Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss Sustain & Improve in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Cinderella2 You know.... I don't remember seeing any other guests in our building. Just these suspicious looking covered carts parked in various locations in the hallway.... And ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Re: Sustain & Improve

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    You know.... I don't remember seeing any other guests in our building. Just these suspicious looking covered carts parked in various locations in the hallway....
    And it didn't seem odd until now, but the way they seated us at our meals at these giant long tables in the center of the room, likely directly under the watchful eyes....
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I can't tell you if he was working or not! Even if he's not moving, he is moving in my head! Nothing scares me more than Dinosaur though. I dare you to find a ride photo of me not covering up my eyes.

When does your AP expire? We are booked Sept 17-24, it would be fab to see you guys again!
    Depending on how this little adventure in mesopotania warngles Kima nd I are thinking about another trip inSEP to coincide with ehr birthday (the 13th) i'll elt you know if we end up going, Dole wWhips for everyone!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

You mentioned Captain EO, are you saying keep it or get rid of it? I loved seeing it for the first time last October, it was so fun to take a trip back to the 80s! I prefer EO over HISTA, that is for sure. If they put EO back in the vault, hope they come up with something else to show in there.
    EO was a good show fopr the 80s but it did not age well. of course it still si better than HISTA. Well the sneezing dog is kinda cute. i think a new show needs to be developed.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Depending on how this little adventure in mesopotania warngles Kima nd I are thinking about another trip inSEP to coincide with ehr birthday (the 13th) i'll elt you know if we end up going, Dole wWhips for everyone!
    Please do!

EO was a good show fopr the 80s but it did not age well. of course it still si better than HISTA. Well the sneezing dog is kinda cute. i think a new show needs to be developed.
    Agreed, of course EO isn't cutting edge, it was made in the 80s, we are so spoiled with 3D movies and computer animation, makes the older stuff look...eh. Seeing MJ just brought me back to being a teenager and dancing to Thriller etc, fun times.

Please do!

Agreed, of course EO isn't cutting edge, it was made in the 80s, we are so spoiled with 3D movies and computer animation, makes the older stuff look...eh. Seeing MJ just brought me back to being a teenager and dancing to Thriller etc, fun times.
    I just had a vision of a 1980s Caroline yelling "play Thriller eh?" complete with the red leatehr jacket, soon to be followed with a the sparkly glove customized with a maple leaf. Seeriously I laugh right out loud in my cubicle and someone came by to ask what was so funny
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

I just had a vision of a 1980s Caroline yelling "play Thriller eh?" complete with the red leatehr jacket, soon to be followed with a the sparkly glove customized with a maple leaf. Seeriously I laugh right out loud in my cubicle and someone came by to ask what was so funny
    You are easily amused! The 80s version of Caroline looked more like 80s Cyndi Lauper, FYI.

You are easily amused! The 80s version of Caroline looked more like 80s Cyndi Lauper, FYI.

So now the vision is of you with brightly colored eye shadow, singing girls just want o have fun at the top of your lungs
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

So now the vision is of you with brightly colored eye shadow, singing girls just want o have fun at the top of your lungs
    Something like that. I thought of you while I watched Captain EO (I love that show, don't care what anybody says) and I took a little pic of the Veritas sign in Norway for you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Sustain & Improve

The Better Half and I took a week at WDW in November (Is till haven't gotten around to my trip report) and at the end of the day on the bus back to the resort we would talk about what WDW was doing right and what we'd like to see them do to plus up the parks.

here are a few of the things we came up what are some of yours?

MK
    Doing it right:
    CM interactions - it seems like there are more CMs at the parks these days (true or perception not sure?) and they seems to be doing more direct Guest interactions. More street player son main Street, The Chartacters seem to be out more, and frankly I'm very pleased at the level of cguest services altely, I found he CMs to be very friendly and helpful with any questions, just tlaking about the parks and the like. We've decided thta on out next trip we are printing out the business card sized thank you cards,an idea we saw here on the forums to hand out tot eh exceptional CMs.

Counter Service food is getting better with choices.

Plus it up:
    Tomorrow Lands feels like it could use a little TLC. Also so something with the old skyway station in Fantasy land. beautiful building used to park strollers.

Revamp Stores and Stands to sell merchandise specific to attractions and Magic Kingdom. Restore Mainstreet to Stores that have speciality merchandise.

EPCOT
    Doing it right:
    Again CM interations. I think the Powers rthat be have been pushing guest services standards. They seem to have improved in the last year or so.

World Showcase keeps adding new entertainment and quick food and beverages. Keeping it fresh.

Plus it up:
    Journey into imagination, CPT Eo and the wonders of life pavilsion, please update the former and do something with the later. it seems like a huge waste for it to just sit there excpet for the occasional special event

Future World could use updates in its outside entertainment and quick outdoor snacks and beverages.

DHS
    Doing it right:
    A lot more character interactions. it seems the characters were out more at DHS, again maybe just perception but we noticed it more it seems.
    Love hat they are updating Star tours

Putting Disney Dollars into Big E ticket attractions

Plus it up:
    Time to make a decision for the backlot tour end or revamp it.

Toss the CS eatery and the CM in charge of their imagineering. Move a CM in that can bring CS stands and restaurants as good as AK's are

DAK
    Doing it right:
    Emphasizing the animals. and increased character interactions. DAK seems to be defining itself as more than just a place to spend a few hours.

Air Conditioning more stores and attractions. I am a fan.

Plus it up:
    Fix the Yeti
    refurb the hammer swing game at Chester & Hester's I loved that thing!
    Could use some eye catching land marks around the "Tree" circular sidewalk area. Everything seems to look so similar that I am embarrassed to say, go down the wrong road frequently.
    Me at AK -----> Map

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12