Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Where is everybody? in the Community Center forums; It seems like there used to be a lot more posting here in the past. Is everyone on vacation?...
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Where is everybody?

It seems like there used to be a lot more posting here in the past. Is everyone on vacation?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Where is everybody?

I have notice that too. There use to be like 5 pages in the random thread to look at and now the most is 1 or 2.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

It's dead around here.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Guess everyone is busy transitioning from Hallow to Holiday Wishes this week.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Most of us have busy lives outside of this place. I know I do. I attend college full-time and work part-time. WDW Radio, unfortunately, comes last in my list of priorities at the moment.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

flutter is offline Moderator

facebook

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

and the fact that some members posted during the day got their connections here terminated, but a good part of it is what flutter said, Facebook
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

I tried Facebook but found it to be tremendously annoying. I kept getting stupid messages like "so and so bought you a drink for for being a great dad". Wow. A virtual drink from someone I last saw in 1982. How do they know I don't beat my kids? I haven't seen them since Ronald Reagan was in his first term. Also I was annoyed by the "I'll trade you a cow for 3 pigs". What the heck is that about? Then you get to read scintillating posts from a friend of a friend about their inner feelings regarding shopping. I can do without all of that. How something like that is popular with adults is beyond me.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Most of us have busy lives outside of this place. I know I do. I attend college full-time and work part-time. WDW Radio, unfortunately, comes last in my list of priorities at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    and the fact that some members posted during the day got their connections here terminated, but a good part of it is what flutter said, Facebook
    These.

Plus, I don't work "normal" hours so my sleep/wake schedule is off from the majority of people.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

So the dozens and dozens of people who used to post daily are now enrolled in college and are too busy to post...or they are glued to Facebook playing Mafia Wars. Makes sense.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    It seems like there used to be a lot more posting here in the past. Is everyone on vacation?
    I ate them all up. I was pretty hungry. Thanksgiving is around the corner, be on the lookout for me and my tribe looking for dinner, we might swing by here again this year

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I tried Facebook but found it to be tremendously annoying. I kept getting stupid messages like "so and so bought you a drink for for being a great dad". Wow. A virtual drink from someone I last saw in 1982. How do they know I don't beat my kids? I haven't seen them since Ronald Reagan was in his first term. Also I was annoyed by the "I'll trade you a cow for 3 pigs". What the heck is that about? Then you get to read scintillating posts from a friend of a friend about their inner feelings regarding shopping. I can do without all of that. How something like that is popular with adults is beyond me.
    GREAT sum-up, dude.
    I agree...that whole thing is pretty much a pile. The things people share, and yes, especially "adults" is just off-the-charts stupid and self absorbed, so MUCH of the time. The term "Get a life already!" isn't even sufficient enough. I really just don't get it either...
    I keep getting told I need to get a page (or whatever they call it...?) there so I can network with people, so I may end up givin' in at some point just to communicate with some folks from my past just for that reason. Youngest DD set DW up on it not too long ago, and she found one ol' buddy of mine from junior high in Cali. and another UT friend of mine that lives in the northeast...as far as I know, they're not "Diznuts" like me, so they probably wouldn't spend the time to come here and hang with me...
    Last edited by Dizisit; 11-08-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Schpelling...!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

The "Pyg" is in the house...!
    Long time, no "see", pal!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    I ate them all up. I was pretty hungry. Thanksgiving is around the corner, be on the lookout for me and my tribe looking for dinner, we might swing by here again this year

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'm right here!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast