Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss D23 Expo 2009 vs 2011 in the Community Center forums; I have been an avid Box person since the beginning. I had every intention of going to the Expo this year, but the AF had other plans. So here is ...
    elcid93 is offline A-Ticket holder

D23 Expo 2009 vs 2011

I have been an avid Box person since the beginning. I had every intention of going to the Expo this year, but the AF had other plans.

So here is my question, for those who went, how did they compare? From the outside, it seemed like there was little to no big announcements at all. How were the presentations compared to 2009. How were the crowds?

It just seemed like it wasn't as good as the last one. Am I off base?

Thanks,
    BillFox

disneynurse is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: D23 Expo 2009 vs 2011

Hi Bill,

I was in the box for both Expos as well and I thought that the first one in 2009 had more information and new projects announced (like the Fantasyland Expansion) which made the Parks and Resort's presentation this year seem a little sub-par as if they just repeated what was said before. With that said I really enjoyed "walking" around and seeing all the exhibits this time in the box much more than before. I felt this year that we were apart of the action going on at the Expo, it was great to meet Alex Maher, Jeffrey Epstein and Paige O'Hara! I'll never forget this experience.

So overall for me the Box this year was more special because of the interviews we had. But as far as the Expo is concerned I thought the exhibits were much better this year but the news and new projects released were much better in 2009.