Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Earthquake on the East Coast in the Community Center forums; I am in Harrisburg Pa did anyone feel the earthquake today...
    zwandel is offline B-Ticket Holder

Earthquake on the East Coast

I am in Harrisburg Pa did anyone feel the earthquake today
    ZACH

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: Earthquake on the East Coast

We felt it on Long Island...everyone is making such a fuss about it! There's no damage done, no injuries...the people in my office sound like they just surivived the sinking of the Titanic!

Don't get me wrong, it was cool and I am glad to say I experienced it, but there's no reason for the radio station to be calling it "Earthquake Tuesday"!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

theostwalts is offline A-Ticket holder

I felt it in Statesville, North Carolina! It shook our office for about 10 seconds I guess. They are doing some construction up the road, and at first I thought it was that. Until my wife sent me a text and said she thought we just had an earthquake!!

I didn't even realize what it was because it was so minor here. At the time my DH was doing something funky with my office door and I thought he made the wall shake. Now I know it was the quake. Kinda funny!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

zwandel is offline B-Ticket Holder

I agree with people going a little overboard I just wanted to see what people reactions were
    ZACH

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    We felt it on Long Island...everyone is making such a fuss about it! There's no damage done, no injuries...the people in my office sound like they just surivived the sinking of the Titanic!

Don't get me wrong, it was cool and I am glad to say I experienced it, but there's no reason for the radio station to be calling it "Earthquake Tuesday"!
    Thank you. Holy cr@p. I don't understand how the news can be covering this non-story for the past two hours straight. Look folks, the ground shook, for a TEENY second. Then NOTHING else happened. Everyone's OK. Every major city is fine. Including the immediate area of the 5.8 earthquake, as far as I can tell. But, the actual quake happened in VIRGINIA. So why this tiny five-second tremor is local news, I have no idea.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

They spent 3hrs on the news covering it. There was nothing to cover. There was no damage. How many people can you interview asking if they felt it?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

OldKeyWestgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

I was on the 13th floor in a high rise building in Center City Philadelphia. It was pretty scary - We moved quite a bit. We thought the building was coming down. I'm sure you didn't feel it as much as we did - but they did suspend transit service in the area because of cracks found underground. Philadelphia is pretty old so we did get some window shattering out on market street. They also evacuated all high rise buildings in center city because none of the buildings are "earthquake proof." It kinda felt like an explosion from under us which is why we initially thought the building was collapsing. Other than than people being freaked out - we are all OK!

Believing in yourself never goes out of style

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Wow, hope veryone is okay, but yes, the coverage has been overly dramatic. It isn't the first, won't be the last. Even this far down, there are fault lines. But I do hope no one was harmed.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    They spent 3hrs on the news covering it. There was nothing to cover. There was no damage. How many people can you interview asking if they felt it?
    Pre-amble to this winter when they head to Home Depot to ask people why they are buying shovels and rock salt in advance of a predicted storm.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

in it was big news in lil no where russell ky... we had lots of fun with it..lol

i was in the computer chair at the desk and i thought someone was behind me messing with my chair.. but i looked up and no one was there and i looked at the girl next me and i was like earthquake..lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

It was felt in different intensities in different areas. I was at home and not feeling well. I thought that something was happening to me as I felt disoriented and dizzy, but it was over quickly and our city's damage was only in the center city area to some big skyscrapers.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

My DS felt it here in Richlands, NC. He was in the house on the second floor. I was outside in the back yard and felt nothing.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

It was felt in Southern Ontario, but its barely in the news (I saw one paragraph on page 18 today in the paper). The leader of one of Canada's political partys just died of cancer and he was well respected and pretty popular so its dominating the news. So ya, I guess we just aren't having a slow news week for it to be news, usually they would be all over this sort of thing!

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

in long island where i am you felt it very slightly but its still annoying bc thats all the news talks about now , oh and irene whoooo cares!!!!!
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast