Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Pixie Dust to British Forum Members... in the Community Center forums; ... just want to send out some pixie dust to any forum members who are/having been affected by the awful riots spreading across England - can't believe what a mess ...
    missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Pixie Dust to British Forum Members...

... just want to send out some pixie dust to any forum members who are/having been affected by the awful riots spreading across England - can't believe what a mess it all is. Stay safe peeps!! Lets hope tonight is peaceful...
    Last edited by missbounce; 08-09-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Pixie Dust to British Forum Members...

I have friends and family in London, and it is just awful!! Lots of pixie dust will be going out
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Mickey's my man is offline B-Ticket Holder

Pixie Dust, Shooting stars and Love to everyone in London. I hope things get better.
    My Happy Place!
    "Follow Rafiki! He know's the way!"
    "I'm Tigger! T-i-double G-er!"
    "I will call you squishy and you will be my squishy"
    "Lady's do not start fights but they can finish them!"
    "Dreams come True!"
    "If you can dream it, you can do it!" -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's my man View Post

Pixie Dust, Shooting stars and Love to everyone in London. I hope things get better.
    Sadly the violence is not just confined to London now - has now spread to other large cities around the UK... just praying that people come to their senses soon and realise this kind of behaviour is not going to solve anything.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Prayers and pixie dust to all my friends throughout London, UK, and Europe!!

This is unnecessary!!

xxoxoxox
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Prayers and pixie dust to the nation at large. Maybe tonight will be quiet and peaceful.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 08-09-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Praying for calm and peace.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

What are they rioting about? I see articles about the rioting, but none say why the riots started.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney.Gen.2.0 View Post
    What are they rioting about? I see articles about the rioting, but none say why the riots started.
    That's a good question! The London riots officially started after somebody was shot by the police a few nights ago and died (a protest that went horribly wrong). But since, then, it's obvious that other idiots are using the initial riots as an excuse to go crazy for absolutely no reason. There was an interview on the radio yesterday with a couple of people from London who said that they were rioting and looting shops because they had no money. They said that only English snobs would not understand - I guess that makes 99% of Britain's population snobs then, cause I think we're all pretty much dumb-founded by what's going on. Now, countless other cities around the UK are having the same things happen - just an excuse to steal and cause mindless damage. Sorry for the rant - just so angry that a small minority are destroying our country's reputation.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

In-laws are up in Stockport and haven't heard of any rioting there, but P&P to all the UK.

News just said that the police shot and killed a drug dealer that shot at them. That happens all the time all over. I can't believe people are rioting over it. They killed the bad man selling kids drugs!

Everyone stay safe!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    They said that only English snobs would not understand - I guess that makes 99% of Britain's population snobs then, cause I think we're all pretty much dumb-founded by what's going on.

I guess that makes Americans a bunch of snobs too. I never understand that kind of behavior. It's sad to see how little we've evolved over time. The same stupid stuff happens in the States too. Here's hoping the police can get it under control before more innocent people are killed.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Guess I am English snob! So embarrassed by our country's behaviour this week
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

Fortunately, the last two nights have been quiet - let's hope it stays that way!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    That's a good question! The London riots officially started after somebody was shot by the police a few nights ago and died (a protest that went horribly wrong). But since, then, it's obvious that other idiots are using the initial riots as an excuse to go crazy for absolutely no reason. There was an interview on the radio yesterday with a couple of people from London who said that they were rioting and looting shops because they had no money. They said that only English snobs would not understand - I guess that makes 99% of Britain's population snobs then, cause I think we're all pretty much dumb-founded by what's going on. Now, countless other cities around the UK are having the same things happen - just an excuse to steal and cause mindless damage. Sorry for the rant - just so angry that a small minority are destroying our country's reputation.
    Very well explained. One girl CNN showed in an interview said she came out to riot and pillage "to show the rich people that we can, because they have too much.". Really? Well, they worked and earned it, the youth could try that-working and earning.

Maybe it will all be quiet for you all from now and on.

May all
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.