Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Epic Mickey for Wii - ** Please share your progress and thoughts. ** in the Community Center forums; Yeah, I keep slipping off the dragon, too. I get through the whole thing, and end up killing Mickey. I will probably get back to it soon, but I'm so ...
    UrsulasShadow is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Epic Mickey for Wii - ** Please share your progress and thoughts. **

Yeah, I keep slipping off the dragon, too. I get through the whole thing, and end up killing Mickey. I will probably get back to it soon, but I'm so awful at it, I get frustrated.

I'm fantastic at Plants vs. Zombies, though.
    Mindy

WaltSentMe007 is offline A-Ticket holder

I bought this game the day it came out because I was so excited! It's fantastic! I just got to the Haunted Mansion part and I'm really excited to see what they've done with it. I loved Small World and Pirates. I really liked how they made the small world music all creepy. The only negative thing I will say is that the camera has major issues. You will die a lot because you can't see where you're going and sometimes you have no control over the camera. But, the story and puzzles outweigh the camera issue to deliver a friggin awesome game.
    Engagement Trip Report 9/2010 | Looking forward to my Disney Fairytale Wedding 9/2011

georgemoe is offline D-Ticket Holder

Zippity thanks for the perspective. Sounds like you are a natural gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Thanks George! I was hoping you would tell me how to get past it. I keep trying to hop around, but end up just hopping right off. When you say tiptoe, do you mean just walk slowly? Thanks!
    If you move the joystick just slightly Mickey will walk in slow "tiptoe like" steps. You should not fall off at all.

Quote Originally Posted by UrsulasShadow View Post
    Yeah, I keep slipping off the dragon, too. I get through the whole thing, and end up killing Mickey. I will probably get back to it soon, but I'm so awful at it, I get frustrated.

I'm fantastic at Plants vs. Zombies, though.
    LOL Mindy.

I came home tonight and Deb is playing and asking me to play. I got home from work after 8 and in no frame to start playing video games tonight. I'd have to say for not caring for these type of games she is doing pretty good.

I'm really looking forward to the Haunted Manor part of the game but I'm trying hard not to read spoilers on how people do things. I'd prefer to give it a best effort before resorting to the walkthroughs. I only use them as a last resort and they show you just one way to get through a level.
    - George

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by georgemoe View Post
    Zippity thanks for the perspective. Sounds like you are a natural gamer.
    Oh, Lordy... don't tell my bf! haha, he's a computer programmer and it's pretty much his dream for me to be a gamer
    The funny thing is that yesterday I decided I would try good old fashioned Mario (the old one for nintendo is downloaded onto our wii) and I couldn't beat the first level. I tried 6 times!! So apparently I'm ONLY good at epic mickey haha

And I remember that dragon tail, I think I died a few times trying to get on, and then fell off once as well lol. I remember the very most frustrating part of the game for me was in Tomorrow City, where there's the astro orbiter ride and this tram ride you have to jump on... that whole part I remember spending well over an hour on two or three times before dying and losing everything I did. It was just extra frustrating for me, but I can't remember anything especially hard now though! Just lots of stuff to do in it I guess.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'm not a gamer, but my kids sure seem to like it.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

George! I did watch that Haunted Manor part. The bf is literally flying through his levels. It was sooo neat. I kept making him pause at all the gravestones so I could read them. I would much rather just wander around and look at things, he just wants to win. haha.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Madi100 is offline D-Ticket Holder

My children get frustrated with me when I play Epic Mickey. I think it is kind of hard. I haven't played since before Christmas, because we got Donkey Kong, and I really like that.
    Nicole

DisneyTaylors is offline C-Ticket Holder

I finally made it to Mean Steet last weekend after restarting the game. I had gotten frustrated by missing so much that I went ahead and just started all over again. My wife must have heard me yelling the first time through and bought me a guide yesterday.
    Bill Jennifer DS11 DD8 DS5

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTaylors View Post
    I finally made it to Mean Steet last weekend after restarting the game. I had gotten frustrated by missing so much that I went ahead and just started all over again. My wife must have heard me yelling the first time through and bought me a guide yesterday.
    I'm almost at Mean Streets Bill and have considered restarting myself. I'm also warming to getting the guide as well from a collectible aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Madi100 View Post
    My children get frustrated with me when I play Epic Mickey. I think it is kind of hard. I haven't played since before Christmas, because we got Donkey Kong, and I really like that.
    You just like cute little monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    George! I did watch that Haunted Manor part. The bf is literally flying through his levels. It was sooo neat. I kept making him pause at all the gravestones so I could read them. I would much rather just wander around and look at things, he just wants to win. haha.
    LOL. Sounds cool Kerry. I wander enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Oh, Lordy... don't tell my bf! haha, he's a computer programmer and it's pretty much his dream for me to be a gamer
    The funny thing is that yesterday I decided I would try good old fashioned Mario (the old one for nintendo is downloaded onto our wii) and I couldn't beat the first level. I tried 6 times!! So apparently I'm ONLY good at epic mickey haha

And I remember that dragon tail, I think I died a few times trying to get on, and then fell off once as well lol. I remember the very most frustrating part of the game for me was in Tomorrow City, where there's the astro orbiter ride and this tram ride you have to jump on... that whole part I remember spending well over an hour on two or three times before dying and losing everything I did. It was just extra frustrating for me, but I can't remember anything especially hard now though! Just lots of stuff to do in it I guess.
    Tomorrow City sounds cool. I need to get hopping and catch up to everyone. Hopefully I can get some time in tonight.
    - George

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Oh another hint, is that you can avoid fighting a lot of the main bad guys if you do good things. By being "bad" you can often get short cuts or characters will offer you pins or something like that, but for instance at one point I took the time to help free some gremlins and they helped make fighting one of the bosses a lot easier. Or how finding Pete's ship's log and then giving it to one of the gremlin's secretly will get you a pin, but if you use it to show pete's innocence you won't have to fight Pete later (you all might have passed that part already).

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I just started playing the game (I got it the week it came out, but I had some issues with my Wii that I just got resolved), and so far it is a lot of fun! I find the camera angles to be annoying at times though
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

UrsulasShadow is offline E-Ticket Holder

Oh another hint, is that you can avoid fighting a lot of the main bad guys if you do good things. By being "bad" you can often get short cuts or characters will offer you pins or something like that, but for instance at one point I took the time to help free some gremlins and they helped make fighting one of the bosses a lot easier. Or how finding Pete's ship's log and then giving it to one of the gremlin's secretly will get you a pin, but if you use it to show pete's innocence you won't have to fight Pete later (you all might have passed that part already).
    So, knocking the blots I turned into "friends" into the thinner was not a good thing?
    Mindy

Yeah that's why I restarted as I had missed several interactions (i.e. fixing rides) and had done things that made life harder. Like selling the ship log to the gremlin. I was much happier and the game was a lot more fun after restarting.

So, knocking the blots I turned into "friends" into the thinner was not a good thing?
    With friends like that...

Tell me about it. That Gremlin duped me into giving him Pete's log. I thought he was going to use it to prove Pete's innocense. Noooooooo, he gave me a pin and a whole mess of trouble later on. And no treasure to boot.

Camera angle issues aside, this is one thing I like about the game. There isn't just one way to go about progressing through the game. It's really alows for more replayability. I already want to start over.

See above Pete's log. Those blotty things and sweepers are relentless in Coloseum. the only way to get rid of them is help from a Gremlin and bumping them into the thinner. The trade-off is no way to get the tresure though.
    - George

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast