Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Epic Mickey for Wii - ** Please share your progress and thoughts. ** in the Community Center forums; We got it for Christmas but I've been so busy I've only played it once so far, and was still getting used to the controls. Just got to the second ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Epic Mickey for Wii - ** Please share your progress and thoughts. **

We got it for Christmas but I've been so busy I've only played it once so far, and was still getting used to the controls. Just got to the second area.

Are you supposed to be able to go back to areas and get things you couldn't before? There was something under the stairs in the first area, but I found no way to get it.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    We got it for Christmas but I've been so busy I've only played it once so far, and was still getting used to the controls. Just got to the second area.

Are you supposed to be able to go back to areas and get things you couldn't before? There was something under the stairs in the first area, but I found no way to get it.
    In some of the areas yes, you can go between areas... but for the most part no, you have to beat the game and then they let you play it over again to get anything you missed (and if you miss it again you can't go back until you beat the game AGAIN!). However, the area you're talking about you actually visit again at the very end of the game I'm pretty sure... I remember the chest under the stair case. But ya, it's frustrating if you miss something.

georgemoe is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

Hi Brian. Nice to have you here.

Once you complete an area no you can't go back and redo it unless you delete the whole game and start over. Depending on how you play the "Little Pete's ship log" area, you will have to play a future area a certain way. I won't spoil it.

So I just finished the "hard version" of the colosseum area (Brian this is what I mean) and not the good one with treasure. Then beat the Clock Tower boss. Wish I knew how to win this battle with paint. Got through the side scroller and then to Mean Streets. Mean Streets may be my least favorite part of the game so far. I could not use the cloud above City Hall to get the silver ticket and I could find no movie reels. The level was pretty easy. When I saw Casey for the first time there were a bunch of things I could buy. I probably should have loaed up. The 2nd time I saw him all he had was a "life" to buy. I think I messed this part up.

I stopped at Ostown. Hopefully I'll get through this tomorrow.
    Last edited by georgemoe; 01-05-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    - George

dpuck1998 is offline Fastpass Holder

Just hoping in so I can remember to check in once I start playing.

Can't wait, suppose to be here today, although I won't be able to play until tomorrow.

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
    March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV;April10'POR;June11' Dream/BCV;Dec11'THV

Quote Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post
    Just hoping in so I can remember to check in once I start playing.

Can't wait, suppose to be here today, although I won't be able to play until tomorrow.
    I'm hoping I can play again tonight but getting ready for a snowmobile weekend and may not get any stick time in until next week.

There is someone in Canada who has been very very quiet since he started on Epic Mickey. Too quiet.

Don you will like it.

Quick comment: Watched Deb try to navigate Mickey Junk Mountain last night. It is downright funny when she gets all flustered. I try to help when I can but it's hard to if you can't stop laughing.
    Last edited by georgemoe; 01-06-2011 at 02:44 PM.
    - George

dpuck1998 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by georgemoe View Post
    I'm hoping I can play again tonight but getting ready for a snowmobile weekend and may not get any stick time in until next week.

There is someone in Canada who has been very very quiet since he started on Epic Mickey. Too quiet.

Don you will like it.

Quick comment: Watched Deb try to navigate Mickey Junk Mountain last night. It is downright funny when she gets all flustered. I try to help when I can but it's hard if you can't stop laughing.
    My wife would play games with me a while back, before the wii, motion, kinect or any of that stuff. She would move the controller all over the place when she played and it cracked me up. Now with the Wii at least she doesn't look quite so foolish.

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
    March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV;April10'POR;June11' Dream/BCV;Dec11'THV

Mean Streets may be my least favorite part of the game so far. I could not use the cloud above City Hall to get the silver ticket and I could find no movie reels. The level was pretty easy. When I saw Casey for the first time there were a bunch of things I could buy. I probably should have loaed up. The 2nd time I saw him all he had was a "life" to buy. I think I messed this part up.

I stopped at Ostown. Hopefully I'll get through this tomorrow.

You go to mean street lots and LOTS in this game... to get to the beginning of every new level for the rest of the game you have to go back to mean street and enter through the movie screens. Also, there are a lot of times where the characters send you on little missions that require you to jump all around. For instance at one point on mean street to complete a mission I had to go to Ostown and to the Pirates area and then back to mean street. Make sure you talk to all the characters... and sometimes they have more than one thing to say or things to give you!

Quote Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post
    My wife would play games with me a while back, before the wii, motion, kinect or any of that stuff. She would move the controller all over the place when she played and it cracked me up. Now with the Wii at least she doesn't look quite so foolish.
    I know what you mean. Deb does get frustrated but considering neither of us are huge platformer style gamers, she is doing well with this game. Gets frustrated at times because she makes the same "wrong" movements over and over. Even after my coaching. Maybe it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    You go to mean street lots and LOTS in this game... to get to the beginning of every new level for the rest of the game you have to go back to mean street and enter through the movie screens. Also, there are a lot of times where the characters send you on little missions that require you to jump all around. For instance at one point on mean street to complete a mission I had to go to Ostown and to the Pirates area and then back to mean street. Make sure you talk to all the characters... and sometimes they have more than one thing to say or things to give you!
    Oh now you tell me. I have to have a relationship with multiple cows?
    Makes sense. Only been to Mean Street the one time and while i got through the first time I was not able to get anything other than E-Tickets, lives, paint, and thinner. Well I did get a couple pins.
    - George

3guysandagal is offline C-Ticket Holder

Yeah, yeah, alright, I'm here.

I'm up to the Pirates Jungle area, which I spent waaaayy too much time on the other night, before watching the YouTubes about it.
    I prefer the Disneyepicmickey youtubes even though they are straightforward, run through vids.
    I believe they are done by the Disney designers themselves.
    They seem to get everything needed as far as I can tell.
    They make me feel very inferior though, as they seem to get through the level in about 5 minutes, without dying, and without needing to refill anything.
    I have thought about going back and starting again, but I will trudge thru and then go back to see what I can do.
    Havent played since the Jungle marathon the other night, but might get back into it tonight.......after the boys go to bed.
    My little one (7) likes to sit beside me and give "constructive criticism" on my playing abilities.
    JOHN KATH(Katscradle) The Boys (14 and 8)

I know the voices in my head aren't real. (But they do have some good ideas!)

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

Just watch the bf finally after nearly a week! beat the shadow blot boss. It was stressful to watch! I loved the part afterwards, the animation where it tells him "Sorry, that was nothing!" And then the big blot stole Mickey's heart right out of his body!!!!
    It then dumped him back into Ostown because he has to fix everything? Neither one of us has any idea what he is supposed to be doing. So far he is repainting everything. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Just watch the bf finally after nearly a week! beat the shadow blot boss. It was stressful to watch! I loved the part afterwards, the animation where it tells him "Sorry, that was nothing!" And then the big blot stole Mickey's heart right out of his body!!!!
    It then dumped him back into Ostown because he has to fix everything? Neither one of us has any idea what he is supposed to be doing. So far he is repainting everything. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Yeah in Ostown the shadow blot has the tentacle things stuck everywhere. On them are these glowing spots and you need to use thinner on them till they explode (it reminded me of popping a pimple ick). Then a new one will grow, and you keep thinning them until the tentacle retracts, then do that for all the tentacles. Once you've gotten all the ones in ostown they'll get you to go back through the screen to Mean Street and do the same thing there, and then the pirates, etc. After that you'll be climbing the castle to try to kill the big shadow blot... but he realizes what you're doing and gets bigger. Then you and Oswald climb a rocket and you end up IN the blot to kill him. So there's still lots more to go, but personally, that part with beating the shadow blot boss is harder than the rest of the game. There are lots of hard things you need to do, but it's much easier to kill the shadow blot and more of a step by step set of things you do rather than facing a boss. I don't know if that made sense haha....

Thank you!!!! I will call home and tell him. Those tentacle things are super creepity.
    I don't even remember seeing the glowing things... I was mesmerized by the jumping mailbox! So he doesn't have to repaint all the buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Thank you!!!! I will call home and tell him. Those tentacle things are super creepity.
    I don't even remember seeing the glowing things... I was mesmerized by the jumping mailbox! So he doesn't have to repaint all the buildings?

Nope, I did that too and it didn't do anything. It's just the tentacles. You will see a trail of green dots on each of them and they just glow and grow one after the other. When you end up inside the blot to get Mickey's heart back in the end, that's really all you're doing to kill it... following and thinning trails of glowing things until you get them all.

3guysandagal is offline C-Ticket Holder

Moved into Lonesome Manor last night.
    Going to let the little one watch this time as he loves the Haunted Mansion.
    Duct tape at the ready in case he gets too "chatty" about my game play.

(J/K)
    JOHN KATH(Katscradle) The Boys (14 and 8)

I know the voices in my head aren't real. (But they do have some good ideas!)

Good luck! I watched the bf finish the game today. It took forever.... and I tried to nap in the middle. haha!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast