Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss I just booked our first trip to Disney World in the Community Center forums; and I'm so very excited. For the past couple of years I've been pouring over these forums for information & dreaming about when we could go to Disney World. Your ...
    Frostfall is offline A-Ticket holder

I just booked our first trip to Disney World

and I'm so very excited. For the past couple of years I've been pouring over these forums for information & dreaming about when we could go to Disney World. Your pictures have helped me as of course all the helpful information. I can't wait until I too can post pictures! We're picking out our restraunts so we can make reservations & I'm going to try to order the Cinderella Slipper Dessert at Cinderella's Royal Table. *crosses fingers*

See you real soon!

Frosty
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: I just booked our first trip to Disney World

Congrats on booking your trip...you will have an awesome time! I'm currently in Disney World now, leaving Thursday. Shortly thereafter I will post a trip report, and you will be able to get a better feel of "the World" from it...and of course the various other trip reports on the site as well.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

congrats on your 1st trip!! so exciting!! there is soo much info to be found on this site, as well as others.

when is your trip?? i love that you are going to CRT!! if you dont have a travel agent, make sure you call or do online for your ADRs at the right time period!!

(ps. im going to wdw next month, so stay tuned for my trip report too lol)
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Congrats on your first trip!! Thats so exciting! And i love Cinderella's Royal Table especially when wishes is going on.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Congrats on your first trip! I am helping tw of my very good friends book their first trip as we speak! It's so exciting! Enjoy every second of it!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

congrats on the first trip
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

2kydisneyfans is offline B-Ticket Holder

Congrats on your first trip. I wish I had all the information that you have at the palm of your hand by being a part of this forum. You and your family will have a great time. Any questions that you have can be answered by a number of wonderful people that are on the forums. Best of luck to you!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Congrats and have a great trip.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Wow! A first timer! Welcome to the boards! Everyone here can help you with any questions you have or decisions you need to make so feel free to bounce stuff off us all! Congratulations!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Congrats on booking your first trip

Make sure you don't try and remember all the advice, tips, and guidance that you'll read all over the place! Don't forget to take it easy, look up and down, listen to the sounds, smell the smells!!

Oh, who am I kidding....I plan my trips 2 years in advance...with spreadsheets, folders, notebooks, print outs of every tip I find.....etc etc.... !!!!!!!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

I wish i could be there when people go on their first trip just to see it through their eyes! You are in for such a treat, you'll be planning the next trip before you've even left!
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemma666 View Post
    Oh, who am I kidding....I plan my trips 2 years in advance...with spreadsheets, folders, notebooks, print outs of every tip I find.....etc etc.... !!!!!!!
    Ditto! I don't think it'd be possible for me to plan without Excel. LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Oh, you're going to have the most wonderful time! I still remember the butterflies I got in my tummy when I booked my first visit - it's a magical feeling and you're going to just LOVE IT!!!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Frostfall is offline A-Ticket holder

My husband & I are going on our belated honeymoon so we're very excited. (We met in 2005 & were married in 2008, but just have not had the ability before now to go) We actually are already planning our second trip which will be with all of the family. (His parents, our children who are now in college, his sister & her husband) We're looking at staying in the All Star Movie Resort then. This time we're staying in Port Orleans Riverside.

We're excited to go dancing at the Atlantic Dance Hall (I found the perfect dancing shoes - yes shoes matter, especially heel width) & to walk on the boardwalk as well as all the things to do in the parks. I had been sort of iffy about the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party until I saw Kat228's pictures. It's now on the list.

I know we have to make our reservations early so I'm sitting here with my notebook taking notes on all the different places to eat & where they are. Once the calendar comes out for April & we know which park is open late / early, we'll pick out where we want to go & on which day. Then it's time to make our reservations.

I've been to Disneyland with my grandparents & parents a couple of times as I was growing up but never to Disney World & it's the one place I have always wanted to go. You all might understand this, but I told my husband I'd like to eventually move to Orlando. I want to be able to go to Disney World all the time. *sheepish grin* (Ok moving where it does not snow & is humid are also benefits)

In fact it's nice to be able to bubble about all of this to other people who understand & want to bubble & are excited about Disney World too. I'm so happy I found you all. <3
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

disneynurse is offline A-Ticket holder

Congratulations! Have a wonderful trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast