Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Post Disney World Trip Depression... in the Community Center forums; I dont mean clinical depression but being down about not being there. It's been 12 years since I had been to Disney I finally made it back on 5/20/05-5/29/05 and ...
    SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Disney World Trip Depression...

I dont mean clinical depression but being down about not being there. It's been 12 years since I had been to Disney I finally made it back on 5/20/05-5/29/05 and I must say that it was one of the best experiences I have been on. When I got back to reality I find that I am down about not being there. It's getting better every day but I feel like I wish I lived there....anyone else have similar experiences when they return from a trip to WDW?

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Its been forever since I've been there too....when ppl ask what WDW is like I tell them it makes local amusement parks look like backyard carnivals....Years later I still feel like that when I got to local stuff...tho a few of the parks near me make carnivals look huge...lol (old parks and very small)
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I know exactly what you mean. I get depressed , only for a short time, when I think about our last trip, July of 2003. I am very lucky that I am a scrapbooker, though, because I am still working on that trip. Taking my time on it seems to keep the memories alive .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    This sounds so shallow and pathetic, but I haven't been since October 2003, and am killing myself over it! I'd considered an 'emergency' trip before the lagoon in Fantasyland bit the dust, but that was just a spur-of-the-moment thing, never seriously considered going through with it. I fight the 'depression' by listening to WDW audio and music whenever I need a fix.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Weekends are great for those trips down memory Main St. U.S.A. lane. I've been known to watch DVD after DVD.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i totally know what you mean...i was there recently and driving home is always the worst!!! makes you want to cry ...i just try and remember how lucky i am that i got to go and to have been there so many times...and leaving only means you get to go back ...i agree with everyone that listening to some disney and looking at my pictures makes me happy and helps me get over the withdrawal
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I fight off the most extreme bouts of depression with thoughts of old school Disney and how it used to be... oh wait, that's what causes it..

This feeling is completely normal! You plan and you plan and you plan...then you go and have a FABULOUS time and then...your home! It's so funny how exciting it is to count down the days until you get there, but then when it's over....gloom and doom. I just try to focus on our next trip and start planning all over again! No matter how long the time lapse will be between the two trips! Plus, if you can keep Disney stuff going it doesn't make it so bad. This site is great for that! There is always somebody going or just coming back and it's fun to share in their joy, excitement and stories!!!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I have it (depression) already and I havent been on my trip yet!!! I'm just depressed because I made a pact w. the BF that next year he could choose the vacation spot and he choose Vegas. It's no Disney trip to me!!! Maybe I can talk him into taking a little ride to DL for a few days!!

Maybe I should snickerdoodle my way back into a better mood!!!

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    We got back to reality on 5/29/05 and I'm starting to feel better now. We are starting to plan our next trip which is a Carnival cruise... I'm a Disney Fanatic now and I don't want to go on a cruise. Now I have to convince people to go back to Disney and not a cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupBone
    We got back to reality on 5/29/05 and I'm starting to feel better now. We are starting to plan our next trip which is a Carnival cruise... I'm a Disney Fanatic now and I don't want to go on a cruise. Now I have to convince people to go back to Disney and not a cruise.
    Compromise...go on a Disney Cruise! They are fabulous and everyone will have a great time!