Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Life aside from Disney (questionaire) in the Community Center forums; ****wondering...so what exactly would be in a DJ handbook?...lol that's cool tho my bf did karoke DJing for a few years...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    ****wondering...so what exactly would be in a DJ handbook?...lol that's cool tho my bf did karoke DJing for a few years
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10

Favorite Movies: Star Wars, Godfather, Blazing Saddles,

Ummm...Lou...I think you forgot at least one movie. One that you and I have gone back forth on quoting many times in chat.

"Dr. Frankenstein..."
    "Fronkensteen."
    "You're putting me on."
    "No, it's pronounced 'Fronkensteen.' "
    "Do you also say 'Froaderick'?"
    "No...'Frederick.' "
    "Well, why isn't it 'Froaderick Fronkensteen'? "
    "It isn't; it's 'Frederick Fronkensteen.' "
    "I see."
    "You must be Igor."
    "No, it's pronounced 'eye-gor.' "
    "But they told me it was 'ee-gor.' "
    "Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?"
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Favorite color: Blue

Favorite Movies: Gettysburg, Gods and Generals, The Right Stuff

Favorite Authors: Really do not have one

Favorite Genres: nonfiction--mostly science and history

Favorite Animal: Cats

Favorite Food: Pizza

Hobbies: astrophotography, astronomy, physics, rollercoasters, visiting theme parks.

Marital Status? Kids? Single

Passions: astronomy and science education, human spaceflight, space exploration

Something ppl wouldn't know about you:
    Had a very hard time learning mathematics. Cannot spell to save my life

Something you are proud of yourself for:
    First member of my family to graduate college. Degree: B.Sc-Physics

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Favorite color: green and red

Favorite Movies: I love old movies, musicals, things my kids can watch, chickflicks sometimes but I can't stand gore/bloody and things that make me sick. Would rather watch a comedy
    Favorite Authors: Tom Clancy

Favorite Genres: books-prefer Clancy and things I can teach to students, sometimes a good mystery; movies-comedy and classics, and musicals that bother my husband
    Favorite Animal: I don't have a preference but I sure don't want to see any flattened fauna on the road

Favorite Food: Dr. Pepper and chocolate. Ice Cream is up there too but sometimes I just want a good salad-favorite right now is Quizno's Roman Chicken Salad

Hobbies: I have little time but I like to read, used to cross-stitch, love to swim and converse with my neighbors

Marital Status? Kids? Married for 16 1/2 years. Still have to remind him it is our anniversary which isn't surprising except it is New Years Eve. Four kids, a daughter 12 going on 40(she thinks)-She's ADD and learning coping skills, a son-9 who is considered gifted and upset now that he doesn't understand algebra (finished 3rd grade this year); a son-4 who is namedd after my favorite author who does things slightly behind developmentally but not enough to receive any help-will be interesting when he starts school, a son-3 who was a "special blessing from God" and my only blue-eyed child, seems to be gifted like #2 child. All are a blessing and very unique personalities

Passions: Reading and teaching reading-about to start a doctorate in January, teaching in general, my few friends

I am quiet until you get to know me. I am skinny and many people feel that I am intimidating. weird combination. Had a friend tell someone in college to be sure and keep their distance because I would beat them up (the person was 10 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier but was terrified of me). My friend later apologized.

I got my bachelor's degree before my two older brothers did. I may a 4 pt. on my master's, working full time and taking a full load. I am proud of the school I work at and the people I work with-great place to be! I am proud of my children as they can sometimes be a reflection of me-both good and bad.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I'm loving hearing about all of you!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Okay, I'll join in here...

Favorite color: Black, Purple, and Silver

Favorite Movies: Harry Potter series, LOTR series, Star Wars, Pirates of the Carribean, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Legend, Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Dark Crystal...also cheesy horror movies

Favorite Authors: JK Rowling and Anne Rice

Favorite Genres: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Horror

Favorite Animal: Lizards, Cats, Dolphins

Favorite Food: Chocolate, Italian, Mediterranean

Hobbies: Computers, Reading, Writing, Drawing, Hanging out with friends

Marital Status? Kids? Going through a divorce...no kids thank god, though I do want a couple someday

Passions: My friends, my family, my new career

Not sure I want all my secrets out there...LOL

I found out over the past year that I am a lot stronger than I ever realized. I went through a back-to-back series of tragedies, and I came out better off than I was before. Sometimes just surviving and living well is something to be very proud of.

Favorite Color: Red

Favorite Movies: Purple Rain, Dirty Dancing, Beauty and the Beast, Vacation, Meet the Parents and Mary Poppins

Favorite Author: Lou Mongello (OF COURSE! )

Favorite Genre of Books: Biographical

Favorite Animal: Dogs

Favorite Foods: CHICKEN!

Hobbies: Anything and Everything Disney! Scrapbooking, boating, spending time with family

Marital Status? Kids? I have been married to my Husband Jim for 7 years this upcoming August, but we are High School sweethearts and have been together for 21 years! We have two beautiful Sons, Parker who will be celebrating his 5th birthday at WDW on June 25th and our newest addition, our Son, Tanner who just turned 7 months last Friday.

Passions: My family

Something that people wouldn't know about me? : I honestly cannot think of anything at this moment. I am a pretty open and honest person and anybody close to me knows everything.

Something that I am proud of yourself for: Being a good Mom and raising my Children to respect and love others.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Thanks for the thought provoking thread Bonny

Favorite color: blue, purple or pink- it depends on my mood!

Favorite Movies: The list would take a whole page – I love musicals – especially Rodgers and Hammerstein ones – Carousel ; South Pacific; Oklahoma; the King and I –
    Old movies –Pride of the Yankees, Portrait of Jenny (no one probably has heard of that one)Wizard of Oz;Gone With The Wind Comedies- Blazing Saddles; The Producers; young Frankenstein; Planes trains and Automobiles; All the star wars and star trek movies (except the first – too long) ; Return of the King; terminator – all of em
    All the Indy movies; Field of Dreams; The Natural; Frequency; Signs(gotta love Mel Gibson!!) Don Juan DeMarco( a great Johnny Depp movie!!) Chronicles of Riddick;
    Secondhand Lions; Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies!!

Favorite Authors: Diana Gabaldon, Lynn Kurland, Andrew Greeley; James Harriot; and on and on

Favorite Genres: Romance Mystery Sci Fi History Biography– you write a good story that keeps me interested and I’ll read it

Favorite Animal: cats and dogs and all the rest ! I pretty much love them all!

Favorite Food: Buffalo Wings and Pizza; ice cream

Hobbies: reading, gardening; mt. biking; scrapping; needlepoint; Karate;

Marital Status? – Married to my prince Charming for 28 years Kids – 2 beautiful ones – Liz and Matt

Passions: I’m passionate about Life! You only go around once in life – so go for it! Grab on with both hands and enjoy the ride!!!I believe that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. I cannot tolerate cruelty to animals, children or the elderly.

Something ppl wouldn't know about you: That I tested in the 99 th percentile for test pilot (it was tied with engineering - I went the safer route) I am a long time Dr. Demento fan – I still listen to him every week on internet radio!

Something you are proud of yourself for:the usual- kids ; getting my Master’s degree – putting my husband thru school - but also that I have been a trailblazer in my career – I was the first female in many male only Departments ( my Mom taught me that you can do anything if you put your mind to it, especially if you’re a girl!)– I was one of 3% of the females that graduated with a Science degree ( at that time) – now in the 10% ( and growing) of female engineers. I am also proud that I took time off to be home with my kids and be with my Mom in the last year of her life and that I got to give my Mom and Dad the 50th anniversary party of their dreams – soon after that we lost Mom.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    Favorite color: pink

Favorite Movies: i am not going to remember them all but here it goes, 10 Things I Hate About You, Singing in the Rain, any Indiana Jones, Biodome(it's a really stupid movie w/ pauly shore),anything with Brad Pitt(yum!), Princess Bride, Phantom of the Opera, action/comedies, and i am blanking and can't think of anymore....

Favorite Authors: anne rice, tracey chevalier and since i can't remember authors..the devil wore prada, all the shopoholic series, waking beauty(just read it, very funny), bergdorff blondes

Favorite Genres: anything with fashonista type girls in nyc, books based on historic events/persons(ex. the passion of artemsia), funny chick type books and for movie genres action/comedies and the occasional chick flick, old movies

Favorite Animal: puppies(all dogs are puppies to me)

Favorite Food: not exactly a specific food but i love chinese(whatelse would i eat on sun. nite), italian, and i love love love matzahball soup

Hobbies: shopping( my degree is actually in Textiles, Merchandising, and Design), art, reading

Marital Status? Kids? quite single(happily) and no kids(being a camp counselor for 5 summers doesn't really make you want them so much). i'm only 23, not really at the wanting kids stage yet

Passions: museums(i would love to work in one), movies, art,again shopping, shoes, clothes, accessories.....

Something ppl wouldn't know about you:i can't spell either! i have absolutely no sense of direction, i can get lost w/o trying anywhere, and people here can't see me so they wouldn't know that i look younger then i am(yes, i know it will be nice later) but it's kinda annoying when you're trying to get into a bar w/o being bothered or accused of using an older siblings id(i have a brother that wouldn't work)

Something you are proud of yourself for: hhhmmmm...not really sure
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

My turn!

Favorite color: Blue!

Favorite Movies: Sound of Music

Favorite Authors: Jane Austen, Calderon de la Barca

Favorite Genres: Cozy mysteries (specially culinary ones); time-travel and regency romances.

Favorite Animal: bunnies!

Favorite Food: Beef & Duck

Hobbies: Cooking, reading, traveling, trading books

Marital Status? Kids? Married for 12 years, have been trying for kids with no luck (lots of miscarriages), trying now with a surrogate and an egg donor.

Passions: Food & books

Something ppl wouldn't know about you: I sing "I hate people" under my breath when I'm annoyed.

Something you are proud of yourself for: Finishing graduate school.
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Hi Lori!

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Hobbies: Shopping, making cakes (wedding anniversary, bday) baking, cooking, painting... taking on any new project I can get my hands onto!!!

I used to decorate cakes also! I would do logos for office parties and board game ones for children's party. then I got carpal tunnel and couldn't squeeze that thingee anymore. I still have tons of pans!
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

I knew I liked you for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella

Favorite Movies: This will change almost every time you ask me. It's like asking me what my favorite song or musical is.

Passions: Asthma/Allergy awareness and education. One asthma death is too many today. As a result I am very, very anti-smoking, which didn't make me popular in college!

Something ppl wouldn't know about you: Puerto Rican,

I love musicals, have asthma and absolutely DETEST cigarette smoke and am a boricua.
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey
    Passions: Organ Donation. Donate your organs, you never know how many lives you might save.
    My middle brother is alive today thanks to an organ donor (will be 3 years ago in July)
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Favorite Authors: Lynn Kurland,

I love her also! Just finished 'Garden in the Rain' and have 'Dreams of Stardust' on the TBR pile. I think her husband and mine are long distance cousins (same last name!)
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Favorite color: light blue

Favorite Movies: Princess Bride, Labrynth (i'm sure I spelled that wrong), Indiana Jones trilogy, Batman Forever, Harry Potter 1 & 2 (not 3)

Favorite Authors: Nicholas Sparks! (my #1 favorite) & J.K. Rowling

Favorite Genres: Not sure... I have a wide variety of likes....

Favorite Animal: Either a dolphin (the mammal not the fish) or a turtle I guess

Favorite Food: Is there enough room on this site? I'm a piggy piggy & love it! My all time favorites are steak & mac & cheeze. I also love italian, cookies, bar b q... I really could go on but I'll stop here.

Hobbies: I really enjoy reading

Marital Status? Kids? I have been married 2 years in August (yay ) but have no kids... yet

Passions: Other than what I can't name here... :mickey: I'd say my family.

Something ppl wouldn't know about you: I'm sure there is a lot y'all don't know about me. Let's see... this isn't really about me but my grandfather laid the tracks at WDW for the train.

Something you are proud of yourself for: I'm usually not proud of myself. I'm happiest when my mom & Daddy are proud of me. I'm impressed with myself that I didn't mention DISNEY one time in these questions!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast