Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss I Need a Boost in the Community Center forums; I'm having a really bad day and I'm slowly realizing that the chances of us affording another trip to Disney in the next oh, 10 years, is pretty slim... I ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I Need a Boost

I'm having a really bad day and I'm slowly realizing that the chances of us affording another trip to Disney in the next oh, 10 years, is pretty slim... I need a pick me up.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: I Need a Boost

I am sending some thoughts your way. I hope everything will work out and that things get better for you and your family.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I'm having a really bad day and I'm slowly realizing that the chances of us affording another trip to Disney in the next oh, 10 years, is pretty slim... I need a pick me up.
    Sorry for your bad day. This time of year can be tough, and the weather doesn't help much.

I hope you can find a way back to WDW. Keep your chin up and as Lou says, keep moving forward.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Oh Jenn I am sorry. Living your life now too...and we are not alone. Your post was so similar to another members this week. Similar to many on RT.

I wanted to go on the WDW Cruise. Even hammered out the numbers and knew I could pull it off...but didn't. I have 2 kids in college and it is just not fiscally responsible thing to do.

While I do love Disney want to go back to WDW, Disney has become nutty in their pricing. I'm day-dream'n that the Corp will realize how many families they are loosing with their food, ticket and hotel prices given the economy and salary re-alignments. $2.50 for water is a priceless example.

The Census data is trickling out. In Northern IL the median income has fallen $10,000 since 2000. Yet Disney prices have dramatically increased in this same time frame. While it doesn't diminish our love of Disney, it is a reality many families are experiencing.

The upside for me is I have a home, children, a dog and a DH that loves me. Sadly, I'll just have to wait for WDW. Lets just hope my kids don't go immediately on for their masters.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

BamaJenn, hoping for a quick turn for you and Haunted Gabe, hope you can return this year as well.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Wow, Since I know what industry you were in, it stands to reason that you have been hit personally and very, vary hard. I am truly sorry you are living the American Nightmare. But, Things WILL change, fortunes will improve and sooner or later, WDW will be you destination again. Until then, you have buddies here, and other members trip reports, and all of our sympathy in the lack of WDW travel.

Prayers and Pixie Dust for a speedy turn around.

A happier thought-God is still in Heaven. You still have a child that thinks the world begins and ends with you, and that is priceless.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.