Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 374 of 376 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376 LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 5627
General Discussions Discuss A "sparkly" new thread! in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 Checking in to say, "Hi!" We leave on Saturday (November 12th) heading to Walt Disney World with the kiddos. Roadtrip! We're going down for our annual ...
    jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: A "sparkly" new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Checking in to say, "Hi!"

We leave on Saturday (November 12th) heading to Walt Disney World with the kiddos. Roadtrip! We're going down for our annual Thanksgiving vacation. We'll be gone for two weeks. This year, we're throwing in a Disney cruise too. We FINALLY get to sail on the Disney Dream. I can't wait! Palo and Remy are booked. Let the gluttonous feast begin!

<-----jealous!!! (My gluttony won't start for a few more weeks.)
    I'm fairly certain that given a tiara and a nice cape, I could save the world--one sequin at a time.

2011 Donald ½ Marathon 2:59:00. 2011 Princess ½ Marathon
    3:12:40.
    2011 Disneyland ½ Marathon 3:13:52. 2011 Wine & Dine ½ Marathon --3:06:56.
    2012 Donald ½ Marathon --. 2012 Tinkerbell ½ Marathon --.

Grand Camping Adventure Information

georgemoe is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Checking in to say, "Hi!"

We leave on Saturday (November 12th) heading to Walt Disney World with the kiddos. Roadtrip! We're going down for our annual Thanksgiving vacation. We'll be gone for two weeks. This year, we're throwing in a Disney cruise too. We FINALLY get to sail on the Disney Dream. I can't wait! Palo and Remy are booked. Let the gluttonous feast begin!
    Hey Jennifer. Hope you, Bill, and the kids have a great time on your roadtrip. We fly down on the 26th for a week with my sister, BIL, their boys and girl friends. We are all staying in the tree houses. Should be fun.
    - George

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Christmas is only around the corner now!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Rtobe is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by mainegal View Post
    Yes, Ros, adventure awaits! And a Disneyland annual pass?
    Yes, adventure is out there. The wilderness must be explored (was at Disneyland playing in the Wilderness Scout area)

I have a Disneyland AP ...

Hi all - an update from the west coast. I've been here for two months now. New job going well. My first project will be next week, should be fun.

A special thanks again to everyone I saw while driving cross country and for all your hospitality.

Settled into my temporary apartment while I house hunt. Interupted by various travel. A business trip to San Diego at the end of October. Followed by a long scheduled trip to WDW and on the Dream

Had a great time at WDW for a couple days of Food and Wine and then a fabulous week on the Dream (back to back cruises - a 4 day and a 3 day). I can tell you she is a beautiful ship. The Midship Detective Agency was lots of fun. We got to see the transformation from normal decor to Christmas decor when we docked after the 4 day cruise. Was really interesting to see how organized and how fast the Disney elves work their holiday magic.

Brought home a cold which I didn't want. But it finally left, just in time for the next business trip to San Diego for my first project.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday and was able to enjoy time with family and friends. To all my friends near and far thanks for being a friend. Hope we cross paths soon. Enjoy the holiday season!

OKW Lover is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks for the updates Ros. Good to know that things are going well on the left coast. Val & I will let you know when we next plan on going there. Right now we are looking at a 7-night MR cruise with some DL time before or afterwards. That would be the beginning of April for our 15th anniversary. Still in the blue sky phase though.

bigmoonmullen is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Rtobe View Post
    Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday and was able to enjoy time with family and friends. To all my friends near and far thanks for being a friend. Hope we cross paths soon. Enjoy the holiday season!

Hi Ros,

Hope your Holidays are Great.

Louise & Mark

2002 - Offsite - (Feb)
    2004 - POP / BC (Sep/Oct)
    2007 - AKL / WL (Nov/Dec)
    2008 - Dolphin / OKW (Nov/Dec)
    2009 - Dolphin (Oct)
    2010 - Swan / Cruise / Swan (Dec)
    2011 - ABD Backstage Magic
    Upcoming
    2011 - Oct - Fun with Friends
    2012 - Oct - DCL Fantasy

mainegal is offline Fastpass Holder

good thoughts and prayers needed

I think there are some people who read this thread who no longer visit the "other boards".

I have been asked by Carol Bowling to share that she is going through a rough time health wise. She is awaiting biopsy results to see if her cancer has returned. She has great pain in her leg that is keeping her from walking. She has a rare heart condition, spiking fevers and is concerned she may have a blood infection.

Carol would appreciate any and all good thoughts and prayers. Please also send support to her husband, Michael.

Carol always signed her posts ...."It's A Great Day To Be Alive." Let’s all remember that. You can find Carol on Facebook to send her a message.
    Last edited by mainegal; 12-06-2011 at 06:50 PM.

OKW Lover is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hoping for the best for Carol.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Sorry to read about Carol. She is in our thoughts and prayers.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

So, is everyone back in their hometowns by now? It seemed for awhile there that one family or a group of our friends were at these past few months. Facebook is so nice to keep tabs on you people.

How was everyone's trips? I might do a "mini" trip report on this site. We had an amazing Anniversary dinner at Jiko that needs a dining report. One word . . . YUM!

The Dream was just as I had dreamed about. Big and beautiful. Thank you Paul for the tip to keep a map handy. I needed it!!! The cruise was a tease though being such a short cruise. I am really looking forward to The Fantasy next year. Longer cruise and there's something else about that cruise that is special . . . we get to sail with our friends!
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

Well, November was a blur and Christmas is quickly approaching. This is the kids' last week of school before winter vacation. Didn't they just have a Fall/Thanksgiving vacation?

Last year, we were at WDW for the Christmas holiday. It will actually be weird going back to a traditional holiday with extended-family festivities and ham dinner. Last year, we spent Christmas Eve at The Magic Kingdom, relaxed Christmas morning at The Boardwalk, had burgers for lunch and 'Ohana for dinner. Of course we topped the evening off with fireworks on the beach at the Poly. I don't know if we can ever top that Christmas. Then again, there's always next year with tentative plans to be at Disneyland for Christmas. Has anyone seen the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay on The Haunted Mansion at DL? Our oldest son is really into that movie. Personally, I want to see the holiday It's A Small World.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

mainegal is offline Fastpass Holder

I never left my hometown, although I did follow many other people's trips to WDW.

I am still trying to decide if my next trip will be May or December. My only visits have been in December. I am so afraid if I go in May I will miss the holliday decor, music, the end of Illuminations. Will it be too hot in May? Will Flower & Garden be worth the trade off? Plus, I think the room rate is lower in early December. But, May would be doing some activities with ToaDs.

Any ideas? When should I go?

Quote Originally Posted by mainegal View Post
    I never left my hometown, although I did follow many other people's trips to WDW.

I am still trying to decide if my next trip will be May or December. My only visits have been in December. I am so afraid if I go in May I will miss the holliday decor, music, the end of Illuminations. Will it be too hot in May? Will Flower & Garden be worth the trade off? Plus, I think the room rate is lower in early December. But, May would be doing some activities with ToaDs.

Any ideas? When should I go?
    We've been to WDW during ALL the seasons. Christmas-time is our favorite with all the holiday decorations and special events. However, we've had amazing trips in the Spring and Fall too. (Never again in the summer!!!! Hot & humid and too crowded for us. ) Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival transforms Epcot so beautifully. It is a "must see" at least once for a WDW fan. IMO The weather is just starting to get warmer in April and May. If you go early enough in May, you should be fine crowd and weatherwise.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"