Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Epic Mickey for Wii - ** Please share your progress and thoughts. ** in the Community Center forums; Just got a Wii when I got back to college in NC...I have Epic Mickey but yet to start it...the beginning seemed kind of confusing, but I probably just need ...
    N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Epic Mickey for Wii - ** Please share your progress and thoughts. **

Just got a Wii when I got back to college in NC...I have Epic Mickey but yet to start it...the beginning seemed kind of confusing, but I probably just need to sit there and work at it...I've been a Xbox/Xbox 360 gamer for a while, so the Wii is a completely different world
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The control is driving me crazy. I missed out on a quest because after a jump the perspective changed, I fell, landed on the "Small World" ride, and couldn't get back to the other area...

And man, the double-jumping takes a bit of finesse...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

dpuck1998 is offline Fastpass Holder

EPIC MICKEY arrived yesterday, haven't played yet but i just finished COD:Black Ops, so I'm ready for Mickey now

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
    March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV;April10'POR;June11' Dream/BCV;Dec11'THV

georgemoe is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by 3guysandagal View Post
    Moved into Lonesome Manor last night.
    Going to let the little one watch this time as he loves the Haunted Mansion.
    Duct tape at the ready in case he gets too "chatty" about my game play.
    (J/K)
    I can't wait to get to Lonesome Manor John. How do you like it?

Deb played some last night and is still in the Mickey Junk Mountain area. She only needed help once and that was getting out of the area that had her 2nd TV. I'm not sure if she finished the area or not. My guess is no.

I'm just ready to start Ostown for the first time. I haven't played since last week and expect late nights of work this week so may not play until the weekend. Most of my free time will be shoveling tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    The control is driving me crazy. I missed out on a quest because after a jump the perspective changed, I fell, landed on the "Small World" ride, and couldn't get back to the other area...

And man, the double-jumping takes a bit of finesse...
    It takes a lot of patience sometimes to keep the camera in the right perspective. I've not gotten to any point where I would call it maddening yet. But I'm still early in the game.

Some of my toughest double jump challenges have come in the 2D side scrollers. Over and over and over and over ..........

Quote Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post
    EPIC MICKEY arrived yesterday, haven't played yet but i just finished COD:Black Ops, so I'm ready for Mickey now
    I'm looking foraward to hearing your thoughts on the game Don. HURRY UP!
    - George

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

I haven't played for a week! I am looking forward to getting going again soon. I am still so very early in the game. As far as missing things because of the camera angle, that got to me too. I try to switch the angle as much as I can. Although.... since I changed the brightness on the TV, it seems much better!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

3guysandagal is offline C-Ticket Holder

Finished EM last weekend.
    All in all I enjoyed it very much.
    I did miss alot of stuff and had a few quests that failed.
    Started a new game Monday night in which I am going to try to get everything, and beat my total time (about 35 hours)

George, the Lonesome Manor was pretty cool, but just as good as all the other lands.

One tip I can give regarding the camera angles, is keep that "C" button trigger finger handy to change the view to behind Mickey.
    Also, utilize the "1" button to scan the area, to look up and down, and the directional right/left cross button (on the wii remote, not the nunchuck) to scan when on the ground.

Am now entering Space Voyage again, with 1172 E-tickets (expanded wallet), 24/105 pins and 15/36 film reels.
    Last edited by 3guysandagal; 01-11-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Wrong start day for second game
    JOHN KATH(Katscradle) The Boys (14 and 8)

I know the voices in my head aren't real. (But they do have some good ideas!)

Quote Originally Posted by 3guysandagal View Post
    Finished EM last weekend.
    All in all I enjoyed it very much.
    I did miss alot of stuff and had a few quests that failed.
    Started a new game Tuesday night in which I am going to try to get everything, and beat my total time (about 35 hours)

George, the Lonesome Manor was pretty cool, but just as good as all the other lands.

One tip I can give regarding the camera angles, is keep that "C" button trigger finger handy to change the view to behind Mickey.
    Also, utilize the "1" button to scan the area, to look up and down, and the directional right/left cross button (on the wii remote, not the nunchuck) to scan when on the ground.

Am now entering Space Voyage again, with 1172 E-tickets (expanded wallet), 24/105 pins and 15/36 film reels.
    So when will you let the boys play it?
    - George

Quote Originally Posted by georgemoe View Post
    So when will you let the boys play it?
    When I'm done.
    Probably around Mid February.

BrngBakDrmFndr is offline A-Ticket holder

Just finished the game and I loved it. The gameplay was a little choppy and the camera angles are a pain in the neck. Also at the end of the game, when you are inside the blot, it is so dark in there it was impossible for me to see ledges or bad guys. I would be running along and then all of a sudden I would be falling into a pool of thinner or being attacked by an invisible foe. A little frustrating.

To truly appreciate this game you must be a disney freak and appreciate the parks and disney history. This game is filled with fun little references to the parks and its history. I wont go into all of the cool tidbits put into the game but my absolute favorite part was toward the end of the game, after you clear lonesome manor but before you battle the blot. If you talk to the gremlin who turns on the projectors in mean street he will open up a secret room for you. I wont say what this secret room is but just go explore around the fire station for a nice little sentimental surprise. Gus got a little choked up when i entered this secret room, and i admit it got me a little choked up too
    Nothing is more powerful than the imagination. For it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare.
    Some imagination, huh ha!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrngBakDrmFndr View Post
    Just finished the game and I loved it. The gameplay was a little choppy and the camera angles are a pain in the neck. Also at the end of the game, when you are inside the blot, it is so dark in there it was impossible for me to see ledges or bad guys. I would be running along and then all of a sudden I would be falling into a pool of thinner or being attacked by an invisible foe. A little frustrating.
    I turned the brightness up on our tv a bit and that helped a lot.
    It's still dark, as it would be for Mickey inside an ink blot, but it helped.

To truly appreciate this game you must be a disney freak and appreciate the parks and disney history. This game is filled with fun little references to the parks and its history.
    What is this "Disney" that you speak?

I wont go into all of the cool tidbits put into the game but my absolute favorite part was toward the end of the game, after you clear lonesome manor but before you battle the blot. If you talk to the gremlin who turns on the projectors in mean street he will open up a secret room for you. I wont say what this secret room is but just go explore around the fire station for a nice little sentimental surprise. Gus got a little choked up when i entered this secret room, and i admit it got me a little choked up too
    My youngest is fixated on that room.
    Every time I am in Mean St he has to go there.
    Right from the beginning of the new game.
    "Trust me son, its not there yet!"

By the way.....
    He has also taken over going through the side scrollers.
    Daddy needs a break.

Darn thumb......

Breaking him in slowly....

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

We rented it. I don't like that only one person can play at a time. Did I miss the option that allows two people to play??
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

Quote Originally Posted by kandjad View Post
    We rented it. I don't like that only one person can play at a time. Did I miss the option that allows two people to play??
    Nah, you didn't miss it, it's a single player game.
    With all the jumping back and forth through lands, and different ways it could go using paint or thinner, I wonder if it could even be a 2 player?

dpuck1998 is offline Fastpass Holder

Well I've been playing for a while, but I've lost it to my 10 year old. He is playing now.

we/he are to the mean streets. Any tidbits I should be aware of up to this point that I might have missed? So far the game in enjoyable, although the controls are a bit clunky. The only thing I notice is that the quest are a bit on the easy side so far. They basically tell you exactly what to do and then point you in the direction to do it. Does it get more difficult?

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
    March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV;April10'POR;June11' Dream/BCV;Dec11'THV

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Naw, they're pretty busy... with the exception of finding a few items that were hiding IN a tree and under a sewer lid (I had to look those up online, I didn't think of thinning them out to look for items). There were many one or two others were I got a teensy bit stuck, but generally they were very straightforward.

Gold Box deal of the day at Amazon. Epic Mickey! $29.99

Today only!

Amazon.com Gold Box: New Deals. Every Day.
    - George

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast