Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Wish Me Luck - Learning To Drive in the Community Center forums; Eek! Have just taken the plunge and booked myself on a 10-week intensive driving course - I start on Monday night after work!! Due to some changes/a promotion at work, ...
    missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Wish Me Luck - Learning To Drive

Eek! Have just taken the plunge and booked myself on a 10-week intensive driving course - I start on Monday night after work!!

Due to some changes/a promotion at work, I've been forced to change my life-style somewhat and have been asked to learn to drive a car. I've been getting along fine up until now on my scooter, but it's time to move on to my very own doom-buggy! Hubby is taking me out to buy a car on Sunday so I have a practice vehicle between lessons and hopefully I'll be out and about on my own in no time.

Any advice for a nervous 31 year old would be much appreciated!!! It all feels a bit like a baptism of fire for me at the moment... yikes!!!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: Wish Me Luck - Learning To Drive

Luck!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Good luck, but I don't know about that driving on the left side of the road;lol.
    No really, best of luck.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Rtobe is offline C-Ticket Holder

Good luck to you! Hope it is easier than you think. As for the driving on the left side of the road - it is probably considerably easier if you learn that way and it is your normal frame of reference, you don't have anything to compare it to.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You'll do just fine, just watch out for those crazy European drivers... like me Mum-In-Law.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

good luck!!! keep us posted with how you do! driving is a learned skill!! you can learn it easily, but the skill is dealing with other people!! haha
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Thanks for all your wishes guys... I'm starting to get super nervous now. First lesson is tomorrow at 6pm!

Have paid a deposit on a car today which is a cute little Smart car in silver (I've already nick-named it the Doom Buggy - not sure if that's a good idea! LOL) - will pick it up next weekend - woo-hoo!!!

Anyway, off to swat up in my Highway Code... fingers crossed I'll make it through lesson one in one-piece!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon