Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss Marceline, MO in the Community Center forums; I am probably more likely to go here than some other places. I think it is a personal decision. Personally I would rather seen MK....
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Marceline, MO

I am probably more likely to go here than some other places. I think it is a personal decision. Personally I would rather seen MK.

dreamitºoºdoit is offline A-Ticket holder

It may have been a tourist attraction, but what are they supposed to do... nothing?
    It was a teeny tiny little town and the museum was very small, non- profit and run entirely by voulenteers who have to sit in the barely conditioned building all day.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I think, for me, Marceline would be almost as much of a draw as visiting Disneyland CA. Because it was such an important part of Walt's life and he drew so much inspiration from that place, it would be great just to see/feel it with my own eyes. I had a similar mind-set when I first booked to visit Disneyland - I just wanted to be immersed in Walt's spirit and history. I think if you spend your life enjoying and studying the history of somebody's work and life, getting to see parts of that for yourself is incredibly exciting and worthwhile.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Never said it wouldn't be neat to see. I just never saw the draw of the "George Washington slept here" gimmick.
    I think I'm a s u cker because if someone pointed at a bed and said "Walt slept here and we haven't touched it since" I'd probably beg to lie on it.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 08-05-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Stupid ***
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I think I'm a s u cker because if someone pointed at a bed and said "Walt slept here and we haven't touched it since" I'd probably beg to lie on it.
    LOL - me too!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

I was lucky enough to visit Marceline of August this year also! It is something I've been wanting to do for so long and finally had the opportunity this past summer. My mom, sister, and I all had such a great time. The Walt Disney Hometown Museum is located in the old railroad depot there and it was really amazing to visit. The volunteers say it is a work in progress- I would totally love to visit again someday when they have even more to see. A lot of things in the museum were donated by Walt's sister Ruth when she died- just a lot of cool things to see like all the letters he wrote her and things he sent to her over the years. The lady who gave us our tour, Inez, was just too sweet. She shared with us a her own personal stories about Walt...I could've listened all day. We hung around awhile after the tour to talk with her more.

After that we headed over to see the track where the midget Autopia used to run and then took a good look at the "real" Main Street USA, which just seemed sort of unreal to me. Finally we rode over to Walt's farm. We sat under his Dreaming Tree (my favorite) and then took a walk in his barn. The walls of the barn are just covered in well wishes from all of his fans. I had chills reading all of them.

There were two messages that I found that were just awesome. One read something along the lines of, "En route back to California after a trip to Florida and just had to stop here. We have big plans in store. Your magic is still alive." It was signed, "--one of your Imagineers"...sooo cool to see. The other was a thank you note signed "-your Florida Cast Members". There were just so many inspiring messages.

We just walked the farm for a bit once we left the barn, then drove by Walt's former house. It's really just a day trip, doesn't take any longer than that. If you're within driving distance I would definitely recommend making a weekend trip out there. Marceline is six hours away from me, so we made a mini road trip out of it and also stopped in Springfield, IL to check out Abe Lincoln's birthplace & grave, and then Hannibal, MO to see Mark Twain's hometown (I'm a Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn fan). All three places, I thought, were fascinating. Maybe I'll try to get some pics posted within the next few days.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Please do post some pics. I live in Missouri and still haven't been to Marceline.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Still no word if my signed FP is still there, or if I'll need to go back and drop another one off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12