Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss So does anyone ever venture to the other parks in Orlando in the Community Center forums; Universal, Island of Adventure, Sea World etc. My next trip I'm thinking of taking a visit to Universal and Islands of Adventure mostly because I want to see the Harry ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

So does anyone ever venture to the other parks in Orlando

Universal, Island of Adventure, Sea World etc. My next trip I'm thinking of taking a visit to Universal and Islands of Adventure mostly because I want to see the Harry Potter area. I've heard it's great.
    WDW Radio Android App.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: So does anyone ever venture to the other parks in Orlando

We've done Universal Studios a couple of times, but I'm not a big fan of the park (hubby seems to get more out of it than me!) - although Halloween Horror Nights is a lot of fun if you're there during spooky season. Enjoy Sea-World and have done Discovery Cove a couple of times as well. Other than that, it's Disney all the way for me and the last two trips we've done, we've not left property throughout out entire trip.

I am a Harry Potter fan though, so would like to check out IOA next year, just to be nosy and see what they've done with the place. Have heard good things about.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Islands of Adventure is a lot of fun. Never been to the Studios, but Universal's City Walk which lies between the two parks is a fun place for nightlife. Good eats, good drinks, good atmosphere.

Haven't been to Sea World since I was a youngin', but I always thought it was really cool, and they've done quite a bit with it over the last 25 years from what I hear.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I think most people visit the other parks. Sea World has really built itself up over the years. Universal Still needs to figure out what it's doing because they can't rest on HP forever.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

FritzTiki is offline A-Ticket holder

On my last trip down we took part of a day and went to IOA to check out Harry Potterland. It was very cool and I enjoyed myself but after we were done getting our Potter on we just headed right back to WDW. I was glad I did it but I don't feel like I will have to go back again. The difference between the Universal and WDW is so pronounced, especially when you do both properties in one day. Other than Harry Potter, Universal's roller coasters are fairly average in my opinion and don't hold up well to the overall feel of WDW. If you do happen to swing through IOA during your trip, I highly recommend the frozen butterbeer, it's pretty fantabulous...

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Is The Incredible Hulk roller coaster still there? I'd say that's a bit better than average.

Either way, if you don't mind the hour (possibly +) drive down I-4, Busch Gardens is an excellent park to visit. Beautiful and fairly well-themed grounds with some excellent coasters.

Quote Originally Posted by FritzTiki View Post
    On my last trip down we took part of a day and went to IOA to check out Harry Potterland. It was very cool and I enjoyed myself but after we were done getting our Potter on we just headed right back to WDW. I was glad I did it but I don't feel like I will have to go back again. Other than Harry Potter, Universal's roller coasters are fairly average in my opinion and don't hold up well to the overall feel of WDW.
    You really should have checked out the Spiderman ride. Hands down, better than anything Disney has (or probably will) ever produced. It's what Star Tours SHOULD be, even after this second incarnation.
    Last edited by supernova; 08-11-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

We talk about it every time we go. But with our limited schedule, and no car, we only do WDW. Many, many years ago when we stayed off property and rented a car, we went to Universal and Sea World.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

I guess that also depends on what you consider a "limited" schedule. Any more than three days in the area and you're clear to do at least one of the other parks.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Yes. US/IOA are great parks to go to
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

We have annual passes to Universal and Busch Gardens. Both have some interesting things to see and do, but I'm always glad to go back to WDW. I haven't been to Sea World in many years.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Oh I ditto the Spiderman thing... it WOULD be the best ride I've ever been on, but I think the Harry Potter new ride is even better (its like spiderman meets Soarin). Universal Studios is probably my least favourite park in the Orlando area, but Islands of adventure is awesome and I remember really liking Sea World as well. We have Marineland where I live and Sea World sure beats it haha. We obviously go to WDW more, but if we have the time we'll fit in a day or two at Islands of adventure. It would be more if it weren't for the fact that once you're already doing Disney another day at islands is a lot more than another day at Disney.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I like the VIP tour at Universal Studios Hollywood. That single tour is greater than the entire DHS park. The only way I'll ever do Universal Studios Hollywood again is through the VIP tour. You get a front-of-the-line pass to use after an in-depth and walkabout tour of Universal Studios' lots, props, and shops. The rides are not worth waiting an hour for them.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i love harry potter world its totally worth the trip to the other park
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

malt is offline Fastpass Holder

I find that Universal has gone down hill a bit and as such I won't waist my time or money to go there. To be honest, the only non Disney park I'll do is SeaWorld.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast