yourself as a weatherman? Well this'll be the place my friend! ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Interviews with Lou!

Ever wanted to ask Lou a question but it slipped your mind? Ever wondered what he's thinking? Ever picture yourself as a weatherman? Well this'll be the place my friend!

This'll be a good place to get some great questions out there and as long as the amount of questions are reasonable, I'm sure he won't mind. Lets start with 101.

1. How ya doin Lou?

2. How do you feel about your' site?

3. When did the website idea kickoff, during the production of your' great book?

4. I assumed you've enjoyed forums in other places?

5. Your site is growing nicely with such great people, where do you see it in five years?

Last edited by Tampa; 05-22-2005 at 11:20 PM. Reason: is had to be changed to are

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Lou, boxer, brief or commando?

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    Hey Lou, do you think that you will ever decide to move down to Florida?
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    just trying to open the forums up a lil'... jeez...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Sorry for the delay in replying - things have been quite hectic at work as of late, plus I'm doing 59 gabillion things at once, but here goes (and sorry for the short replies - I'm at work and swamped)

1. How ya doin Lou?

How YOU doin'???!! Great, actually! Things are good in Loutopia - I am blessed with an incredible family and beautiful baby, a great (stressfull) job, my book, this site, buying and selling my house. I'm a very lucky man, and I know it.

2. How do you feel about your' site?

I love it! It is a labor of love, and although it has become much more work (and costly) than I ever expected, I enjoy creatin the content, trying to improve it every day, and am fortunate and proud to have such an incredible gourp of members in the forums. You all make everything worthwhile!

3. When did the website idea kickoff, during the production of your' great book?

First, thanks for calling it great! The site actually was just supposed to be a little site to help promote the book. Then I dedided to sell it on my own here as well. Then I wanted to add some trivia and content, and it started to grow exponentially from there. Next thing you know, I was creating the forums and photo gallery, and now, here we are! As the site continues to expand beyond trivia, I've now added articles, news, vacation planning, shopping (pins, posters, DVDs, etc.) on the site, etc. I want this to be a place people can not only call home, but viist multiple times daily to get their Disney "fix"

4. I assumed you've enjoyed forums in other places?

Yes. I was actually pretty new to the whole forum thing when I started with the book and site stuff (Lou remembering his BBS, then Compuserve... realizing how old he really is)... But as I frequented other Disney sites, I found that tere were things I felt I could improve, and wanted newbies like myself not to feel uncomfortable (as i was made to feel sometimes). I actually made a very good friend (MickeyBabe) on one of the other forums, and she was instrumental in helping me not only get through working on the book, but helping with the site as well. I continue to endeavor to make DWT unlike some of the other forums (not that I am criticizing them), in that I want it to always remain a fun, friendly place where anyone who wants to join can really feel like they are a part of the DWT.com family.

5. Your site is growing nicely with such great people, where do you see it in five years?

In five years, huh? Never thought about that.... I'd like the site to really be a complete Disney destination, where people can visit for more than just trivia, although I'd like to carve out my little niche in the Disney world as this being the go-to place for the information or answers you just can't find anywhere else.

I'd hope that the forums continue to grow, in both membership and scope of content. To that end, I can only do that with the help of the membership, but participating and spreading the word to others to invite them to be a part of what we're creating here. This site is as much yours as it is mine (I just pay the bills). For all of your help, my sincere thanks.

How's that for a start?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    Lou, boxer, brief or commando?
    And why was thong left out of those options??

Lou Mongello

Quote Originally Posted by buzznut31
    Hey Lou, do you think that you will ever decide to move down to Florida?
    Someday...I wish it was now, but my family and business are up here. If not for them, I'd be down there now

I definitely see myself there at some point in the future. The weather, the people, the slower pace... oh yeah, being closer to WDW doesn't hurt either!!

Lou Mongello

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Someday...I wish it was now, but my family and business are up here. If not for them, I'd be down there now

I definitely see myself there at some point in the future. The weather, the people, the slower pace... oh yeah, being closer to WDW doesn't hurt either!!

Lou at a slow pace???

That is a living breathing oxymoron!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Lou, if you went to WDW and only had time to do 5 things what would they be???

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

Now I have to wash my eyes out with soap, hopefully the picture of that will not come back!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!

because i was afraid i'd get yelled at again, but since you ask...

cotton, spandex, latex, leather, edible, or barbed-wired?

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I would have guessed Latex!!!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Did you write the book and pray to get it published, or did you have a publisher lined up from the get go?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Lou, if you went to WDW and only had time to do 5 things what would they be???
    Hmmm... that's a great one... and one I need tothink about, but off the top of my head:

1. Haunted Mansion
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Ride the monorail
    4. Enjoy Wishes from the Rose Garden, wait for everyone to leave, and take my time meandering down and empty Main Street, while shopping at the stores one last time
    5. Get Popcorn

I'm sure that as soon as I hit SUBMIT, I'll think of something else I missed.
    Lou Mongello

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Did you write the book and pray to get it published, or did you have a publisher lined up from the get go?
    I started with the concept and writing long before I began the "Quest for A Publisher", (which involved learning about the intricacies of the publishing business, trying to find an agent, etc.). I was fortunate to find the good people from the Intrepid Traveler after a long search, and couldn't be happier with them.
    Lou Mongello

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast