Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Commend a Cast Member in the Community Center forums; I'm new to forums, so bear with me please. I recently returned from a trip at WDW, while staying at the Poly. While at the Poly I met Steve the ...
    kso304 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Commend a Cast Member

I'm new to forums, so bear with me please.

I recently returned from a trip at WDW, while staying at the Poly.

While at the Poly I met Steve the bartender. He made me feel like I was a regular at the local watering hole and he was the bartender.

I heard Lou and Becky talk about ways to bring the attention of excellent cast member service to Disney. I didn't even think about bringing it to the attention of a manager during my stay.

Who do I need to email or write in order to commed the great service given by Steve? And what is the email/address that I need to send it to?

Thanks

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: Commend a Cast Member

Contact Us | Walt Disney World Resort

This is always a great place to start!!

Also,

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
    PO Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
    wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Let us know if you hear anything back!!!

Reminds me, I have to email in my CM compliments!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Yep definitely send an email or a letter!!

There's an old site that used to be great for doing just that... it's WhatWouldWaltDo.com. Thing is, the last commendation posted out there is from 2003 so I'm not sure if it's "live" anymore. The concept was that you would purchase pins with an attached card that was used as a thank you note. The card also directed them to the site where a commendation was posted. The owners of the site then sent the information to Disney. The concept was wonderful but I have a feeling the site is no longer truly operational.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

When we were last at WDW with the kiddos in July of '07, I went to the concierge desk at All Star Music when we arrived and talked to a CM named Ashley about doin' somethin' for our oldest DD's sweet 16 b-day on the 12th while we were there. When we came back to the resort to take a mid-day break that afternoon, there were balloons, a card, half a dozen red roses, some keychains, a Minnie plush, and a coupla' other small things I know I'm forgettin' at this point. It was off-the-charts!!!
    Before we left, we made sure we tracked down her manager and made sure she knew how out of her way she went for our daughter.
    Luckily, and as chance would have it, Ashley was present when we did.
    Last edited by Dizisit; 09-06-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Schpelling...!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

As a Disney CM, I can't tell you how appreciated this is. There are so many CMs out there makin' the magic everyday, but never actually get to hear back how much they meant to someone. I know just hearing a simple "thank you" from a guest while I was working in the parks would make my day.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    As a Disney CM, I can't tell you how appreciated this is. There are so many CMs out there makin' the magic everyday, but never actually get to hear back how much they meant to someone. I know just hearing a simple "thank you" from a guest while I was working in the parks would make my day.
    As a fellow CM (although not at the parks, but we hope to "retire" there someday as CM's ), I know what you mean! I was "shopped" in August for our "The Magic Touch". I was the only CM on stage at the time during this Guests whole visit.
    Some of the comments, as I wrote them down...
    "Steve was the most positive aspecdt of my visit. He was excellent."
    And...
    "I think I have made it clear in my answers before that this was the best experience I had ever had at a Store. This was all due to Sterve's efforts. He was a great Cast Member."

Along with being "shopped" and all that, we get A LOT of questions from Guests about who they can talk to about our great service! We're human and aren't always on our top game, but we really get WAYYYYY more compliments than the other. We're a great team, really LOVE what we do and want to truely create Magical Moments and make the Guests as happy as we can!

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

When we wanted to praise a CM, whilst still at WDW we went to guest services at downtown Disney and they helped us to fill in a form which was sent on to CM. Obviously not much help once home!

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

CM's are the best! My first trip to Disney World was when I was ten and I don't remember most of that trip but one thing I do remember is a CM coming over to us and my daddy had bought me an invisible dog lead. CM told us we would have to leave the park if we wanted to keep our dog in the park as they don't allow dogs (I was a gullible child and believed him and thought he was going to kick us out) he took the dog lead though and held it in the air and said if you hold it like this you can stay cos we allow invisible Giraffe's! 16 years later I still remember that CM but not his name!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

There is a thread on here about the "little touches" that guests bring to share with extra magical CM's. Little notes, cards, lanyard pins (ebay), little things they hand a magical CM. But a word to a manager and a follow up email (some jealous managers never pass praise up the chain) never, ever hurts.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

All good advice and welcome to the site.